DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

1 hour ago, Cristobal said:

I'd love to be able to collect all my cars in one place, but I can't sell my old properties, so apparently screw that.

Downgrade. Move everything you want to the 3-floor, 60-car garage, if that's what you meant. Then replace your old garages with the cheapest ones available. It'll put two in the slots, and the rest in storage. You'll gain back the monetary difference when trading property. 

Besides my CEO garage with 60 Elegy dupes, I've got three 2-car garages, with 24 duped Sultans spread amongst each. Granted, they're dupes, but I never intended to drive them anyways. Got some money back for useless parking spaces. Worth it. 

Since you never host heists and mainly join ours, ditch that high-rise and get a cheaper apartment. That's even more money while possibly shifting those ten cars to your new 60-car CEO garage. 

Theoretically, you can have the CEO 60, which you primarily use, and make every other property you have a two-car garage. 

Jerk. 

I rarely do them anyways. I'd rather scream profanities at traffic cutting me off in CEO and randos doing an unsuccessful run-in when we're busy.

Oh, and debating wrestling and you threatening to shoot on me because I don't like Dr. Pepper. 

But yeah, it really doesn't matter what's actually in your CEO garage, since (if you set your spawn there) you can just get whatever car you want from the secretary, as well as phone it from the mechanic. Whatever you choose for your CEO garage is purely aesthetic. 

I feel like you've threatened me more times for singing wrestling themes in party chat than I have for you not liking Dr. Pepper.

I do not argue that this is because I sing wrestling themes in party chat more than you express your (erroneous) dislike of Dr. Pepper.

5 hours ago, RUkered said:

You may be on PS4, but this is purebred Xbox night shift shit right here.

Yeah, Melraz was rather gone the other night, about five sheets to the wind, when he suddenly left the game and the party. I thought "well, shit, he's dead," but sure enough, I saw him on the next day playing Assassin's Creed. The Mad Monkey lives~!

I think some guys on the PS4 side have already been doing this, but I had to see it for myself to really grasp the way it worked. Lemme see if I can explain this in a clear way: There are 32 models of cars in the sourcing-stealing cars thing. 10 standard, 10 mid-range and 12 top-end. I don't mean plates, I mean models of car.

Like in standards, there's: Alpha, Feltzer, Jester, Massacro, Sabre Turbo Custom, Tampa, Bestia GTS, Banshee 900R, Turismo R and Nightshade.

In mid-range, there's: Cheetah, Coquette Classic, Coquette Blackfin, Seven 70, Verlierer, Omnis, Zentorno, Entity XF, Sultan RS and Tropos Rallye.

In top-end, there's: Z-Type, Stirling GT, Roosevelt Valor, Mamba, 811, Reaper, FMJ, Osiris, ETR1, T20, Tyrus and X80 Proto.

If you can manage to get every collection car, you'll have one of each model from each range. If not, no biggie, just collect one of each model, whether it's a collection car or not. Then get rid of any spare cars until you only have those 32 left.

Then, the next car you sell will be the model that you'll get every time you go to source a car - the plates will be different, but the car model's the same. I got all 32, for example, and then sold an Osiris (top-end car) to make it 31.

For the rest of the night, every time I went to source a car, it was an Osiris. I'd steal it, then sell it, then go to source another car. It'd be an Osiris. I'd steal it, then sell it, then go to source another car. It'd be an Osiris. So I spent hours delivering nothing but top-end Osirises.

It works with any model of car - you can do this with T20s, Reapers, whatever. I've heard this even works with collections - say, you can sell a two-car collection (the Z-Type and Roosevelt Valor for instance), and then you'll source either Z-Types or Roosevelt Valors. If you want your collection cars back, just wait, they'll pop up eventually as it cycles through the plate choices. I wanna see how this works, but I haven't been able to yet. I've been just fine selling top-end cars by myself.

• Like 2

Maybe he was just a really big Randy Orton fan who found all Orton's actual nicknames were taken, and didn't want to be called Legend Viper who hears voices?

6 hours ago, melraz09 said:

Yeah i musta been real tired that night, woke up in the floor away from controller and headset off. Didnt know how long I had dozed off. Turned the Xbox off and went to bed. 

Least you had the sense to go to bed.  Burke waking up dazed and confused one night 3 hours after Stout and I figured he had dropped off still cracks me up.

• Like 3

@jstout Yeah, something like that. Basically, what I do is similar. I clear out the garbage cars and keep my collectors. I know about the 32 car thing, I just haven't done it yet. Either I get close to or go over 32, not paying attention, and just keep playing source until I get my proper plated car. 

I could manipulate it to get the rest of my collection cars if I wanted - I have a Sabre Custom Turbo as a non-collection car, but not the collection car, right? So I could sell it, which would cause another Sabre to source, and eventually I'd have my collection car when it cycles through the plate choices. But I'd rather not bother messing with standards right now.

If you've got all the collection cars, just get rid of your extras and you'll have the 32 you need. Then just pick one of your top-end collection cars, sell it (you can get it back later, no problem) and that's all you'll source as long as you keep selling the car you steal.

So, business as usual last night/this morning. MC, cars etc. When we notice the lobby start to fill, no big deal. Apparently this fellow decided to get himself booked, and it turned into an episode of Superstars. He's jobbing left and right, so after a good thrashing, I text him "You're embarrassing. You just made the list!" He texts the three of us...

lG6gFrA.jpg

...whatever that means. We do head back into the city for business and proceed to beat up he and his friend. This is going on while Cristobal is playing that Duke Nukem steel balls video in the background. Cooler heads guys prevail and he leaves. 

I'm a bit jealous though, as that was the only text I got, but Cristobal and our friend Shadow got about a half a dozen similarly worded messages. 

• Like 4

I can understand abbrevating words hell i type like i talk, i cant say nothin. But why the hell type a 4 letter word (deen) when the actual word (then) is a 4 letter word. Makes no dalm sense to me. 

And what the hell is a bi2t suppose to be, bitch? Sounds more like a simultaneous queef and fart, a "bi-toot" iffin ya ask me. 

• Like 2