DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

That makes sense. It just seems like there's a ton of enemies while you're trying to perform the 25-minute sequence to hack into the garage, and then the second wave shows up and makes the first wave look like a walk in the park. I dunno if I was in the wrong place, but I simply could not find any cover.

Won't some enemies not show up until you get in the vehicles and start driving toward the destination? 

Ha!  This was with me.  The first time I did hole 8 I got a quadruple bogey.  It's taken me a lot of rounds to get decent at it.

Next time I get together with a crew member, I really need to not be the one driving around.  I almost killed us a few too many times.

I was afraid that was the case. I come in here crowing about shooting a -4, you responded to it, and then the next golf game was my worst one yet outside of the first time I played. Unless I'm forgetting something, that's the first time I've had an unplayable lie. I just could not compensate for the sideways wind. Nonetheless, it was really fun because there was some back-and-forth to it.

And in line with what jstout said - never apologize to me for driving. You drive better than I do, because I'm the idiot who risks a team life to cut through the mountains or plow a truck/trailer through 19 fences just to shave off 4 seconds.

For example, I'm sure I absolutely pissed off some random players the other day because I caused us to fail a mission. It was the one where you have to steal a trailer from the Lost. We killed mostly everybody, and I got impatient and took the trailer even though the Lost was still riding up. I ended up plowing into their motorcycles in the road, which I dragged along for a quarter mile until they exploded, thus destroying the truck. Actually, I know I pissed them off because, on the restart, one guy blew the horn on his bike wanting me to get on with him. He never let off the gas and plowed us both smack into the middle of the Lost vans. We got shot down before we had the chance to even stand up, and I laughed my head off.

I've said it here before, but anytime I'm in a mission with jstout and he waits on me, I'm hopping on the back of the bike. It's half the fun of doing the mission. Bike shenanigans, I tell you.

• Like 1

Yes, but you just park and get to coveer.

What I do is simply get in the vehicle and get out.  It'll trigger the reinforcements to come.

IIRC in that mission there are a couple of dumpsters close by that you can use.  The hacking doesn't take long at all once you know what you are doing, but it is not explained well and can be confusing.

Some discounts for this weekend:

Holiday Weekend Discounts in GTA Online: Turkey Shoot & Black Friday Sale

actual_1385498472.jpg

After you've recovered from gatherings with dysfunctional family members, participating in unplanned scuffles in department stores over drastically discounted kitchen appliances and engaging in wanton acts of mass poultry consumption, sneak back to Los Santos where a host of GTA Online items will be discounted this holiday weekend.

Turkey Shoot 
Targeting your elusive bounty for the holiday table shouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

• 50% Off “Hunting” Rifles: Assault Rifle, Carbine Rifle, Advanced Rifle, Heavy Sniper, Sniper Rifle
  • 50% Off All Rifle Attachments 
  • 50% Off All Rifle Ammo

Black Friday Sale 
Color-coded Discounts are the new black this season.

• 50% Off Select Black Colored Clothing & Accessories, including: jewelry, ties, shirts, vests, jeans, pants, board shorts, dresses, skirts, chinos, shoes, flip-flops, cargo pants, t-shirts, tracksuits, tank tops, hoodies, polo shirts, skate shoes, oxfords, boots, masks, ear defenders, hats, beanies, bandanas, helmets, glasses and much more.
  • 50% Off Select Black Colored Vehicle Modifications: window tinting, black tire smoke, black license plates

Grab these specially discounted items in GTA Online beginning on Thursday, November 28th and all throughout the holiday weekend until the end of day on December 1st. 

So, I am once again rolling with Trevor's storyline missions during the off occasions when I get time to play (Yama Sakura 65 is killig me right now). This begs the big question.

So, who should and shouldn't I take to the Altruists Cult?

So far I've taken:

1. The girl you "rescue" from the Lost only to find out that the reason they're after her is because she's stolen money from her uncles who are members of the club. (very cathartic double cross on my part)

2. The horny drunk couple in Sandy Shores (I actually felt bad after doing this).

I thought the Stun Gun was a must for the Bail Jumper missions but I have done three and have secured guys by going into Free Aim and putting a round in their leg if they run away.  I actually trivialized the second bounty mission with a well thrown Tear Gas grenade.

