DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I cant remember who it was now, but a while ago I got shot just as I came out of my apartment. Someone from DVDR came and picked me up, drove all the way after them and killed them over and over again.

I lub you guys.

If you are running into griefers and I am online on 360, let me know.  We will either start a big ass turf war with these assholes or I can send you a game invite to a private session.

I have Franklin parked at the airport and will try for Race Win #3 on Sunday when i get back from Maryland.  I won the city circuit race with a top speed of 109 mph in the Buffalo!  FUCK YEAH~!

I need to start goofing off more with Franklin and Michael. I am sure their stats could be higher, but I get so wrapped up in playing online with my criminal that I just barge through missions in story mode instead of driving around to find the incidentals or partaking in other activities.  I have shot a 3 under par with Michael and beat a couple of people at Tennis with him also, so those 100% Completion blocks are checked..

I think I may build up the Lung Capacity for both of those guys and try to do a Triathalon before pushing ahead with more story.  I am sure there are some other Strangers & Freaks I've missed, too.  I think I have to hold-up a convenience store in story mode too, but I think I will let Trevor handle that.

Not a bad night of multiplayer last night.  I won an epic tennis match in straight sets against Mark, we assassinated an attorney for Madrazzo, and then Mark took my self esteem away by crushing me in two straight rounds of golf.  I think I came about as close as I ever will to getting a Hole In One last night.

Hole Six is your best bet because it is a straight shot to the green.  Use the wind as much as you can and don't forget that you can switch from your driver down to a 3 Wood if the breeze is at your back.

I tried golf for the first time in a while last night.  Good lord I am terrible at putting.

I wouldn't worry about grinding to raise stats too much in single player.  They will raise pretty organically through gameplay, especially if you are doing side stuff as you go.  Though I do think I got a stat raise boost from buying the special edition. 

Lung capacity has not been a factor and I am (I think) pretty far in the story.  Any time the missions have involved water, you either have a scuba suit or the submarine.

Shooting skill - I'm not noticing all that big of a difference between Franklin (who is supposedly a bad shot) and Michael, discounting Michael's ability to slow down time.  Once you do a couple of heists, you have access to the good weapons like the carbine rifle and can fully mod them.  Most of the enemies are stupid anyway.  Just use cover and pop out to plug them.

Stealth has been a total non-factor in the game so far, even on the stealth-based missions, because again, the enemies are pretty fucking dumb.

Stamina has only come into play when doing the foot races, otherwise you can do the trick of tapping the run button instead of holding it and you can sprint for a while.

Almost all of the flying parts of missions you will be using Trevor, who starts out with a fairly full skill bar.

Raising the driving skill does help with stuff like spinning out, but not to the extent of San Andreas. If you're driving between missions versus using cabs, it shouldn;t be a problem to raise this. 

And, yes, the asshole factor has been high the past couple of days.  I am so sick of people trying to crash you in races.  Yeah it's GTA so some dirty pool is to be expected, it's the people that do shit like drive the wrong way or pile up their cars to block the road that is really infuriating.

I tried to do Titan of a Job with a couple of non-crew friends and a couple of randoms.  One random was fine, but the other was fucking awful.  I'm not sure if he was a griefer or totally incompetent.  But of course, he was the one that got the plane, which he proceeded to use to crash into and blow up the cars we were using for cover (and thus us) and then barely managed to get it to take off and circle the airport before he crashed. 

I have used my high Stealth score to my advantage in a couple of missions.  Mark and I snuck around to the rear of the trailer park in Romance Isn't Dead scenario, popped the two Lost members guarding the vans with our silenced weapons, and drove off before the bikers figured out what was going on.. 

I almost single-handedly beat another mission after Mark got put down by sneaking around and shotgunning Lost members, but I got killed making my getaway with the package of meth.  I usually prefer to be the sniper and not the grinder in an ambush, but I am developing a taste for the up close and personal.

I have a low stealth stat (1 bar) and I did that same thing on that mission easily.  Raising stealth really does next to nothing IMO.  Keeping out of the line of sight (as arbitrary as that can be) of enemies is much more important than the noise you make while walking.

Hole Six is your best bet because it is a straight shot to the green.  Use the wind as much as you can and don't forget that you can switch from your driver down to a 3 Wood if the breeze is at your back.

I *ALWAYS* use 3 Wood on hole 6, no hole in ones but I have gotten damn close, that's definitely the most likely Hole In One hole, though I'm not sure why 3 (the other par 3) feels so different.  I have eagled 2 and 4 once each, as I get better at using A + L stick to add spin.  I definitely recommend not always going with the default club, especially with the Irons (I'm going up or down a grade on irons almost all the time now) and Wedges.  It's a virtual caddy, he's not real, don't be afraid to hurt his feelings by picking another club :)

One thing I also do that I almost never see other online players do, is I use the driver (or 3W, wind pending) instead of the 7Iron for the tee shot on 4.  The game wants you to take a short shot and then a second long shot to get around the tree.  Fuck that, you can cut way closer to that tree and drive way closer to the pin.  You'll be short of the water and you can easily wedge shot out of that little patch of rough, or hey with the right spin and wind you can even hook your way directly on to the green. I managed it once. Could've eagled if I hadn't choked majorly on my putting that day.

Oh, and the trick to 7 is to set yourself up on the smaller LEFT side of the green from the hole, rather than the larger right expanse.  The incline and break of the #7 green is far less Bullshit from that left patch than the right (but you still have to adjust your shot for it a little).  That's another hole where your caddy is LYING about which iron to use.

