DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Is it me or are the npc cars in multiplayer becomin killer cars?

At least three times this week, i have been killed by a car speeding from out of nowhere and running into me from behind.

Guess i need to heed this old chestnut

Almost had an eagle, but hit the flag stick.

---

Dont recall anyone mentioning challenges/playlists yet. I did the off-road one tonight. I guess if you beat my time, you get the $ i had to put up.

Been spending money upgrading cars and weapons.

I'm saving up for my white Adder. I'm up to $600,000 now, I was going to hit 500 and add it to my free money, but since that gets delayed seemingly I'm racing myself to see if I can get it on my own.

Not literally, you dont get money for one person races. Good for learning the course, though.

-

Any chance we can get ALL the PS3 crew users online at the same time one day? Would be good to have some all-crew multi deathmatches and races.

I invested in a cheap 2-car garage just to have a base of operations.  I'm saving up for a $200K+ apartment because the high-end residences have planning rooms.  By the time that heists are finally introduced, we'll be ready.

I saved up early on because I knew I wouldn't be satisfied with just a garage so I saved and got an apartment with 6 car garage.  It took me a little while.  I can see the benefit of having a 10 car garage though.  I have 4 cars right now and can think of a few more I'd want plus bikes.  Are you only going to be able to plan heists from the high end places or will you be able to do it in any apartment?

Also a nice benefit of garages/apartments is that it's a place to escape other players in free roam. 

There haven't been any concrete details released about heists, but the consensus is that you will need one of the high-end apartments to be the leader/planner of one, because they have extra rooms/job boards in them.

I don't see Rockstar as feeling all that threatened by AC4.  I would see them dropping it close to next gen launch to try and keep people interested.

I finally finished robbing all of the stores last night.  I wanted my last one to go off in a blaze of glory, so I used a Cargobob to grab one of the pursuing cop cars, which I used as a wrecking ball on a police helicopter. 

• Like 1

See, I've had very little problem going about my bidness in free roam. It's a huge huge map. After doing a bunch of missions if you all spawn in the same spot, there is already sort of a code of conduct working: nobody attacks anyone to make sure nobody attacks them. I've had guys give me rides to ATMs to make sure we had a force to stop any one who was stupid enough to attack.

Cristobal and I were in a Lazer Deathmatch with this guy who told us that he got dunce-hatted right after completing the tutorial. He decided the first thing he wanted to do in online was steal a Fighter Jet from the army base (which he somehow actually managed to do), then he flew it back over the city, saw a bunch of cars parked together and fired a rocket at them... but they were all people's personal vehicles (Must have been setting up an impromptu race or something). So he's off to bad player purgatory for two weeks, with no money and no stats.We also met David Silva's cousin. Unless he was lying.If you're doing Top Fun and you're a hunter, watch for people abandoning their designated vehicle and sneaking in to steal spare Lazers. Unsportsmanlike tossers.

On the money-front, I've got $623K in the bank. I've picked out the Entity and the Monroe as my super and sports classic cars, but those cost nearly $1.3M between them. Even with the half-mil from Rockstar, I'm gonna need to earn another three or four hundred thousand to both buy and upgrade those.

I was online with a buddy yesterday and we went into one of the clothing stores and some random guy comes in there and is just standing near me and when I go to exit he follows me out.  In hindsight I think it was just someone new to the game and didn't know what to do but as soon as I could equip my shotgun I blasted him in the chest.  If I don't know you, you should probably not come near me unless you have a headset on and can voice what you're doing before you get in range.  I don't trust random people. 

I finally finished robbing all of the stores last night.  I wanted my last one to go off in a blaze of glory, so I used a Cargobob to grab one of the pursuing cop cars, which I used as a wrecking ball on a police helicopter. 

*sigh* I pretty much went on a shooting spree.  I shot NOOSE and FiB guys and used law enforcement vehicle to continue my evasion tactics when the vehicle I was using got shot full of holes.

Y'know, if it looks like I might be creeping or otherwise coming for you, I can understand why you might take a shot at me. But if I spawn in your general vicinity (in this case, south of Fort Zancudo, where there was a big melee involving people going for jets,) stay hidden, and then try to drive off on the motorcycle I'd called for, and you shoot me in the back while I'm driving off, you've earned whatever response I come with.

In this case, this included sniping the two people responsible as they tried to break into the base, sniping them AFTER they got into the base and were headed for a jet, putting a bounty on you to make the other randoms all turn on you, using Lester to hide me, etc. Whining into your mic about it is just going to make me laugh and keep doing it.