DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

What's this Weekend event that I spawned into? It seems to just be a city-wide deathmatch, with your house and personal vehicles off the match. I think there's a new Playlist too (does anyone do playlists? I never have. It might be a good way to grind without it getting monotonous. One guy was saying that now they've killed races and re-doing phone missions, people will be grinding survivals... there was one guy who joined our party and then stood behind a bus not moving for 90% of the thing, and he still got his $20,000. We were trying to friendly fire him, but it didn't work. We could have just all died, then kicked him on the replay, but pride is a terrible thing.

It's the "Vespucci Beach Party" as per their Facebook page.  There are special crate drops with double RP, better weapons, more cash, and clothes.  They will drop no matter what your level is.

I've never done playlists.  The official Rockstar ones don't interest me as I barely play deathmatches and I've played LTS maybe two times.

There are also vanity plates up for grabs:

We’ve reserved 20 special and unique vanity license plates to award top performers in the Event Playlist Leaderboard for each Job across both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. By the end of day Monday November 25th, we’ll award the following plates to the 20 people who achieve the below (plates will be added to your collection in your iFruit app).

VESPUCCI (360), AMPED UP (PS3)
View of Vespucci - player with the max score who made the quickest descent
SURFS UP (360), UP CREEK (PS3)
Up the Creek – player with the best overall time
SEAMAN (360), POINTBRK (PS3)
Water Rings – player with the best single lap time
HANGFIVE (360), HANGTEN (PS3)
Vespucci Beachfront – player with the most kills
SUP BRO (360), SUP BRA (PS3)
Grass Route II – player with the best overall time
SUNDAED (360), CRUISING (PS3)
Sundae Driving – player with the best single lap time
WIPEOUT (360), SURFSUP (PS3)
Procopio Beach – player with the best KDR
BIGSURF (360),GOCOASTL (PS3)
Gone Coastal – player with the best overall time
SURFINLS (360), TURNTIDE (PS3)
Turn the Tide – player with the best overall time
THECOVE (360), LSSURFER (PS3)
The Cove – player with the max score who made the quickest descent

What's this Weekend event that I spawned into? It seems to just be a city-wide deathmatch, with your house and personal vehicles off the match. I think there's a new Playlist too (does anyone do playlists? I never have. It might be a good way to grind without it getting monotonous. One guy was saying that now they've killed races and re-doing phone missions, people will be grinding survivals... there was one guy who joined our party and then stood behind a bus not moving for 90% of the thing, and he still got his $20,000. We were trying to friendly fire him, but it didn't work. We could have just all died, then kicked him on the replay, but pride is a terrible thing.

It's the "Vespucci Beach Party" as per their Facebook page.  There are special crate drops with double RP, better weapons, more cash, and clothes.  They will drop no matter what your level is.

I've never done playlists.  The official Rockstar ones don't interest me as I barely play deathmatches and I've played LTS maybe two times.

I made a playlist a couple weeks ago that i think is supposed to show up for Crew members.

A screen tonight said they were having problems with the Vespucci Beach Party playlist and it was off the table.

At one point Friday night, it kept dropping crates in the exact same spot every time - actually, I never saw a crate actually land - but the green circle kept popping up in the same spot. The place was thick with people and it was getting kinda absurd.

Glitch check: I love running around and getting cars for Simeon, but:

A. He hardly ever gives me a list of vehicles to look for.

B. The game NEVER tells me anymore that he's looking for a certain import/export vehicle - either a box will pop up that says he no longer wants the car that I didn't know he wanted or a box will pop up (and it stayed up tonight - I felt sorry for the poor guy who had the car, as every player on the map started chasing him around) that says another player has the car. I can chase the other player and try to get the car from him, but what fun is that?

Does this happen for anyone else?

Also, how does this happen? I was having it out with another player waiting for a crate to drop and he challenged me to a one-on-one deathmatch. OK, fine. Well, halfway through the "one-on-one" deathmatch, we both start getting killed by a third player. It didn't add to our death totals, but it was crazy, to say the least.  

I don't think B is a glitch so much as the fact that you don't get those as much when you're higher level, to give the lower-lever players a chance.

