DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

There's not actually that much to do in the Andromeda galaxy. But there's a lot to collect, and it takes a long time to collect things. But the Microsofties might return to Los Santos at some point.

I think I accidentally selected to turn off 'tutorial' type missions in online, if that's possible.

I only recently received my first car mission from Simeon at level 13.

Seem to remember those coming much earlier on the PS3.

And I haven't been offered any of the missions that were doable for a single player on the last gen.

Or they changed everything on me...who can say.

17 hours ago, jstout said:

I was impressed by how little it had changed. I thought it'd be straight out of Mad Max or something, but it was refreshingly like it always has been.

In terms of practical effect, Gunrunning really hasn't changed freemode that much. There's only a couple of the new vehicles that have any real defense against you just getting shot/blown up like normal. The APC (from certain angles) and the Oppressor (as long as you don't get into Combat MG range and are good enough at flying it not to be crashing into buildings and lamposts and shit all the time.)

More notable are changes in weaponry, and really that's not any kind of paradigm shift. Combat MGs have a bit more range and do a bit more damage if you've got them upgraded. Sniping is easier with thermal scope, and can be 1/hit kills with explosive ammo.

Someone who didn't bother doing any of it isn't really at a huge disadvantage to someone who has.

So I drift in to see how Los Santos is at night. Not too bad, except for this one dude who kept sticking his foot up my ass with that rocket-equipped flying motorcycle. He just kept getting on the damn thing. That thing's a pain in the ass because I don't think I ever saw him coming. You can kinda tell there are haves and have nots. I hope all the low-level guys get their hands on a glitch so they can keep up with the big dogs' toys.

There was a level 800-something (probably legit, very possible) who came in the room, handed EVERYONE who got near him their ass, and then left. It was like a tornado rolling through Los Santos.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jstout said:

Good to see a glitch raging the day before their next big expensive update comes out. They've sold enough shark cards.

I figure the update is getting in the way of doing a hot fix on the glitch, to make things more fun.  I'm betting they didn't want to try to release a hot fix just before the update.  This one has been around for a week or so apparently.  I'm sure it gets fixed tomorrow, though.

COMING THIS FALL: TRANSFORM RACES SEAMLESSLY TAKE YOU ACROSS ROADS, SKIES AND SEAS 
Stunt racing in GTA Online had you flipping and carving your way across enormous corkscrews and loops and other crazy tracks, while Special Vehicle Circuit Races harnessed the power and unique characteristics of the Rocket Voltic, Ruiner 2000 and the Blazer Aqua for adrenaline pumping challenges. 

Now, racing in GTA Online will once again be transformed with intricate circuits that demand mastery across air, sea and land vehicles.

New and strategically placed checkpoints will instantly change your vehicle class to match the portion of the course ahead, creating dynamic racing with ever shifting challenges to take the checkered flag…

I can't wait for the first horse duplication glitch.

"Ok, now.  So first you get a lady of the evening with you on your horse.  Ride into your 10 stall stable.  Make sure you put the horse you want to dupe in stall 1.  Dismount and shoot her before she can dismount.  Now, exit the stable, and get half a day's ride away.   Call pony express and have em send a messenger to your stable, tell your hired hand to bring the horse you want to dupe to you.  Ride the horse back to your stable and put it in any other stall.  You should now see 2 identical horses, in stall 1 and whichever other stall you picked.  Obviously, this works best with a high end horse like the Tennessee Stud, but a thoroughbred works fine in a pinch."

• Haha 1

Also, youtube has videos.  I ran a search there and found a few glitches.  I came here to post about it and Robert was already on it.  

I haven't even tried the apartment glitch.  I had 2 garages (both full of sentinels) in slot 4 and 5.  i tried to sell them all last night so i could have a go at it...but I'm old and shit, and fell asleep pretty early. I 'm down to 1 sentinel now, waiting to sell it.  

I'm not sure this glitch is still active since this smuggler update  (1.58gb on xb1), i really don't want to be the guinea pig with just over 13 mil in the bank.