In Single Player I've found the Triathalon hasn't improved Lung Capacity much, but the first two short ones will basically max out your stamina, no extra grinding required (except maybe going through them again with Trevor to get him up to snuff too)

EDIT:  HOLY FUCKING SHIT JUST FUCKING EAGLED 7 WITH A 3IRON IN A SOLO SESSION I NEED TO FIND A WAY TO FILM THIS SHIT.  Major lucky bounce off the pole and generous back roll just enough to drop.  But yeah, definitely shoot left of the green and let the wind pull you back.  I mean, that was luck, but that's how you get in position for birdie, it seems.  Maybe a 4I or 5I depending where your drive lands.  It must be that you need to luck into having the right wind to even make that possible.  Wow.

A couple nights ago I was on and did a couple of races.  After I finished I went back into free mode and my car wasn't there.  Then I look on the map and some douche is driving around in it.  So I jack the first car I see and speed off after my car.  My car stops on the map and I see it's at a convenience store so I know the dude is stationary.  I shotgun him in the face as he gets out of my car, then I go in and rob the joint and drive away in my own ride.  That felt good. 

Ditto. I always go aggressive on Hole 4, so I use the 3 Wood instead of the 7 Iron but I have been too chicken shit to set up my approach shot from the right expanse. 

I can usually sink the birdie or par put from the left depending on how good my approach shot is.

A couple nights ago I was on and did a couple of races.  After I finished I went back into free mode and my car wasn't there.  Then I look on the map and some douche is driving around in it.  So I jack the first car I see and speed off after my car.  My car stops on the map and I see it's at a convenience store so I know the dude is stationary.  I shotgun him in the face as he gets out of my car, then I go in and rob the joint and drive away in my own ride.  That felt good. 

You can change the settings as to who can get into your personal vehicle.

BTW the stimulus "should" be distributed next week:

"We know many of you are anxiously waiting for us to show you the GTA$ Stimulus Package money we announced a couple weeks back. As mentioned in that post, we of course want to ensure that game progress loss issues are sufficiently sorted before distributing the GTA$ to everyone. We have a few more tweaks and fixes to make in a new title update that will hit sometime next week and then we will distribute the cash."

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51636/grand-theft-auto-online-update.html

Also a couple of other updates:

THE BEACH BUM PACKComing in early November will be the first add-on content update, the Beach Bum Pack which will bring all-new beach themed vehicles and new weaponry that you’ll be able to use in both GTA Online and Story Mode. Plus new customization options for your GTA Online character including new tats, hairstyles and more. We’ll also be adding lots of brand new action-packed Jobs to play with Gang Attacks, Survivals, Last Team Standings, Parachutes, Deathmatches and Races that will have you bloodying up the waters and coastlines of the finest beach resorts across Los Santos and Blaine County.THE CONTENT CREATORWe are also working to bring you the debut of the first part of the GTA Online Content Creator this fall – giving players the ability to craft, publish, rate and play custom-made Deathmatch and Race Jobs. We’ll be keeping our eye open for exceptional ones that we’ll be stamping as ‘Rockstar Verified’ and will be featuring them here at the Newswire and as part of forthcoming GTA Online Social Club Events. Both the Content Creator and the Beach Bum Pack are free.

You can change the settings as to who can get into your personal vehicle.
Hold down select (on PS3, not sure on XBox) and it'll bring up a menu that you can change vehicle access. If you restrict access while someone's in it, the car stops and forces the driver out.

I'm waiting for the stimilus to hit before I buy my apartment (I'm scared of losing my car, for whatever reason)  then I'll probably delve deeper online.

As for single player, I'm at that point where it looks like I got a couple smaller missions to do before the main story kicks back in (I just finished the Mayweither and FIB heists, and the first Soloman mission and two Devlin missions).  I think I'm going to break off the main story for a bit and start doing more of the Stranger & Freaks missions and some of the hobbies, since I haven't done any yet.

Besides getting Michael through flight school (which took his Flight from 1 bar to full), I haven't seen any real change upping stats.  Everyone but Franklin's shooting rose organically through play, and even then, I did some time at the range for Franklin more for my sake to get used to shooting than his, and he's had more stats go up through playing missions rather than just doing the range.

I did try some solo range missions with my Online, and didn't get any stat bumps.  

There's a DVDR tag by your name in lobbies. You must also get the logo on shirts.

I've got mine on my jacket 'cause the shirt logo always gets covered up by body armor. I looked into getting the logo on my car, but for some reason it was a tiny, tiny square. I want my car to look like the General Lee, but with the DVDR crew logo instead of the Confederate flag. The crew colors paint job for the cars is oddly expensive.

There's a DVDR tag by your name in lobbies. You must also get the logo on shirts.

I've got mine on my jacket 'cause the shirt logo always gets covered up by body armor. I looked into getting the logo on my car, but for some reason it was a tiny, tiny square. I want my car to look like the General Lee, but with the DVDR crew logo instead of the Confederate flag. The crew colors paint job for the cars is oddly expensive.
yeah $25k for a logo is way too much. I don't have any place to put the logo on currently as I am only wearing 70s short shorts, flip flops and a cowboy hat (wanted to switch things up after rocking Heisenberg and Jason Voorhees looks)

Posted Image

Finally got to level 25. Celebrated by buying an assault rifle, sniper rifle, sticky bombs, a Sanchez... and a BMX bike. #feelsgoodman