On that other thing, if the third player didn't notice the message that said you're in a one on one, all he'll see is two players going at each other, and he'll join in the fun. Or he just doesn't care, and likes killing people who can't see his dot.

"Solved" the murder of Lenora Johnson this afternoon before going to work.  Only eight more hours to go on my shift!

Was kinda bummed to discover that:

No matter who collects all of the letter scraps, it is Franklin who goes kill Dreyfuss. There is a news bulletin from WEAZEL that says that Dreyfuss died of an apparent vigilante hit, so I guess that is Franklin's first foray into the assassin business if you collect those scraps before going to work for Lester.

I was sorta hoping that Michael would get to cap Dreyfuss since he is all about Classic Vinewood.

The scraps are pretty well hidden, but only one is really tough to get to (the one on the roof of the restaurant at LSIA requires a helicopter or a parachute jump). 

The other scraps are out of the way, but you can get to them if you try hard enough.  There are two that are on the top of rock formations that took a bit of effort to grab, but the others are just a drive or a swim away.

I stole a lot of watercraft as Michael in the course of locating all of the letter scraps.  It took about five or six game days to find all of the scraps, so if you are going to go through the trouble, I suggest looking for them as Michael while doing the Epsilon mission where you have to wear the robes for ten consecutive days. 

You will have enough money to complete the Epsilon missions before the Heist if you allow Michael to find that Bike Theft Random Event where the guy rewards you with $100K in Animal Ark stock after one game day if you recover his bike and return it to him.

Save often because you will still trigger Random Events that need completing as you continue your search.  I blundered into one of the motorcycle theft RE's and was hard pressed to catch the dude and my most recent save would've forced me to re-find three letter scraps.

Hope you guys are enjoying the Vespucci Beach Party live event!  Think of me, bros!

After reading this thread at work the last few days, it has become quite clear to me that I must purchase this game and join the DVDR crew sooner rather than later.  Black Friday deal coming up, for $35, yeah...

Oh, btw, I just found out a couple of days ago that the old board died.  I was on it, and the one before it.  as a matter of fact, I remember dvdvr being on geocities or some shit like that.  I'm an old lurker, probably had three or four different names on boards. 

xbl is misanthrope304, add me.  Formerly Arez, Brewer, Muleson, probably some other shit too. 

Yeah, hop on in the pool, the more the merrier. I would say numbers have been kinda down lately, but I can't tell if that's the case or not. 

I missed somebody's survival invite tonight - was in my map screen and didn't even know I had the invite until it had expired.

Today was the stupidest, oddly funniest day ever:

1. Finally managed to kill some bastard in a tank. I was chasing him down and turned my blip off the radar when I realized I was probably too far away from him to make it to him in a minute. Then miraculously, he starts heading my way. I hit the tank with about five rockets, cops went ballistic, guy somehow escaped but I managed to shoot him while I was running from the police and got a $7,000 bounty. 

Boy, the police got pissy at me and I was just doing them a favor taking down the tank. Geez.

2. Found my "desert island" car that can be stolen, the Obey Tailgater, then decided that since my current sedan (Benefactor Schafter) is identical in every statistic, I said "screw it" and sold the Tailgater.

3. As you can see by the standings on the Social Club, I play a LOT of Grand Theft Auto Online. It's my way of "unwinding" after work, screw it. But I stumbled across something I'd never seen until tonight - I went behind a gas station while cruising around looking for new places to hide from the cops and I noticed a couple of people sleeping on the ground. I didn't know until tonight that the game had bums. So, I beat the crap out of them and stole their money. I won't rob convenience stores 'cause I consider the money too low for the trouble and here I was beating up bums for $23.

4. I drove home and some other player was standing in the parking lot of my apartment. So I said "whatever" and drove around him and into the garage. At about the time when I was pretty safely in the garage, he starts firing at me. So, to clear him out in case he wanted to stand around and wait for me outside, I hired some mercenaries to take care of him. I then remembered the TV in the garage and went over and watched the mercenaries hunt him down like a dog and take him out. Worth every penny.

I love my job but I hate the hours.  I got home this morning at 4AM EST, downloaded the Beach Bum DLC, passed out on the couch, and woke up just in time to drag my ass into work at 5PM EST.

I will be back online one day...

