DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Haven't played in a while (been on vacation) but the creator is up for deathmatches and races along with new capture the "flag" modes.

Heists and single player DLC due sometime next year.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51970/free-gta-online-deathmatch-race-creators-update-now-available.html

Also some pics have been leaked hinting at possible North Yankton DLC for GTA O

0_0.jpg

Two guys traveling together and me were the only ones in a server this afternoon, and I think the final kill total was Them 32, Me 4. I did manage to blow up one guy's Entity XF. One of them kept leaving me taunting voice messages talking about how they were "smoking me like kush." I should've bailed long before I did, but I was hoping to turn the tide.

It's kinda hard to kill two guys in a car when both of them are firing on you at the same time. 

And I did bike in a big loop starting at Del Perro and going through Sandy Shores and back into Los Santos, taking highways the entire time. There were only five or so people in the room at the time and no one bothered to mess with me. I figured I'd get run over by a NPC car, but only one car pulled out in front of me the whole time.

Oh, I thought when you said "shoreline" you meant the beach.

I considered that, especially since I thought I'd run into more grief (as if I wouldn't run into grief at the beach), but I knew there were problems with the rocky shoreline.

I race some doofus' home-built race course yesterday (anyone doing the user-created missions for funsies yet?) and he had one patch where you went into water deep enough to cause the car to die and have to start over again a ways back. People got past it somehow, but I haven't the slightest idea how. I just tried and tried until I ran out of time.

The only thing I'd like to be able to build are more survival missions, but alas.

I found some hippie commune area. Couldn't really tell you where I was or how I got there, but I found it. They had painted the whole area for what looked like a welcome party for aliens. Anyway, another online player shows up and for the first time ever this person didn't immediately begin shooting at me. While we were able to coexist without bullets being fired, I will admit that the whole thing was very uncomfortable - like being near a coiled rattlesnake. When he started shooting the hippies I took that as my cue to go.

Of course, I left that serene scene and immediately end up in A-hole central, as I have two separate people kill me consecutively (I was in a cab getting a ride too!). I never kill other players online, unless they start shooting at me first. Then, if they do kill me, I abide by the WWE 50/50 booking policy, and immediately try to get my win back.

I spawned right near the second guy and proceed to kill him four consecutive times (my favorite being when I got him again while he was trying to escape in a small plane). I then tracked down the first guy who was a level-62 with a sniper rifle. At this point I'm a 14, so I was extremely annoyed. I got him back, but then was immediately picked off by his level-16 toadie. So now I've got two jerks shooting at me, and my POS machine gun is running low on ammo. They both took turns killing me multiple times, before I was *finally* able to kill both of them at nearly the same time - after I stealth'd into some bushes and their car drove right in my direction.

By this point I'm out of machine gun ammo and in the mountains, so I make a break for the only gun store within a close proximity - in just about the slowest POS car ever. I have a 1-star wanted level for killing both of them, which I lose just as I'm within blocks of the gun store. The two idiots are just about to run me over when I fire my handgun at a cop and start running toward the police car. Instead of stopping, these idiots just keep driving right at me - so I jump and get clipped, and they crush the cop that had just gotten out of his car to shoot me. This sets off a whole sh*tshow with the police, and I then was able take cover *right next to one of the officers that just came to the area to get me*, as their cop-killing completely wiped my wanted level. So I have a front row seat as the cops mow both of them down in short order.

This game is a lot more fun when you're not completely terrible at it.

Wait, is there a speedometer now?

I think it's just a stat in the menu. One of them tells you the fastest you've ever driven.

Speaking of, what were you driving to go that fast J.T.? The fastest I've managed is 140-something.

Yeah, it's just a stat in the Vehicles section of the Pause menu.

It was in story mode and I had Franklin driving a stolen Feltzer I grabbed on the spot in order to get away from the cops after I hit a Grouppe 6 Security Van.

e3m8.jpg

I think his Special ability allows you to throw a car into overdrive or something once it is at max. 

