DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Thing to do in San Andreas was actually bite the bullet and do the 100 spray tags in Los Santos some point early before gang war breaks out.

Ak-47 and Molotovs (maybe the best weapon in the game once you learn not to light yourself on fire) spawning at the Johnson house? Yes please.

I need more tips like these guys. Since the option of gang wars was presented to me I plowed through them in Los Santos in like 3 hours, which sucked because now that I'm in San Fiero I can't just go around farming AK's e SMG's from dumb Ballas.

I got in some quality time with GTA IV this weekend. I guess I finally finished Act I:

I killed Faustin, got betrayed by Dmitri, and then got forced to relocate to Bohan.

I forgot how much I really despised chase/follow and stalk missions. I also am not sure that I have had an insanely fun mission yet in this game. Granted, I vaguely remember the parts I played two year sago.

I would also like the side missions to add tanigble rewards.  The stuff you got from friends in IV wasn't very useful for the most part.  I think if it added to your character's stats/abilities, more people would play the side stuff instead of doing it once or twice because it's required in a mission.  There are some open world games like Saints Row and Sleeping Dogs that are really good at that, so it shouldn't be a problem for GTA to incorporate something similar.

That's stuff's really there for the OCD players who have to have 100% completion.  I liked how one of the achievements for GTIV was that you had to kill a Rockstar developer in a multiplayer match.  They should stick in some really tedious, annoying tasks that are not necessary to finish the main story.

Maybe something like a "Make It Rain" achievement where  you have to go to a strip club and get a lap dance for 50 consecutive songs but you have to tip the stripper after every song so you can't leave the game running and come back later.

I don't go for trophies and I didn't play online that much in public matches but I did get that Rockstar developer achievement.  Just got lucky, I guess.

And that was basically how you bought the strip club in VC.  You had to sit and let the stripper go for like 10 minutes until you spend $500.

Man, I loved driving around Las Venturas on "The Dust".

Good times...

I swear there was one gang that I could never find to complete 100% with  the gangs.

It was probably a glitch, but 100% was impossible in the gang section of LS.

I don't think it is a glitch.  There are a couple of gang "territories" that are basically just like a block, a little sliver on the map, so they're almost impossible to see.  This is one time the homie will help because they will shoot at/attract rival gangs.  Also IIRC there are a couple of territories for the Los Santos gangs in Bayside, the resort town north of San Fierro where the boat school is.

Thing to do in San Andreas was actually bite the bullet and do the 100 spray tags in Los Santos some point early before gang war breaks out.

Ak-47 and Molotovs (maybe the best weapon in the game once you learn not to light yourself on fire) spawning at the Johnson house? Yes please.

I need more tips like these guys. Since the option of gang wars was presented to me I plowed through them in Los Santos in like 3 hours, which sucked because now that I'm in San Fiero I can't just go around farming AK's e SMG's from dumb Ballas.

For the SMGs, raise your stats on the Uzis to the max so you can dual wield.  Best weapon in the game IMO.  Now, equip them and go into an Ammunation that has a gun range.  Complete the challenges and now you should have infinite ammo for them.  Otherwise you can just buy over 9999 rounds and it will become infinite.

When I first got to pilot school in San Andreas it was literally the only controller throwing moment I had with my XBox.

Then suddenly one day it clicked and I could probably do pilot school in my sleep. No way to explain it.

Still better than literally a half dozen things from Vice City, which at this point has moved into "most overrated video game of all time" territory.

When you have to have a fucking in-game school to teach the player to fly the planes and it's not a flight simulator... you done goofed. Shortly after that post I actually nailed the first 4 missions but I was too annoyed to do the helicopter stuff (which seems easier thankfully).

If any of you got gold in driving school where you drive the Super gt around town and back again with no damage and super quick, how? Just how? That car has major oversteer, the back swings out far too much to be travelling at high speeds through traffic.

