DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Petrol's mate knew a glitch that got me a duped Oppressor with all upgrades (including Rockets). But it cost almost a million dollars to do. Still cheaper than actually buying it, mind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So between a cruise and water issues at my house, I haven't been in it in three weeks, which means I also haven't been near a gaming console in three weeks. My damn hands will probably cramp up trying to work a controller.

Anyway, because the heist is out tonight - I wanted to see if any of y'all are planning to be on this evening.

Not to bore people with my home woes, but I keep having water backing up in the shower and toilet. Been through a plumber and lots of professional grade Drano, but the issue keeps coming back. I probably have enough drainage left for one good shit and a shower, and that could get me through the night. (I feel like that last sentence is the start of a good country song. Melraz, take it away.)

But yeah - if anybody is going to be on for sure, I may pack my bags and head back to the house for tonight just to raise some hell on dots and heist it up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In a stunning upset to no one, you gotta buy a bunker to start the heist. That'll knock you back $3-4 million. Nice bunker, though. Anyone can still play it, they just can't start it, I'm pretty sure. I bought one, and I'm sure Robert can afford one, so that's no big deal.

The constant money schemes grew old ages ago, though. Anyone still playing should dupe cars until their arms fall off, anything to not have to pay these greedy bastards a dime of real money.

This update rules......except for the fact that once you get to the Doomsday finale, the game fucking doesn’t load. Has happened to literally everyone. Spent all day on it. 

But yeah, the missions leading up are fun as hell. Quick tip: do the first missions for each thing on the board first, before finishing the rest of them. Because you’re in a free roam session doing those, and unless you’ve got a solid squad with you, you’re fucked. The rest, you’re in a normal sesh with your team. 

And to reiterate, that space canon is glorious. Our gang and I pissed ourselves after I zapped a few dipshits during our campaign. They could see it when we were in my facility. I don’t care how much it costs, it was great. 

That guy's gotta learn how to take a bump, or his career is toast.

Got on just long enough last night to buy some new shit.  Bought the bunker, the bigass VTOL aircraft, and some Ford Bronco looking thing.  Spent about 12 million for that.  Since I never learned how to fly the Hydra, I immediately crashed the plane thing - accidentally jumped out of it trying to figure out how to get the engines to rotate.  

Still got about 30 million left, plus maybe 85 in bonds, so I'm good for a bit.

• Like 1

Melraz and I ran through some of the setups. Pretty fun shit. Haven't gotten to the heist yet.

My broke ass had to buy the cheapest bunker way up north, and my god does Rockstar punish you for being cheap. It was a 6.6 mile drive to pick up the Deloreans and since there were only two of us, we had to schlep it twice.

• Like 1

For anybody that's tried, how hard is it to shoot down those big Osprey things?  I really want to get one, but I figure it'll take a crapton of damage.

Ought to be on a fair amount for the next couple weeks, while I'm on vacation.  Maybe we'll see if the damn game will let the night shift reunite in the same room

43 minutes ago, Robert C said:

For anybody that's tried, how hard is it to shoot down those big Osprey things?  I really want to get one, but I figure it'll take a crapton of damage.

Ought to be on a fair amount for the next couple weeks, while I'm on vacation.  Maybe we'll see if the damn game will let the night shift reunite in the same room

We tested out my friend’s Osprey. I used up all 27 rockets from an Opressor on it and it was still perfectly fine. We also tested an Orbital Strike on it and it survived. It’s the only thing that keep you safe from an OS. 

Using auto-pilot in that thing is great. Fill it up, set it to auto, and have everyone get on a gunner. It’s a beast. 

4 hours ago, melraz09 said:

I have missed GTA!!!!

Oh and it's snowing in los santos.

Well it's snowing on your screen, anyway.  (For everybody that isn't melraz, we were in the same freemode session, driving around in the same car.  melraz was in a winter wonderland.  I was in the desert under clear skies.)

Those poor bastards never did get me off that roof.  I finally just gave up and went to bed.

Another important thing we learned last night - it's possible to hit a thrown snowball with a baseball bat.

Thing we relearned last night - If you ever get curious about the level of the guy you're kicking the shit out of, put the thought out of your head and don't look him up.  Poor old level 3 Omerta shoulda just stayed in passive.