DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

The last holdouts were myself on Sony, and @J.T. on Microsoft. And I don't think JT made it, while I skin o'teethed my way through last second. I feel like I let him down somehow.

• Like 1

J.T. on the XBox is gonna miss it, leaving us without our top tactician to use military terms I don't know.

I forgot about that first dude last night. I joined the room, and before I could get into a car, there were about six "Melraz killed" and "Robert killed" this same poor dot. I notice they're on the opposite end of the map from me, so I floor it, thinking "if that sumbitch leaves before I get there, I'm gonna be pissed."

He didn't, despite being killed at least 20 times on my drive over. So I Allah Akbared him out of his shoes to add to the misery. I think he eventually went into passive. At one point, he spawned so close to me I could've knocked him down by breathing on him. Talk about adding insult to injury.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, jstout said:

J.T. on the XBox is gonna miss it, leaving us without our top tactician to use military terms I don't know.

I forgot about that first dude last night. I joined the room, and before I could get into a car, there were about six "Melraz killed" and "Robert killed" this same poor dot. I notice they're on the opposite end of the map from me, so I floor it, thinking "if that sumbitch leaves before I get there, I'm gonna be pissed."

He didn't, despite being killed at least 20 times on my drive over. So I Allah Akbared him out of his shoes to add to the misery. I think he eventually went into passive. At one point, he spawned so close to me I could've knocked him down by breathing on him. Talk about adding insult to injury.

That was the funniest damn thing.  Poor dot is pinned down out on the beach between me and melraz getting spawn sniped over and over.  I saw a dot appear behind me, then saw the green ring appear and figured it was you.  Melraz put two and two together and figured what you were gonna do.  We were already laughing about the allah akbar a good minute or two before it happened.

• Like 2

He was leaned against a garage door. I stopped right in front of him for a bit, but he never turned my way, so I went ahead and put the old boy out of his misery.

There was one last night where Robert and I did an Allah Akbar sammich on this one dot - Robert got credit for killing the dot and me. Two cars flying in, a ball of flames, what's not to like?

I gotta admit I was jealous of Robert's Allah Akbar kill of two with a bus.

• Like 2

New update coming tomorrow as Phil said.  I'll be on pretty much all day tomorrow since NYC is going to get something like 20 feet of snow tomorrow and fuck my job if they expect me in tomorrow.

Also, this is old but: 

Wrd_gyN1Mcw9yBlkojel_q7PSm_up87EKAhcZ77e

• Like 5

Y'all could just move down here and forget about that snow bullshit.  It'll be in the 70s and sunny today, which is about where it's been since mid January.  Course, it's not as much fun when it's 105 degrees every day from the middle of July to the middle of September.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RUkered said:

It's an old joke, but do people clean out the milk and bread in NYC like they do down here? We're down to a 1-3" forecast, and the grocery store still looked like a fucking Zombieland set piece.

The supermarket was down to BIMBO wheat bread and the workers were frantically re-stocking milk.   Yeah, it's nuts.  

So far, it's been sleeting for a couple of hours, which will be fun tomorrow when I have to skate to work. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I did not make the deadline and TBH did not really feel compelled to jump back in.  Lots of weird shit going on in real life at the time and most of my co-op focus is trained on Mass Effect Andromeda.

I did just about everything I wanted to do in Campaign Mode for GTA5 (100% COMPLETE~!!!)  and couldn't really motivate myself to jump back into GTA:O. 

My life as a career criminal in the game is done until the next GTA rolls around and [wishful thinking] we're all pulling jobs together in sunny Vice City.[/wishful thinking]

Some of you guys are planning on getting Mass Effect, so it's not like I won't be whipping you back into tactical shape when it comes time to meet new and interesting beings on other planets and kill them.

If not, then hopefully you figured out that we don't necessarily need to be playing the same game at the same time in order for someone to send me a chat invite.

I need to get a mic first, though.  That will happen before Andromeda drops next week.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:35 PM, AxB said:

I feel like I let him down somehow.

Odd because I feel that I let everyone else down, but such is life.

You can now buy heist vehicles without completing the heists, but you have to pay more, kinda like the special import/export vehicles.

They've also waived level requirements on all heavy equipment - if you're a Level 1 with the money to buy a tank, you can buy a tank. Same with a  Buzzard.

Patch notes only had one change of consequence - they've nerfed the can't-miss helicopters on the car importing missions. Changed their accuracy and the number of angles they can fire from.

Thank Christ.  I know whenever I see a chopper show up in the chase portion, I'm going to be paying several thousand in damages. 

As expected, the Rocket Voltic races are bonkers.  They've got new Yellow Special Ability enhancing strips on the course, so you won't run out of juice when you're climbing 5000 vertical feet.  

No one seems to want to do the Blazer Aqua (amphibious vehicle) races.

And the Ruiner... ugh.  

Learning the physics for the parachute is just awful.  You'd think the car is lighter than a feather.  It's also tougher than hell so it can take a 100 foot vertical drop it seems with no real problems. 

Agree on the Voltic races. I haven't done many Aqua's, only one and it was "meh". For the Ruiner races, I'll say this, you don't always need to pull the chute on jumps, which no one picked up on. Oh, and that goddamn thing handles like shit. Surprisingly won three of those. 

Having said that, the only positive is the new super car. It's quite good. 

20 hours ago, jstout said:

You can now buy heist vehicles without completing the heists, but you have to pay more, kinda like the special import/export vehicles.

