DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

So, it's a bunker, but people can dance in it.

But GAY TONY~ is back!

(Quick addendum:  If the trailer isn't misdirecting... it *looks* like they're centralizing your endeavors so you can restock your warehouses, garages, and bunkers, all from the club.  If so, that's a very, very welcome addition.)

• Like 2

Stuff i noticed:

Ok, so I guess I get t buy a fourth bunker now.  And another garage.

Looks like a bunch of money sinks, as you'd expect.  

Can't wait to blow up my first Hummer limo.

If the blimp is available in freemode, it better be possible to shoot it down.

I'm down to about 65-70 million including bonds.  I figure this will clear that out pretty much.  That's fine since it'll be Red Dead time soon.

Other stuff:

At least I should be able to finish my weapons research unlocks before this hits.  I only have two left to do, and the last one will be a paintjob, so I won't bother with it.  My guys are working on the explosive sniper rounds now

Last time I got on there was a Stand Your Ground on Grove Street that turned into a massive free for all.  After that ended I was looking for a place to hide out for a few minutes, decided to make a break for it, and headed across town to one of my apartments.  It didn't even occur to me that I'd been standing in the parking lot of my CEO vehicle garage.  It's been so long since I've been in there, I forgot it existed.

Nothing quite like picking up a bounty, having a CEO org of four roll up to claim it, killing em all repeatedly without dying, and then watching em all run off and hide.  Sometimes I don't suck at this game.

I've got friend requests from people I've been killing the last three times I've been on.  I feel like a stand in mayor.  Maybe assistant mayor.?  Mayor pro tem?  City manager?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/19/2018 at 12:34 PM, Robert C said:
On 7/19/2018 at 12:34 PM, Robert C said:

Can't wait to blow up my first Hummer limo.

I speak fluent Robert, so I'll translate for those of you who do not.

"I cannot wait to steal some poor sap's Hummer limo and then drive it up his ass with six sticky bombs strapped to the hood."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, RUkered said:

I speak fluent Robert, so I'll translate for those of you who do not.

"I cannot wait to steal some poor sap's Hummer limo and then drive it up his ass with six sticky bombs strapped to the hood."

I would never do that.

You can't put more than 5 stickies on a car at a time.

• Haha 2

I used to regularly go "WHAT IN THE FUCK IS THAT? ... Oh, never mind, it's just Robert."

My favorite, for some reason, was this speeding 18 wheeler going the wrong way down probably the busiest road in the game. I barely escaped getting splatted just in time to hear the boom. "Oh, Robert, that explains it."

There was one where I managed to chase down some dude, but in the process I completely mowed down Robert. He was completely perfectly under my car when the explosion went off. Crew-on-crew violence.

• Like 3

On 7/20/2018 at 6:24 PM, jstout said:

I used to regularly go "WHAT IN THE FUCK IS THAT? ... Oh, never mind, it's just Robert."

My favorite, for some reason, was this speeding 18 wheeler going the wrong way down probably the busiest road in the game. I barely escaped getting splatted just in time to hear the boom. "Oh, Robert, that explains it."

There was one where I managed to chase down some dude, but in the process I completely mowed down Robert. He was completely perfectly under my car when the explosion went off. Crew-on-crew violence.

That seems to be our motto every time.

*BOOOOOOOM* "Oh shit dude! Did I get you? I'm sorry."

"Did you get the dot? Then I don't give a fuck."

That is, if we're not already laughing so hard we can't even speak.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Stuff from the reddit thread:

Clubs are in the $1.3-1.6M range.   And yes, this is now your hub of operations.  

Have to hire all the staff for the club through recruiting missions.  Biggest grind seems to be promotion missions.  

You apparently are able to hire staffers to do your other businesses' resupply missions~~~

So far, people are reporting you can do these missions while in an invite only lobby too.  

I got on at lunch long enough to see that the update had downloaded.  Really surprised at prices of things so far.  Definitely less than I expected from GTA.  Maybe upgrades are ridiculously expensive.  They've gotta get those shark card sales somewhere.

Looked up the vehicles that are coming after this initial release, and holy shit they're adding an A-10?!?!   I mean I want one and all, but that's the last thing this game needs.

At this point, might as well go whole hog and add an AC-130.

Some mid level CEO guy targeted me me while I was doing a rather annoying fetch mission for Tony.  Before he tried that he should have asked himself "am I even moderately competent at combat in GTA?"  It was the same setup where melraz killed that guy about 50 times in a row.  Except I wasn't shooting well, even for me.  So I only killed him eleven times in a row before he left the session.  Pretty sure he was the only guy I killed the whole time I was on.

I like the way the nightclub drives all your other businesses.  I've only got three businesses - didn't ever do the lower paying stuff for the biker gangs - so I have all 3 running at once.  Might have to set up some other biker stuff for the higher paying deliveries.

Spent about $10 million, though a lot of that was unnecessary.  Mostly on the nightclub, though I did buy one new car, and I did a bunch of upgrades to the delivery van.  I bought the most expensive nightclub, just based on location.  That was probably a mistake, since everybody else seems to have done the same thing, so there's always a crowd there.