I tried to wait until the Minute Men missions and getting a Stun Gun before going to Marge's trailer and getting the bounty missions, but I splurged on upgrades for Trevor's Bodhi and needed cash to buy McKenzie Airfield.

Also, in that mission where you take Cheng Jr. to your meth lab and have a shootout with the Aztecas, I finally noticed that after Cheng Jr. changes your radio station from Channel X to Soulwax, he starts rave dancing in the front seat of your vehicle.

Rockstar must really want you to lose your mind trying to get Gold medals in story missions. 

i discovered that In order to meet the 32 Azteca Body Count dealie for Gold completion, you have to kill at least one of the gang members fleeing in the sports cars.

I don't think I will ever complete Mr. Phillips and get a Gold medal because of the obscene number of headshots you have to get and because the Lost seem to be able to turn invisible when they flee which keeps me from meeting the No Survivors criteria.

Since I am the world's worst GTA pilot, I don't think I'll ever get the "fly under six bridges" thing in Nervous Ron.

Ah yes, the fleeing survivors. They where the bane of my existence. I noticed they started to flee when you blow up that one trailer. Hang back and pick them off one by one. The few remaining ones can be run over (or headshotted to be sure you fit the gold criteria).

As for the meth lab one, I did fairly well on the first try by killing all but one (the sports car one). Second try I blew him up with the grenade launcher.

I've said it here before, but anytime I'm in a mission with jstout and he waits on me, I'm hopping on the back of the bike. It's half the fun of doing the mission. Bike shenanigans, I tell you.

Always glad to be able to help a fellow crew member die before their time. I took my Pegassi Monroe out for a joyride a few minutes ago and it was like Mr. Magoo was out for a drive - several pedestrians died tragic deaths before Thanksgiving. I returned the car to the garage blood-stained and hoodless.

Do you guys ever talk to your avatar like you're a mom talking to a kid? "Get back on the bike, honey..."

Day off + avoiding black friday = quality GTA time.

Did the "five gang attacks in a day" thing. I did not realize that the gang attacks were only active certain times every 24 hours. I admittedly found a map online show when they were active. I think all five i did were ones i had beaten before (by the entry to the docks, the construction site near my apartment, under thr pier, near the ammu-nation by Simeon's and one at the beach.)

Also done all the parachute jumps.

In the game, did Franklin's last assassination (top of the building with the helicopter) and two of the triathlon missions.

That was a fun mission.  I tried doing it stealthy, but I suck at stealth and got detected early on, so I just said to hell with it and creamed everyone with the grenade and racket launchers.

If you used Lester's stock tips before the assassination missions, you can get about $1.5 billion.  Really wish there was a way to transfer money to your online character.

I actually failed it the first time, because it said "get to the top of the building", so i drove off to get a helicopter and got dinged.

I did it okay the second time, because i sniped a lot of guys on the ground floor. And used the grenade launcher on the target in the copter and the the guys on the cranes.

Yes, that will happen a lot, especially in a public server. Try going into a private or crew one and do stuff like selling cars to Los Santos Customs and Simeon and robbing stores until you gave enough cash (around $25k) to buy a garage - that way you will at least have a safe haven in the city. Also make sure to join the crew so you can get the free Elegy and sawed off shotgun.

Spend a while modding my new Dune Buggy.

Also died doing the "robbing the weed farm" and i heard it takes a week in game time for it to respawn.

Dumb move of the weekend

Stole a speed boat as michael. Drove all the way from paleto bay to the marina only to find i couldnt buy a slot at the marina, since i was banned from the city. And michaels goons were shooting at me while i tried to buy the slot. Oh well.

I'm not sure how to do a private game session... I spent 3 hrs last night, most of which was driving around and dying.  I was able to get a sawed off shotgun at Ammunation, not sure if I paid for it or not, it was really late and I didn't get off work till 11 pm, so, I mean...idk wtf I was doing.  I was able to join the dvdr :-) crew, I remember that.

I'm not sure how to do a private game session... I spent 3 hrs last night, most of which was driving around and dying.  I was able to get a sawed off shotgun at Ammunation, not sure if I paid for it or not, it was really late and I didn't get off work till 11 pm, so, I mean...idk wtf I was doing.  I was able to join the dvdr :-) crew, I remember that.

When you go to online mode from story mode, choose "invite only" or "solo session." The former means you will be alone unless you invite someone to your session and the latter means you will be alone period.

• Like 1