DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I guess the reason people were getting knocked off of PSN last night is because there is a new patch up.

It caps any hosiptal bills at $500 but now if you replay missions, you only get half of the original payout.

Also (this is unconfirmed) everyone in a mission has to be at the minimum level.  So if you're level 10 and you're trying to play a mission that is minimum level 25, even if you're invited to it, no dice.

That sucks.  I got invited to a Survival mission by one of my friends when I was only 10th level and I handled myself just fine..

The hopital bill cap is a good idea.  You can rack up a fucking huge defecit if you crap out too many times during a mission.

Oh, and here is some Battle Tapes or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILci7JwMSH4

I love that song.

Speaking of weapons, I sure would be grateful if R* patched the weapon drop schema again.  Everytime I try to discard my standard pistol so that I am only carrying my upgraded Combat Pistol, I revert back to carrying both guns after I leave and re-enter GTAO

This. Fucking this. I've dropped that regular pistol about 50 times now.

Is it safe to go online again yet?

There was a new patch yesterday.---The latest automatic title update for GTA Online is now available for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. As promised, this update addresses the remaining issues where some people's vehicles or vehicle modifications were disappearing due to a cloud save failure - as well as all the other fixes mentioned below:Fixes numerous issues that were causing vehicle loss and/or loss of vehicle modsFixes an issue where the incorrect car is replaced when choosing to replace a car in a full garageFixes an exploit allowing players to sell the same vehicle multiple timesFixes an issue that caused personal vehicles to be duplicatedFixes an issue where some players were unable to pay utility bills on an owned apartment or houseFixes an issue where players were not getting Crew invites in-gameFixes an issue where the starting point for the tutorial race was not appearingFixes issues with joining Jobs from within a player-owned garageFixes issues with players getting stuck while using playlistsFixes additional issues causing black screens, long load times, and players getting stuck in the sky camAdds details in the UI to clarify that characters created while Rockstar cloud is unavailable are temporary (non-saved)Adds changes to the character creator to make better-looking default characters with the “random” optionPlayers now only lose a maximum of 500 GTA$ upon death in Freemode

Been using a couple guides to find all the Scrap Paper and Spaceship parts and came to the one at the top of the crane.  I saved before climbing the crane, scaled it, got to the top and didn't find anything, thought "Oh, must be on the other crane".  Reloaded the game (So I wouldn't have to waste all that time climbing back down, also after jumping off the crane for good measure and pausing before I hit the ground), made my way to the other crane, climbed to the top and couldn't find it, then realized there was another level, and climbed up there...still nothing.  Figured it must have been on the other level of the first crane, reloaded AGAIN, climbed to the top, hit the other level and still no paper.  It was then that I realized I was on the wrong spot on the map and there was another, much larger crane.  Got the scrap of paper...finally.  Took me the better part of half an hour.  Better be worth it.

• Like 1

So I've found both Packie and the female driver (I forget her name). Are there any other heist crew members you find via random events or through other characters in the game?

Rickie becomes available after the corresponding story mission but he isn't "unlocked" until he actually calls you. Starting the next mission (which ends with selecting a heist crew) will prevent him from calling in time to be an option for it. 

And [perhaps depending on the approaches you pick] the only other heist that even needs a hacker (i.e. Rickie) is the Very Last Story Mission, so you effectively miss him for the game.

When you're in a survival mission in online, is there a button that can be accidentally pushed that makes you quit the game?

I would just be playing along - the last time was right at the start of a wave before any enemies came out - and the screen goes gray, and it says "mission failed" and kicks me back out into the "real world" with a warning that I quit the job and if I do that too many times I'll get sent to reform school. I didn't knowingly quit anything, I wanted to get paid, dammit.

I dunno whether I'm pushing a button accidentally or if the game's having a server issue. 

Sorry Cliff. Noticed you were in a race I tries to start last night and I hit play thinking it would start up the race and not start the race solo. I'm still getting used to online. Does everything open via rank? Just because I can't seem to do anything but races and deathmatches. And make a grand a clip holding up stores.