Since the patch (I think this is just a coincidence) I haven't had any new missions. I'm around level 84 and haven't really had anything new since about 81 or 82. For you higher level guys - am I just out of new stuff until higher levels or is something wonky going on here?

I played a round of golf with some random person yesterday. Shot my best game ever, -4, and still lost. I was beating them by two strokes early on, but they were good.

• Like 1

I love my job but I hate the hours.  I got home this morning at 4AM EST, downloaded the Beach Bum DLC, passed out on the couch, and woke up just in time to drag my ass into work at 5PM EST.

I will be back online one day...

The joy of night shift. I hope you get the shift premium.

I'm basically in the same boat without the hours as J.T. Just worked 2 overnights in a row, now have a 6-2:30 in the morning blah blah blah, basically, when I'm not working, I'm sleeping.

Will try to get on for some GTA stuff tomorrow... though my headset appears to be broken, so communication might be iffy.

Since the patch (I think this is just a coincidence) I haven't had any new missions. I'm around level 84 and haven't really had anything new since about 81 or 82. For you higher level guys - am I just out of new stuff until higher levels or is something wonky going on here?

I played a round of golf with some random person yesterday. Shot my best game ever, -4, and still lost. I was beating them by two strokes early on, but they were good.

I had my best round of golf this morning at -5 but the dude I was playing shot a -10!

The guy played every shot absolutely perfectly (including a glitch on the 5th (I believe) hole where his drive shot off the lip of one of the bunkers and somehow went another 100 yards ending up on the green) - I was majorly impressed once I got over being pissed about wasting my best round ever.

Well, it looks like the game may need another patch.  If you check your Combat tab in your Pause menu, you'll notice that the #kills section in the Combat table for the SNS Pistol and the Broken Bottle repeat constantly at the bottom.

I'm in a golf game with a crew member as we speak, and I just have to say, hole 5 can kiss my ass.

Edit: Scratch that. Hole 8.

Ha!  This was with me.  The first time I did hole 8 I got a quadruple bogey.  It's taken me a lot of rounds to get decent at it.

Next time I get together with a crew member, I really need to not be the one driving around.  I almost killed us a few too many times.

I'm in a golf game with a crew member as we speak, and I just have to say, hole 5 can kiss my ass.

Next time I get together with a crew member, I really need to not be the one driving around.  I almost killed us a few too many times.

I've never let that stop me. Anyone who gets on a motorcycle with me has decided life's not really worth living.

I tried to do a job tonight where you go to some research facility way off in the back end of nowhere and someone has to hack into a garage and recover a couple of vehicles, and it was absolutely torturous. We managed to grab a vehicle once and it was like the hounds of hell let loose on us. I kept thinking "dammit, I need some crew members in here, stat, they'd know how to carry me while I flail around and do nothing useful, then collect my pay at the end of the mission." 

I feel like I'm the only one who still does the single player campaign. I've barely touched the online mode for weeks, I think I'm getting too old for that shit. I never really win anything and rarely meet any crew members to do missions.

On the plus side, I have noticed that I missed so much on my first playthrough in single player mode. Property missions, bounty hunting, plenty of random events I haven't seen before. I was cruising through Blaine County with Franklin and saw a blip on my map. So I checked it out and got tazed by a hillbilly. Next thing I new I woke up naked on some train tracks.

I've never let that stop me. Anyone who gets on a motorcycle with me has decided life's not really worth living.

I tried to do a job tonight where you go to some research facility way off in the back end of nowhere and someone has to hack into a garage and recover a couple of vehicles, and it was absolutely torturous. We managed to grab a vehicle once and it was like the hounds of hell let loose on us. I kept thinking "dammit, I need some crew members in here, stat, they'd know how to carry me while I flail around and do nothing useful, then collect my pay at the end of the mission." 

That one isn't that hard.  Pretty much the big key to any of the missions where you have to steal something is to 1) kill off the guards before you grab it and 2) not go anywhere after you grab it.  Just wait and kill off the guards and reinforcements.  It's a lot easier to do it on foot and from cover with good weapons than trying to use the crappy driving targeting system and a SMG or AP pistol.  I can solo most of the Martin and Lester missions no problem using this method.