DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Have you guys heard of this, and if so, how is it possible? I was in my garage on GTA 5 Online last night when a message popped up that said some of the other players on the server were voting to ban me for bad behavior, and if I didn't straighten up my act, I'd be booted off.

How do you do that? I looked all over for a feature like that for other players (to see how it's done) and couldn't find it. And it's weird - all I had done in the game at that point was drive to a Los Santos Customs, steal a nearby NPC's car, sell it, and go back to my garage. The only player I recognized that I'd had a run-in with before left quite a bit before my warning popped up.

I'm wearing out my welcome in Los Santos.

It's a feature they've put in that can only be used against you. Sorry.

• Like 1

All Arms Trafficking missions are now complete.   The carpet bombing mission kinda sucked, but after a couple of tries I got the hang of it.  You're in no real danger of being shot down, so just fly low, line yourself up with the targets, and start delivering your payload when you are above the first red enemy marker.

The last land arms trafficking mission was bullshit.  One of the gunners in the pursuit chopper has a sniper rifle and if you stand still for more than a couple of seconds while trying to return fire, he will score a headshot and kill you instantly. 

Lucky for me I had an RPG from my shootout at the Altruist compound.

Franklin can now do Lester's assassination jobs.  I know I have to perform the hotel hit before I can finish the main plot tree, but I am not going to do the rest of Lester's hits until after I beat the main storyline missions.

The only business I am going to purchase before doing the assassinations (provided that I have the money) are the ones I can get achievements for doing side missions like McKenzie Airfield and Downtown Cab.  I'll buy the others when I am swimming in cash after the assassinations.

I think that Trevor's next mission is scouting out the port for the Merryweather job, so it looks like I am going to be Michael for a bit and double back to prep for the Merryweather heist.

Amanda sleeps with her tennis coach -> I send Michael to the Vanilla Unicorn to pick up Sapphire.  Tanisha gives Franklin static -> I send him to the Vanilla Unicorn to pick up Nikki.  I am beginning to notice a pattern.   Trevor has found his soulmate in insanity with Ursula, so he is solid in the booty call department.

We've also voted to ban you here unless you start being nicer to us

I'm terribly sorry, sir. Bring you a cold beverage, sir?

I think he's offering you a beer... you know what happens if you don't accept.

Or if you do...

KICK, WHAM, STUNNER!

"OH HELL YEAH!"

Tonight was a hoot. I sat out last night to try to not get into any run-ins with anybody, and I actually succeeded. Tonight, I get into the game and notice there's a crew member there, Jones7986, and he's in a tangle with a couple of other players, so I threw myself into that fray. We kept getting separated - he'd chase someone over there, I'd get tangled up with someone over here, and I'd look up and we'd be blocks apart. Head back his way, tangle with more folks, get separated again.

This was the first night taking on other players where I completely held my own throughout - one guy could only shoot me when he spawned near me. I kept killing people and then RPGing their cars, much to the consternation of the game. Hey, if they're shooting at me, I feel like I'm entitled to make it as hard on them as I can, and that involves taking out their ride. One poor sap trying to collect a bounty got shot four times and his truck blown up for his trouble before he finally got me 'cause I'd let my guard down.

Are you ever going to play GTA Online again?  I need to get my online dude into some shenanigans once I am back on normal hours next Thursday.  I will be on leave starting the 18th and I'll be on vacation until January 6th.

Today's ninety minutes of gameplay was all about Franklin since he only has about 20% of my gameplay.

I pulled off the Hotel Assassination without a hitch.   I chose to use a suppressed Sniper Rifle which apparently was a good decision.  I scored a headshot on the target and his bodyguards had no idea where the bullet came from.  While they were looking around in panic, I took the rear exit from the car park and leisurely walked away from the area.

I invested nearly all of Franklin, Trevor, and Michael's money in Betta before the hit, so they should get a respectable windfall after the stock peaks.  I'll wait until after the endgame story mission to do the other assassinations for Lester.

I am pissed that Franklin has no access to Tennis.   It is taking forever to build up his Strength by getting into fistfights and playing Golf and Darts and I am trying to avoid driving to Grapeseed and hitting cows with my golf club.

Speaking of golf clubs, I nearly scored my first Eagle today on Hole #1.  Still only managed a -2 by the end of the match, though.  I still fall apart during birdie putts.  One of my Random Events had Franklin give some dude named Castro Legano a ride to the Links and he turned out to be one of the Hard difficulty opponants. 

I am probably going to have to do better than -2 to beat that guy.

i wanted to get some time in today, but 5 hours in the car today to go 35-ish miles wiped me out, since i have to drive to NYC monday afternoon.

We are shut down Xmas week and 3 days before new Years, so I imagine I will be readily available for online play

i wanted to get some time in today, but 5 hours in the car today to go 35-ish miles wiped me out, since i have to drive to NYC monday afternoon.

We are shut down Xmas week and 3 days before new Years, so I imagine I will be readily available for online play

I am sure some of my skills have degraded to shit by now.  We will have to work in the closing round of sport into the activity rotation after committing several crimes and running a few races.  I know I suck at golf, so I don't mind the miniscule yet free RP and Strength boosts in exchange for losing miserably.

I'm going to have Franklin track down those Spaceship Parts, too.  Not looking forward to spending five or six actual hours looking for them.