About time they did this.  I'm mostly using my female now, after doing all the heists with the guy, and realistically I won't get through them again with her.  Gonna have to spend some Sultans to buy a bunch of toys I don't need.  Figure it'll take about a third of my collection to get everything I want.

Things in a box...

VeLNmxP.jpg

VmBuwdB.jpg

8Ddvm1r.jpg

Told #1: "LOL. 7779? You're awful." 

Told #2: (after 7 kills) "Watch out, someone boobytrapped the car shop." Ignore my apparently massive bush in this photo.

Told #3: (after a dozen kills, and many more from my camping pals) "You're embarrassing. Trade in your PS4 while you can. You could get a decent deal. Buy a Switch." 

I like egging people on into frustration. I'm not "that guy" try hard bad ass. It's just funny to rile people up.

• Like 2

I've honestly never figured out why somebody would continue to beat their head against that wall going after somebody in that spot.  So much easier to find something else to do with my time.  

Spent 1/3 of my Sultans, plus a million dollars or so.  Bought both Insurgents, the Valkyrie, the fighter jet, and that bigass Russian attack chopper that I can't remember the name of and always call "that bigass Russian attack chopper".  Gonna save the rest of the Sultans for this gun runner update, since I assume there will be more stuff that I don't need there, too.

Oh, and I finally won one of those control the area MC club things last night.  There were only 2 guys in the MC club, and one of them seemed to be away from controller.  The other was just bad.  I think they were a little grumpy that I won.

Edited by Robert C
  • Like 1

Im gonna hit the streets tonight if anybody is around. Gotta have a last hoorah before mass effect andromeda comes out. Went and paid my preorder off in full today. Also found out they will be handing out the game at 9pm monday. Hopefully make a good trip and pick it up early. 

• Like 1

All that poor motorcycle club wanted to do was do one of their little minigames, go blow up some munitions, make some money. But they picked the wrong room. They hadn't filed the proper paperwork with the mayor's office and so we had to shut them down.

Melraz and I somehow got teamed up with a dot we'd been killing earlier and it was us three against two guys in a motorcycle club trying to do their little game. So they wound up destroying one crate out of 10 in 10 minutes and died very repeatedly. At one point, I'm on a roof, and I swear, it was like those funhouse duck-shooting games - they'd climb to the roof, get shot, climb to the roof, get shot, climb to the roof, get shot. They had no capacity to learn from their mistakes whatsoever, a very handy trait to have in an enemy.

We had some scrapes - nothing too bad, were pretty pinned down at one point near a hill by five dots - but it wasn't bad at all and ended on a high note with some prize-winning dumbery by our motorcycle club buddies, one of whom could best be described as "terrible."

• Like 3

Dang mane. Hopefully everything runs smooth and saturday night we can get back in the streets. 

Favorite kill last night goes to stout. We were beatin the britches off one feller when he finally goes passive. We both go to him turn our backs and wait. Sure enough the dumb bastard comes out, i fire the assault shotgun into his chest, but stout nonchalantly turns around and knocks his teeth out with the butt of his gun. Funny shit. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Robert C said:

Sorry I missed y'all.  3 hours sleep Wednesday night, plus a shitload of work, plus a sick 2 year old isn't a good combo.  Instead of playing GTA, I got to spend most of the night lying on a dog bed next to his bed.

Melraz and I have passed out in dog beds before, but it wasn't due to kids. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, melraz09 said:

Dang mane. Hopefully everything runs smooth and saturday night we can get back in the streets. 

We finally figured out what it was at least.  His strep flared up again - seems to have been resistant to the last antibiotic we had him on.  Hopefully the new antibiotic will have him doing better by tonight.  Haven't slept in a bed since Tuesday, and maybe slept 5 hours total the last 2 nights, which is kicking my ass.

7 minutes ago, RUkered said:

Melraz and I have passed out in dog beds before, but it wasn't due to kids. 

I'm truly frightened of where we could go in a "weirdest place I ever slept" contest.  I know I got a few, though most of em were more fun than last night.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Robert C said:

I'm truly frightened of where we could go in a "weirdest place I ever slept" contest.  I know I got a few, though most of em were more fun than last night.

I'll donate a short submission. 

Back in high school we used to regularly party at my friend's house. His mom didn't care, was cool about it, and preferred we did it in a safe spot. Nice lady. Anyways, long, long night and we all get to the "dude, I'm out of here" point. I didn't have my license at the time (I wouldn't have been fit to drive anyways) so my friend Con-man drove me home after stopping at a 24-hour McDonald's so he could eat. 

I'm reclined in his '91 Camaro, stargazing through the t-tops. "Con-man, I'm gonna be sick." He pulls over and while I wasn't as sick as I thought, I end up falling asleep on some random person's front lawn (square center) for about 4 1/2 hours. To his credit and true friendship, he sat in the car for that time, eating and listening to music and didn't drive away. I awoke and he eventually dropped me off at home, which no kidding, was 4 blocks away. That's a good brother.

I also passed out in a half-kiddie pool sized bin of gasoline and rain water once. But that was brief and not worthy of an explanation. 

TLDR, I was an idiot when I was a teenager. 

• Like 1

Ive moved on to PS4 finally and it's changed quite a lot. It's hard to process all the new stuff at once. I've got around $2m in the bank and I don't know if I should invest in one of these business type deals or just run & gun with the crew.