I have pulled over 180 in Franklin's Buffalo after engine and transmission mods during Special mode while auto racing. 

I'm a little pissed off now.  After modding my Buffalo to the moon winning the last auto race by miles, Hao has now sent me a text challenging me to a motorcycle race in the Vespucci Canal. 

Pussy.

Time to steal or buy a Bati 800RR.  There is no way I will win a race in that fucking Bagger.

I've done a few user created missions now - there's one guy who made a Deathmatch at the Sawmill that was a lot of fun (the guys on the other team didn't realise I could drop off the ledge and shoot under the piles of longs, y'see). The other ones were made by my mates, and... Havoc's Deathmatch is pretty stupid, and his race is just awful (16 mile laps, checkpoints over a mile apart). GKeys' race is pretty good, up until the stupid ending. Although we did discover that if you're doing a Team GTA race, and you die three times, you spawn on different vehicles, but it only needs one of you to go through each checkpoint. So putting them miles apart can work against the team that's dominating the killing aspect.

I'm going to make a deathmatch. Later.

I've noticed a lot of people making races that are 200 miles long. I don't have the attention span for it, this isn't NASCAR. I've also noticed quite a few people making missions and putting the descriptions in Spanish. I'm like "?"

Some guy attacked me and a buddy last night unprovoked and my buddy's all like "screw him, let's go do some parachuting," and I'm like "SCREW PARACHUTING, I WANT MY POUND OF FLESH!"

• Like 1

I've noticed a lot of people making races that are 200 miles long. I don't have the attention span for it, this isn't NASCAR. I've also noticed quite a few people making missions and putting the descriptions in Spanish. I'm like "?"

There's tons of Spanish speking people on the game and they tend to play with other Spanish speaking people, not really surprising that they would put the description en espanol.

The long races are probably because longer races give bigger payouts and if you are grinding, it is easier/faster to do one long race versus a bunch of shorter ones where you have to wait for the loading/matchmaking every time a new one starts.

There's tons of Spanish speking people on the game and they tend to play with other Spanish speaking people, not really surprising that they would put the description en espanol.

The long races are probably because longer races give bigger payouts and if you are grinding, it is easier/faster to do one long race versus a bunch of shorter ones where you have to wait for the loading/matchmaking every time a new one starts.

I don't mind that they're in Spanish, I just have no clue what the mission's deal is. I just think it's funny.

And I haven't completed one yet - I thought the user-created races were only paying out in RP and not money. I can definitely see the edge of doing a longer race if there's a payout based on race length.

I took my Xbox over to a friend's house tonight - (in Butt-head voice) his hard drive's too small - and it was greatly amusing watching him run around online punching every poor sap walking the streets of Los Santos, taking their $10 or $20, and then having to run from the cops. He'd elude the cops, start punching people again, then run from the cops again.

He walked up to a group of five dudes in the absolute middle of the 'hood and punched one of them. I thought "this isn't gonna end well," and sure enough, he had four of them shooting at him at once while I laughed my ass off. That and the time where he was running from the cops in a car at the airport and I thought "should I tell him that the fence he's heading toward at full speed isn't gonna give? Nah, he'll figure it out for himself in just a second."

I've made a race, it's called Hill Hilarity. Starts at the docks, and goes for just over 3 miles. It's really good. I've made a Deathmatch too, Riot City Rumble, which has a great location (full of ladders and stuff) but the weapon placement isn't too good yet and I need to do it with a load of guys, not just two or three.

Then I showed my son that I'd made one, and he insisted on making one as well. His is crazy.

I made an adventure course race. I didn't save it, I was just playing around with it and when I tested it, it seemed like a really neat idea. I put checkpoints all over the place, on hills, in shallow water, you name it. You had to actually GET to the checkpoints, not drive up a hill to them, but actually drive around looking for a way to get to them. Then I realised someone else could do it much better and gave up.