When they activate heists, my man.

Holy shit, we could be pushing towards Rank 100 between now and then.

It's just soooo boring right now.

I find your lack of OCD disturbing.  You got ADD or something?

i decided to jump on long enough to get my daily Los Santos $ while watching CMLL

and when it went back to story mode, ROn was telling Michael about this book he had but all the pages blew away.

Was he talking about the pages you have to collect, for the Black Dahlia-esque story?

I don't think so. 

From what I've heard, the Letter Scraps become available for collection the first time you visit the Leonora Johnson website or watch The Underbelly of Paradise on television and see the segment on Leonora Johnson's unsolved murder.

I was a bit disappointed with the aftermath.  I was sorta hoping that Michael being all about Classic Vinewood would be the one to avenge Leonora but no matter who collects the letter pieces,  Franklin is the one who goes to exact vigilante justice.

Sometime, I am going to have to listen to Ron's radio show all the way through. Bless Your Heart and Beyond Insemination on BCR are two of the funniest goddamn things in the game. 

I won the Highway street race with Franklin and now Hao is sending me invites to underground motorcycle races.  *sigh* now I have to steal and mod a high end motorcycle because I am sure that fucking green Bagger won't handle for shit in a real race even if it is modded to the moon. 

As if this game didn't have enough money sinks..

I found the first one by accident when i was just exploring the map early in the game. I think it was up north in one of the cable car buildings. I didn't even know what it was for yet. :>

--

did they take away the option of getting your tattoos removed? I got my chick the tattoo achievement (one on each body part) and now I didn't see a way to take them off. I did that before.

I found the first one by accident when i was just exploring the map early in the game. I think it was up north in one of the cable car buildings. I didn't even know what it was for yet. :>

--

did they take away the option of getting your tattoos removed? I got my chick the tattoo achievement (one on each body part) and now I didn't see a way to take them off. I did that before.

GTA Wikia has a good map of their locations.  You'll have to cheat to find them all because there are a couple that you'd never find by normal exploration. 

The game is good enough to give you a sound effect to listen for just like the seagull caw in GTA 4 when you were close to a "flying roach."  If you hear a sound like paper blowing in the wind, you know you are near a letter scrap.

Tattoo removal is still available.  Chose the same tattoo as the one you have on when you are at the parlor and the artist will remove it.

All of my guys have max stamina and I have yet to compete in a triathalon.  WTF is wrong with me?   There is too much side shit to do in this game.

Got my Combat MG up to 200 kills, so it's green now. Next stop, 400 for orange - also I'm close to level 110, so when I get that 120 I can make a serious run at Industrial Plant and Old Sawmill survivals. Also, because I'm reinventing my character as a deahmatch badass, I gave her a Goth Ninja makeover. All in black now - the pink/white/silver look is gone for a bit.

Did a time limit deathmatch, 20 minutes, no kill limit. It ended 35-35. My team lost... I have no idea why. Higher total levels or something?

Had some fun with a Tankie last night - he was really determined to kill me, but I was running around this house and he couldn't get near me. Then Cristobal blew his tank up, killed him a good 11 or 12 times (I got a couple in there as well), and then the idiot gets another tank, Cris' blows up so he goes and stands in a plaza raised plaza where the tank can't get him. So the idiot griefer with a tank FAILED!

They need to put the price of Tank deliveries up though. If it was £5000 instead of $200, people might be less blase about using them over and over again - I mean, they aren't actually fun or anything. Tank deathmatches are boring as all hell.

Got a Custom Vehicle in every class except Super. Shame nobody races anymore.

I've got a custom vehicle in every class, all painted the same color, and I can't remember the last time I raced. They still look great in the garage.

I'm considering starting a second character so I can buy another garage so I can get a few more vehicles to putter around town in. I really want the scooter, and am insanely jealous of RUkered for having one.

I had the awesomest game last night - a guy in my server messages me because we have the same last name, then I accidentally send him a friend request as part of some moronic button-pushing, and we spent the evening just getting into dumb trouble. We stole one of the troop transports and went around town to all the players we could find on the map and honked the horn for them to get in - we had six in the troop transport and at least four in a cargobob at one point.

We then led a probably seven- or eight-player assault on Fort Zancudo where people would make it inside, get shot, spawn back outside, get a vehicle, load up with four people inside the vehicle, get back inside the Fort, etc. I was briefly in a tank just blowing everything around me to smithereenies but couldn't figure out how to drive the damn thing. 

It was fun because everyone was actually getting along instead of constantly trying to kill each other. Between that and the guy teaching me a great place to stay during the Industrial Plant survival, it was fantastic. 

I went ahead and started a second character a few days ago, after I got my main one to 120 and made enough money for my tank access.  The tank is a pain in the ass to drive, but it did allow me to finally get through Death from Above.  I'll probably barely ever use it, but I wanted one anyway.

Went with a horrifically ugly female for the second one.  Finding it slow going leveling up this time without the crutch of easy RP from racing.  Took me about a week to open up the first mission from Martin.

I've got a custom vehicle in every class, all painted the same color, and I can't remember the last time I raced. They still look great in the garage.

Is racing pretty much dead at this point?  I've barely raced at all since they changed the rewards a few weeks back.  The change has actually made the game more fun for me, since I've been doing more missions, but it would be fun to still find people racing now and again.