DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I just got this and I'm kinda pissed that the only way you can get any real money in this game is convoluted stock market bullshit.  I'm holding off on the Lester mission for Franklin, because both Trevor and Franklin have sub 100k and I have no fucking idea of how to try and get them more money so that the effect of the stock going up has greater effect.

Trevor's got the missions for his airstrip that net about 7k each one, but Franklin has no equivalent.  I bought the towing station which was probably a fucking stupid idea, cause then I have to do a lot of those missions and they're dull as fuck and the pay is nothing.

What is with the whole "Your guys do missions for free" bull?

Variants of capture the flag.

I did one this afternoon, and I had absolutely no damn idea what I was supposed to do. Something involving buses. We kept blowing the other team's buses up, but I think the objective was to get the buses to our home base. Then suddenly, the game ended, we lost, and I haven't the slightest clue why.

And I like tank busting, too, when it works (only managed it twice and I count both as probably the most satisfying things of my GTA Online "career") but I'm usually playing alone, and if the tank catches you in the wrong place (somewhere without a lot of cover), you're screwed. I've been blown up 10-15 times in a row without even being able to establish an offensive position against the tank. Being chased by two of them in an open field was the worst thing ever.

Am I the only one who did a complete 180 on the soundtrack? First I thought it could barely touch the previous soundtracks, but the lesser known songs are starting to grow on me. Even with the classic rock station they didn't opt for the more obvious choices. Also Radio Mirror Park is starting to become a favourite of mine while cruising with Trevor, getting his hipster on.

I  only listen to Vinewood Boulevard now. I only really like two songs on Classic Rock... I still think San Andreas has the best soundtrack, but then it's set in 1991, and I was 17 then, so...

There is little that's as much fun as Tank busting. This one guy assures me that at the back of a Tank there's a big vent that is the weak spot, and one RPG or sticky bomb to that bit of an undamaged Tank still destroys it. That might have been what Cristobal hit when we were testing the Minigun vs a Tank a couple of weeks ago.

I've done a few user created Deathmatches that have Tanks and Fighter Jets in. They're rubbish*. But the creators get really pissed off when you dislike them.

The mission lobby screens now have a 'Buy all Ammo' option, to fill every weapon with one button press. And you can top up your Grenade Launcher without forking out for the full 20 anymore.

* Some people can't allocate respawn points for shit. On mine, I put every respawn point next to something you could use for cover.

I just got this and I'm kinda pissed that the only way you can get any real money in this game is convoluted stock market bullshit. I'm holding off on the Lester mission for Franklin, because both Trevor and Franklin have sub 100k and I have no fucking idea of how to try and get them more money so that the effect of the stock going up has greater effect.

Trevor's got the missions for his airstrip that net about 7k each one, but Franklin has no equivalent. I bought the towing station which was probably a fucking stupid idea, cause then I have to do a lot of those missions and they're dull as fuck and the pay is nothing.

What is with the whole "Your guys do missions for free" bull?

Calm down, it's like every other GTA game in that you're scraping for money at the beginning but will have tons at the end. Even without using the stock market, each guy will finish the game with around $30 million. If you invest right you will have about 1.5 bilion. Once you do the second heist and the first assassination you will have more than enough cash to get through the game.

BTW on an unrelated note, you do get cash on the user created races, even solo - at least I was while testing out my race last night

The latest round of fixes with the patch from Wednesday: http://bit.ly/J4A41r

I thought I'd read somewhere that there was no cash for user-created races, but I was wrong.

I played one guy's created race yesterday and it was awesome - lots of crazy turns and jumps, so well done. It really reminded me of a race Rockstar would've made. But he set up that particular race for custom Super cars and those have way too much power for the race he set up. i guess that was part of the fun, but I kept thinking what a great race it would've been for motorcycles.

Someone should make a GTA race that's basically just a straight line like an airport runway. Call it Survival of the Fittest.

I loaded into GTA Online this morning and someone gifted me 87,900,000.  Someone had put a bounty on another player for a billion $, and I reaped the benefits, I was barely off the couch when it happened.

Did this wind up sticking? Do you still have the money? I saw guys in the game the other day putting up gigantic bounties. Obviously, they went quicky.

When I checked it last night, I still had money left, I guess I should go ahead and buy everything I can, while I can, if Rockstar is going to take it away.

The latest round of fixes with the patch from Wednesday: http://bit.ly/J4A41r

I thought I'd read somewhere that there was no cash for user-created races, but I was wrong.

I played one guy's created race yesterday and it was awesome - lots of crazy turns and jumps, so well done. It really reminded me of a race Rockstar would've made. But he set up that particular race for custom Super cars and those have way too much power for the race he set up. i guess that was part of the fun, but I kept thinking what a great race it would've been for motorcycles.