On 7/24/2018 at 2:48 PM, Robert C said:

Looked up the vehicles that are coming after this initial release, and holy shit they're adding an A-10?!?!   I mean I want one and all, but that's the last thing this game needs.

At this point, might as well go whole hog and add an AC-130.

Yeah, digging the A-10. It better have the BRRRRRRRRTTT.

For reference, here’s whats coming out...

https://gtaforums.com/topic/912852-the-after-hours-complete-dripfeed-database-including-vehicles-and-more/

Oh, missing in that thread (for some reason), is that we will have access to drone strikes at some point. ...yeah.

Anyways, I like this update a lot. Nothing really I can add other than I’m enjoying it quite a bit. 

Saying it, looks and sounds ridiculous, but when you’re in a lobby with a bunch of friends and you’re just stupidly dancing is very entertaining. 

Two things of note: when you open your club, make the entrance fee $100 and set the “whoever can enter” thingy to “everyone”. Waste randoms money when they curiously walk in because they’re broke. Also, everyone should try multiple shots of Macbeth Whisky. 3/4 of the time you’ll wake up in a stupor in some random goddamn place. It’s great. 

5 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Also, everyone should try multiple shots of Macbeth Whisky. 3/4 of the time you’ll wake up in a stupor in some random goddamn place. It’s great. 

I found that right before the last time I logged off.  Only takes me one shot.  I'm a lightweight apparently.  So far I've woken up on the floor of my garage, on the shitter in the club bathroom, in a fountain by the FIB building, and underneath the pier.  It's like a video game simulation of me at 17.

Got a promotion mission using the blimp last time.  When I finished it up, I did a little experimenting.  Turns out it is possible to put sticky bombs one one.  So now I know what my mission is once they come up for sale.

10 hours ago, Robert C said:

I found that right before the last time I logged off.  Only takes me one shot.  I'm a lightweight apparently.  So far I've woken up on the floor of my garage, on the shitter in the club bathroom, in a fountain by the FIB building, and underneath the pier.  It's like a video game simulation of me at 17.

Got a promotion mission using the blimp last time.  When I finished it up, I did a little experimenting.  Turns out it is possible to put sticky bombs one one.  So now I know what my mission is once they come up for sale.

You are SO gonna strap dynamite to a horse's ass in Red Dead 2.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2018 at 11:25 AM, Robert C said:

Well, mission accomplished I guess, though it was kind of accidental.  Got the guy's stupid jet bike too.

Other stuff:

Now working on platinum drunkenness.  I've woken up on top of a billboard and in a hedge maze.  

Product is building up nicely.  I'm liking having this stuff stockpile while I wander around doing stupid shit if freemode.

Promotion missions are getting real repetitive, real quick.  Figure I'm about done with messing with those.

Business battles are fun so far.  They periodically turn into scrums like crates used to.  Sorry to ol' Spider Monkey who got so butthurt after I took stuff away from him.  He tried an airstrike on me.  I'd forgotten those even existed.

Bad Andrew needs to figure out when to let things go.  If somebody is up 20-1 one you, and somebody else puts a bounty on them, it's probably not a good idea to follow them out to the beach and try to claim that bounty.

Last time out I got bored and decided to do one of those freefall challenges.  Got my helicopter up pretty high and jumped out over the swamps south of Zancudo.  About the time I pulled the chute, I noticed a bounty near the bridge over the swamps.  Managed to land without getting shot and located the bounty down in the swamps.  I was watching him through the thermal scope and about to take a shoy when the whole screen lit up orange, and he disappeared.  I figured crap, the Lazer I'd seen nearby took him out.  Then I noticed I got credit for the kill.  Realized the chopper I'd bailed out of landed on him.  He got butthurt, as if I'd somehow done that intentionally, so I had to take him out a few more times.  Last time he hid behind a van and ate an RPG.  Van turned out to be carrying somebody else's weapons delivery.  Then that guy got butthurt.  Then he died a bunch.  Plus I won the freefall challenge.  Shit like that's why I'm still playing this dumb game nearly 5 years on.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, RUkered said:

This sounds like the most eepic night of GTA ever.

Like many of the best things in life, GTA isn't eepic if you're by yourself.

If y'all had been on, you might have heard me laughing at the helicopter thing without the headset.  Hell, Herby might've.

Last night was all about the whiny texts.  Best ones were from the guy who claimed he was kicking my ass.  Officially, he was down 6-2.

Using my unofficial GTA tryhard sliding scale of patheticness, his score looks like this

Original kill total: 2

Whiny texts (-5 kills each):  3 (-15)

Easy Way Out (-10 kills each): 2 (-20)

Ghost Org (-5 kills each): 1 (-5)

Off Radar (-3 kills each):  1(-3)

RPG spamming:  -10

DeLorean/Jetbike usage to locate sniping spots:  -5

GTA tryhard sliding scale of patheticness total:  -56 kills

Not his best night, probably.