Knowing my luck, it's patched and I'd be out a few million...

10 minutes ago, misanthrope304 said:

Also, youtube has videos.  I ran a search there and found a few glitches.  I came here to post about it and Robert was already on it.  

I haven't even tried the apartment glitch.  I had 2 garages (both full of sentinels) in slot 4 and 5.  i tried to sell them all last night so i could have a go at it...but I'm old and shit, and fell asleep pretty early. I 'm down to 1 sentinel now, waiting to sell it.  

I'm not sure this glitch is still active since this smuggler update  (1.58gb on xb1), i really don't want to be the guinea pig with just over 13 mil in the bank.

Knowing my luck, it's patched and I'd be out a few million...

Apartment thing is patched.

This new DLC has you buying a Hangar. The only Hangars available are in LSIA, or Fort Zancudo. Meaning you can now buy access to the army base legally.

Bunch of shit swiped from the GTA forums here:

Hangars
Location/Price:
LSIA Hangar A17 - From $1,200,000
LSIA Hangar 1 - From $1,525,000
Fort Zancudo Hangar 3499 - From $2,650,000
Fort Zancudo Hangar A2 - From $3,250,000
Fort Zancudo Hangar 3497 - From $2,085,000
Customizable options like Bunker ect.
Got a free Cuban 800 w/ Hangar purchase

Planes/Helicopters
LF-22 Starling $3,657,500/ $2,750,000
Rogue $1,596,000/ $1,200,000
V-65 Molotok $4,788,000/ $3,600,000
Tula $5,173,700/$3,890,000
Alpha-Z1 $2,121,350/ $1,595,000
Ultralight $665,000/ $500,000
Havok $2,300,900/ $1,730,000
P-996 LAZER = $6,500,000 (unlocked price)

Cars:
Grotti Visone $2,250,000
Vapid Retinue $615,000

You can call Pegasus aircraft and store them in Hangar.

No research.

New money earning play described as "crates 2.0. WITH PLANES, OOOOO"

"FZ is the new Eclipse Towers. It's a fu*king war zone. 12 players online, 6 are hangared in FZ 2 in LSIA and I can't leave unless I'm passive. They just hover in Hydras shooting anything that exits a hangar."

It's kinda the same old thing, reskinned. It's crates with planes, as someone said. Any of the XBox crew knows me and planes don't get along. I managed to do the setup mission, then one crate run that didn't involve a plane at all, but the second one went all  to shit when I had to turn around in this huge plane and plunked it into the ocean.

I was in a very chill room. Everybody was trying out the new stuff. I waited before taking off once because another player was landing. I felt like a real pilot until I dunked that sucker in the ocean.

At least Ron's absolutely hilarious. You can get discounts on the new planes, like in the last two updates, but I'm not sure how yet. Missions?

6 minutes ago, jstout said:

It's kinda the same old thing, reskinned. It's crates with planes, as someone said. Any of the XBox crew knows me and planes don't get along. I managed to do the setup mission, then one crate run that didn't involve a plane at all, but the second one went all  to shit when I had to turn around in this huge plane and plunked it into the ocean.

I was in a very chill room. Everybody was trying out the new stuff. I waited before taking off once because another player was landing. I felt like a real pilot until I dunked that sucker in the ocean.

At least Ron's absolutely hilarious. You can get discounts on the new planes, like in the last two updates, but I'm not sure how yet. Missions?

I think it's gotta be missions to get the discounts, same as the special vehicles for the car theft stuff.

You and I can have a contest to see who is the worse pilot.  We need melraz and Dan - folks that can actually fly shit.

Already know I'm gonna buy that bomber plane.  I'll be useless with it, but I'm gonna buy it anyway.  

I swear to God, at one point today while flying around that big bomber, I said to myself "I can't fly this thing. Dammit, where's Dan?"

I knew before I bought the hanger that I wouldn't be doing it much at all. I just wanted to see its deal. One of the thousands of previous glitches has left me with plenty to blow on stupid crap.