DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Well, with RDR2 9 months away I reckon I can fit a replay of GTA5 in. Will be starting from scratch on my PS4 though as last time I played it was on 360. Have I left it too long to play online and join a heist crew? Don't really know how all that stuff works as I'm an anti-social gamer

3 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Well, with RDR2 9 months away I reckon I can fit a replay of GTA5 in. Will be starting from scratch on my PS4 though as last time I played it was on 360. Have I left it too long to play online and join a heist crew? Don't really know how all that stuff works as I'm an anti-social gamer

Without a doubt, it’s a totally different game from the last time you’ve played it, that’s for sure. 

2 hours ago, Robert C said:

Hell, I don't think I've ever got a birdie.

Birdie’s are easy. I got one on every hole last week and now my best score is -27. It’s all about using the wind, rotation, club and type of hit (approach, punch, power etc.). Granted, I play a lot so I’m very used to the dynamics. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:40 AM, Robert C said:

Hell, I don't think I've ever got a birdie.

I was two shots behind some randoms and then got a Hole In One on the same green that Petrol got his.

Two seconds later, I was finishing the round by myself.  Quitters....

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, melraz09 said:

Golf, 2nd hole in one. Tennis, sucks as usual. Dots, sucked and for that I was greatful. Overall awesome evening in los santos.

I don't think I have ever been around so many shit awful dots. I swear I think that one kid was working the controller with his feet.

It was so bad at one point that we stayed in the same, beat to hell random POS, could-barely-steer-it car we had been driving for like 20 minutes, just doing everything we could to give this guy a chance short of just laying the controller down. He even had the rocket launcher out and never got off a shot. 

We beat on some low levels for sure, but I'm fairly certain that one was a level 88.

Had all kinds of connection issues throughout the night, but like Mel kept saying, "It's all right. You gotta give them some leeway since the game has only been out a couple of weeks. They'll get it straightened out soon."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, RUkered said:

I don't think I have ever been around so many shit awful dots. I swear I think that one kid was working the controller with his feet.

It was so bad at one point that we stayed in the same, beat to hell random POS, could-barely-steer-it car we had been driving for like 20 minutes, just doing everything we could to give this guy a chance short of just laying the controller down. He even had the rocket launcher out and never got off a shot. 

We beat on some low levels for sure, but I'm fairly certain that one was a level 88.

Had all kinds of connection issues throughout the night, but like Mel kept saying, "It's all right. You gotta give them some leeway since the game has only been out a couple of weeks. They'll get it straightened out soon."

Damn I'm sorry I missed that.  Could've used some crappy dots with the way shit's going.  Maybe in a week or two.

• Like 2

On 2/14/2018 at 3:42 PM, PetrolCB said:

Nothing better than terrorizing a lobby under the map in a Deluxo, then switching to game chat to hear said kids arguing at who is the real squeaker. 

I haven't done it that much, but switching to game chat mid-ass whipping really is one of the best parts of this game.

• Like 2

See how everyone else who had a bunker fast-tracked their research and unlocked all the upgrades months ago? I didn't fast track and research, had it set on 50/50 Manufacture for a good long time, and only just unlocked my final weaponised vehicle upgrade today. And that's playing every day (granted, some days it's only 15 minutes).

I've been ignoring my Hangar since I got it (I only bought it to get Nervous Ron to stop calling me all the time). But now I find out that if you want to fix air races you do ones that are locked to a stunt plane and own the super fast M-25 thingy as a custom vehicle. So I thought I'd buy one, but I could only get the expensive price. And it turns out that with the planes, you unlock the discount price by doing Hangar supply missions, rather than specific vehicle missions like every other car. So now my Hangar's filling up with Gems and Jewelry.

4 hours ago, Robert C said:

Last time I went on the game chat was gobbage.

Oh it is, don’t get me wrong. But when your about to commit mass murder, and you see the lobby is chirping while you’re in party chat, it’s best to dump out and listen to your victims. Quality material, most of the time. 

Robert and stout are gobbage! Dalm still hate I missed that night. I still have the MUR MUR, yo fuck face I'll get you banned, go hang yourself you fuckin fruitcake, and many more i cant think of at the moment due to lack of sleep for over 4 weeks.

• Like 1

No sooner do I start collecting Air Freight, then they decide to double the sale value for a week. Might try to actually fill the thing full before I sell any.

Was griefing with a friend last night/this morning with our Deluxos under the map (I know, I don’t care. It’s fun.) and had a guy with some dipshit Call of Duty name text stalk me for about an hour and a half. While I was busy hangin’ and bangin’, he went back to his facilty and repeatedly (and unsuccessfully) called strike teams on me.

When you do that, even if you have spectate off, which I do as I don’t want randoms watching me, you can spectate after the strike team is sent. So he’s watching and flooding me with in-game texts. At first I laughed and ignored them, as I’m not bothered by texts like some. I find it funny. On and on he goes. So, I decided, fine, I’ll reply. 

I had said friend PSN me some of Lamar’s dialogue, which I copy/pasted and this guy was buying it. I don’t know why he stuck around, though my guess is he just kept reporting me, which, didn’t work in his favor, as my friend and I kept commending each other, kick attempt and reporting that guy for “hate speech” which is the primary report that gets acknowledged. 

Fun times.

Yes, I’m an asshole sometimes. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo many turrible dots last night.  Not that I'm complaining.  I will complain about the usual GTA unable to join session fuckery that prevented me from joining melraz till he'd worn out his welcome in the first room.  Poor bastards in that room brought out all the toys - Insurgents, DeLoreans, Ttanks, jets....  None of it worked, so they had to break out the Orbital Cannon, just to deal with one guy.

The dots didn't improve after we got together.  Maybe 2-3 semi tough guys all night, and it was a long night.  Couple of em would just not go down, unless they got hit with explosives.  All I could figure was maybe they were using that ballistic materials bullshit?

One guy tried a rope a dope on me, letting me kill him easy then sending a 1:1 request.  What he didn't realize was we were doing a bigger version of the same thing.  The 15 minute time limit he set made it all the better.  Poor guy ate an awful lot of sniper rounds from melraz, but the best part was the hatchet kill.

One thing I noticed was the total lack of Kurumas.  Can't remember the last time I ran into one of those things.  We kept running into Insurgents all night.  I love those things.  Folks still don't realize that they're just big, slow moving targets with minimal protection.  As long as you stick to bullets and don't bother with explosives, they're easy to deal with.  

• Haha 1