I got that back in the day but I have no idea how.  I recently replayed most of SA before my PS3 died and I barely got a bronze.  That Super GT is by far one of the worst vehicles in any GTA game.

When I first got to pilot school in San Andreas it was literally the only controller throwing moment I had with my XBox.

Then suddenly one day it clicked and I could probably do pilot school in my sleep. No way to explain it.

Still better than literally a half dozen things from Vice City, which at this point has moved into "most overrated video game of all time" territory.

I just played through VC on my phone.  I still really liked the game.  But man, there are some missions on it that make flight school and Zero's stuff seem like a piece of cake.  No Escape and The Driver in particular.

Fuck this bullshit mission with the RC Helicopter. FUCK FUCK FUCK!

EDIT: BOOM! DONE! SUCK A DICK TINY HELICOPTER. 3 FUCKING TRIES. Fuck.

Zero claims another victim.

Fuck this bullshit mission with the RC Helicopter. FUCK FUCK FUCK!

EDIT: BOOM! DONE! SUCK A DICK TINY HELICOPTER. 3 FUCKING TRIES. Fuck.

Zero claims another victim.

I think my save game for this on my Xbox is still stuck at this mission. I think that's part of the reason why I never played it again. I am on this mission and the mission where you have to drive for fucking ever to take pictures of I forget the guys that betray you. I guess I'm probably best off just replaying this game from the beginning eventually.

I never even bothered getting anything past bronze on any of the school stuff in SA. I was so frustrated by that point I just wanted it over with. All I wanted to do was take a passenger plane to the height of the map and dive out of it right at the "fuck you I won't do what you tell me" part of Killing In The Name anyway.

And thanks for the heads up a few pages back, Neil. I was just misremembering everything and mixing up two or three different GTA games, but I had never heard of the Ghost City before. Looked it up on Youtube. That's pretty cool.

With all this talk of 5, I've gotten back into 4 for some free roam multiplayer. I was actually surprised at how many people still play. Naturally, it took about 5 minutes before I did nothing but repeatedly try to ramp a motorcycle into the chopper my buddy was flying. I got hit during a jump one time and managed to stay on the bike and not die. I was at the airport and ended up clearing the highway before I landed. Haven't been able to duplicate it since.

Flying stuff with the keyboard is infuriating, keyboard+mouse is just impossible.

Did the bike school missions in like 10 minutes, only had to retry a couple, found it so easy compared to all the other bullshit school missions (still stuck on the fucking car barrel roll) that I just said "Fuck you game", saved and quitted. 

GTA IV is a much better game imo, mainly because of technology advances but also because of some design choices on gameplay and story.

With all this talk of 5, I've gotten back into 4 for some free roam multiplayer. I was actually surprised at how many people still play. Naturally, it took about 5 minutes before I did nothing but repeatedly try to ramp a motorcycle into the chopper my buddy was flying. I got hit during a jump one time and managed to stay on the bike and not die. I was at the airport and ended up clearing the highway before I landed. Haven't been able to duplicate it since.

IV is still one of the top 10 most played games on Xbox LIve.

Re: Zero

Didn't it eventually come out that the original PS2 release had a bug that made Zero's biplane burn a lot more fuel than it was supposed to, that was fixed for the Xbox and PC releases?

I've read that also.  One thing that helps a lot is to only tap the accelerator enough to keep the plane level.  This won't burn as much fuel and helps to prevent oversteering.

Flying stuff with the keyboard is infuriating, keyboard+mouse is just impossible.

Did the bike school missions in like 10 minutes, only had to retry a couple, found it so easy compared to all the other bullshit school missions (still stuck on the fucking car barrel roll) that I just said "Fuck you game", saved and quitted. 

GTA IV is a much better game imo, mainly because of technology advances but also because of some design choices on gameplay and story.

SA's biggest problem is that it throws in too much stuff, so not everything is done as well as it could be. I hope V doesn't have this problem since it seems like they are trying to cram a ton into it.