Someone should make a GTA race that's basically just a straight line like an airport runway. Call it Survival of the Fittest.

The cash isn't a huge amount.  I got about $3500 for soloing a 10 lap race.  Each lap was around the minimum of .6 miles.  I haven't tried it with other people, so I'm not sure if the payout would increase.  It was still a decent amount of money for doing nothing.

I was also getting a good amount of RP, about 1500 points per race.

I tried making a race on the runways, but it said it was a restricted area.

That sort of thing comes up in one of the choices for the final heist mission:

You have to fly a helicopter through the windmill farm and keep it steady enough so Lester can shoot a RPG at Merryweather helicopters

One of the tougher portions of the game for me, though overall the single player mode was pretty easy.  I'm playing through Vice City again and no mission on GTAV comes close to being as tough or annoying as stuff like Checkpoint Charlie, The Driver, Cop Land, etc.

So on my first save I went to the Los Santos Docks briefcase.  I got that.  I tried going after two others, the one under the bridge nearby and the one on top of the sub on the west portion of the map.  Nothing at either.  On this new save I got going (so I don't stupidly spend money & shoot and kill Packie and his cohort without knowing I could get them in my heist).  I tried going to the one under the bridge.  The package was there.  Then I went to the Los Santos Docks one, that was gone.  So was the one on the sub and the one I checked out north of there on the main deck of the sunken ship.  The hell?

So uh...I just got gifted 106 million dollars. I'm aware this happens to people, but I'm not real sure what to do.

I've read an official Rockstar post that they won't punish people for gifted money, but they've got the automated cheater pool thing now. All I know is I don't want to deal with crap because 100% of my money has been made legitimately. Hell, I only had about 80k to my name tonight when I started playing.

I guess I'll submit a ticket to let them know it happened.

This coming weekend, Friday December 20th through Sunday December 22nd, jump into Grand Theft Auto Online for a very special Social Club Event Weekend featuring free entry into the tons of awesome player-created Jobs made using the Deathmatch & Race Creators Beta, special weekend-only deals to give you the edge in the intense tug-of-warfare of the brand new Capture game modes, chances to score rare GTAV gear and in-game GTA$ in exclusive sweepstakes and challenges and a special live-stream broadcast to feast your eyes on this Friday afternoon.

Over what should be a weekend spiked with creativity and carnage, we'll be on the lookout for exceptional hair-raising Races and heir-erasing Deathmatches. Jobs tagged with #CreatorWeekend before end of day Sunday will be in consideration for a special prize of GTA$1,000,000 and an exclusive unique vanity license plate to use in-game (CRE8R, TOPCRE8R, NO1CRE8R, THECRE8R, I_CRE8). To submit your Job head to the GTA Online section of Social Club and search for the Jobs you have created. In the details area of the job you think is worthy, click the Edit Tags button at the bottom, add #CreatorWeekend to the edit box and click Save. Five finalists will be picked in part based on the number of positive ratings they receive on Social Club, and also based on the discerning tastes of Rockstar Developers. See full terms and conditions.

For some inside hints and tips on mastering the Creator as well as to watch us and others try out some of the best and most creative Jobs out there, and take on the community in the new Capture modes, tune in this Friday at 2pm ET at socialclub.rockstargames.com/events or at twitch.tv/rockstargames for a live-stream Rockstar-hosted broadcast. Make sure to follow us at Twitch , Twitter and Facebook to get the word straight away when the broadcast begins. Members of Rockstar Games will also be online during the broadcast playing on both Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network as PlayRockstar, PlayRockstar1 and PlayRockstar2, so feel free to look for us.

Races and Deathmatches will be free entry all weekend to help you check out loads of the epic new Jobs created by the Social Club community. Claim an edge in Capture Jobs with 25% discounts on the Adder, the Dinka Double-T and the Buzzard, plus 50% off all Armor vehicle upgrades. If you've been weighing up an investment in high-speed engineering or some airborne firepower, this is the weekend to do it. And Event Crate Drops are back - frequent deliveries, with more than double the usual amount of RP, high-powered weapons and bonus cash.

In the Social Club Event Sweepstakes, five lucky Social Club members will score a Grand Prize of Grand Theft Auto V gear including the rare GTAV Varsity Jacket as seen below. It's definitely one of the more on-the-money ways to ward off those winter chills. Five runners-up will get Grand Theft Auto V Prize Packs consisting of official GTAV t-shirts, stickers and more. You can enter to win all weekend from Friday December 20th through Sunday December 22nd at http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/events. See Official Rules.

I don't care.

My reward for being sniped by people with triple digit ranks is someone gifted me $186million.

I was going to bed, but now that I've read that the money might be taken away, I'm going to start buying stuff instead.