DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

You get kicked if you camp on rooftops

I got kicked a couple of times on rooftops, but like I said, I was still running to find a spot in that last game with no attackers coming at me when it happened for the last time last night. I'm just starting to like survival missions, too - feels like I'm finally getting to the point where I can actually contribute about 50 percent of the time if I find the right spot to hang out in.

I'm glad it's not me screwing up somehow.

JT and i were discussing this last night:Did they change it so you CAN lose your wanted level by going to Los Santos Customs?I thout you could not, but i think i did it yesterday.

You can, but the cops can't see you going into the garage.

Spent a few hours playing with a buddy of mine online. 

Had a blast showing him stuff as he is new to online. I guess i've ranked up enough to spawn the Chinook (Duel Rotor Helicopter) so we goofed off with that.

Some how formed a kill-less alliance with 2 other dudes and the four of us made attempts at stealing jets. It was a blast until my buddy and I got killed inside of a helicopter by a guy we had been working with. When asked why he killed us, he said, "you didn't let me in the truck." About an hour before I was a passenger in a truck with someone who didn't let this dude in his vehicle. He held a grudge against me.

Survival is way hard and I can't get passed 6th in a race.

VickyV25

Now that I've beaten the main story I've been doing different hang outs to hear the various conversations. Are these all the hang out options in the game?

Michael:

Amanda

Franklin

Jimmy

Trevor

Franklin:

Jimmy

Lamar

Michael

Trevor

Trevor:

Franklin

Jimmy

Lamar

Michael

I'll be pretty disappointed if it is. I really wanted to play a round of golf with Trevor, Ron and Wade to hear him berate them over 9 holes.

I've noticed that some don't give you all options either. When I did one with Franklin and Lamar I went to the golf course but it didn't give me the option to play.

Spent a few hours playing with a buddy of mine online. 

Had a blast showing him stuff as he is new to online. I guess i've ranked up enough to spawn the Chinook (Duel Rotor Helicopter) so we goofed off with that.

Some how formed a kill-less alliance with 2 other dudes and the four of us made attempts at stealing jets. It was a blast until my buddy and I got killed inside of a helicopter by a guy we had been working with. When asked why he killed us, he said, "you didn't let me in the truck." About an hour before I was a passenger in a truck with someone who didn't let this dude in his vehicle. He held a grudge against me.

Survival is way hard and I can't get passed 6th in a race.

VickyV25

So you're VickyV25.  I was wondering who the Hell that was. 

My golf game has gotten a little better but it still needs work.  I robbed all 20 stores on the map, got an achievement and unlocked a sweet back tattoo of a dual-wielding psychotic clown.

As you get closer to 20 store hold-ups, your take gets bigger (I got about $4K per hit) but you get an automatic 4-Star Wanted Level and a 99% guaranteed that you will get the tires shot out on your getaway vehicle.  There is your reason to invest in up-armoring your car and getting bulletproof tires.

Do you get booted if you rooftop camp in Deathmatches?  If you did, that would be stupid.  Who ever heard of a sniper holding the low ground?

So I've found both Packie and the female driver (I forget her name). Are there any other heist crew members you find via random events or through other characters in the game?

Rickie becomes available after the corresponding story mission but he isn't "unlocked" until he actually calls you. Starting the next mission (which ends with selecting a heist crew) will prevent him from calling in time to be an option for it. 

And [perhaps depending on the approaches you pick] the only other heist that even needs a hacker (i.e. Rickie) is the Very Last Story Mission, so you effectively miss him for the game.

Rickie called me in time for the Jewelry Store heist, but I didn't encounter any other crew members even after combing the city, playing tennis / golf with Michael, and winning the available races with Franklin at least once.  Where / when do you run into this female driver?

That makes me feel better.  I had just started up on Trevor when i rebooted my new game and I was starting to get worried that I missed the opportunity to get a different driver for the Jewelry Store heist.

My whip is coming along nicely.  She's 4 - 1 in street races right now.  I always lose when i don't race one of my custom vehicles.

Posted Image

I'd love to figure out when a vehicle is considered "fully modded."  I think I have purchased nearly every available mod for my Elegy.

I am getting phone calls from Lester abou heists, so I will be getting an upscale residence with my stimulus money.  Anyone a decent pilot yet?  TPI and Lester are giving me aircraft theft missions and I am a pretty shitty pilot.  I will be stat grinding my flying skills this week.

Do not be shy, bros.  Send me a XBox Live Party chat request or jump into my party if you see me online.  We  don't have to be doing the same thing to joke around.

That makes me feel better.  I had just started up on Trevor when i rebooted my new game and I was starting to get worried that I missed the opportunity to get a different driver for the Jewelry Store heist.

Trevor isn't unlocked yet for the jewelry store heist.  You can find Packie while using Franklin though.

Trevor isn't unlocked yet for the jewelry store heist.  You can find Packie while using Franklin though.

Aye!  My crew for the Jewelry Store heist other than the main characters will be Packie, Rickie from LifeInvader, and Eddie Toh.

Anyone a decent pilot yet?  TPI and Lester are giving me aircraft theft missions and I am a pretty shitty pilot.  I will be stat grinding my flying skills this week.

This is not necessary at all dude, I've been doing those missions since I could with my shitty less than 1 flying skill. In fact doing those missions bumped that shit to 3 bars.

That is good to know because I could stand to do something to boost my crappy piloting skills.  I think I would like to roll with a full 4 member squad from the crew just to maximize the RP.

And yeah, random spawn bugs are rampant.  Mark and I heard a huge explosion and then saw the wreckage of two military cargo helis in the parking lot of the hospital near Franklin street.  I have nearly been killed by two cars spawning in the same place and then exploding.