DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I have never been to LA.  It is utterly surreal to get massive deja vu for a location, think really hard about it, and then realize it's from all the Tony Hawk 3 I played back in the day (the artsy courtyard with the cubes/balls and the yellow and bluish walls, where Trevor runs into Barry the weed guy.)

It's a really accurate depiction of LA despite not being LA, if that makes sense
The parts of LA I know are nailed dead-on.

So it looks like servers are running smoothly now. We should get most of the crew together tomorrow for shits, and giggles.

Logging on now to check. If you're lying I will grief the living fuck out of you.

So how are people playing this?

Are there jerks who just run around and try to kill you?

In heists i've read you can turn on your buddies. Can you do that at ANY point?

Is there a cops and robbers mode?

I'm at work and haven't got it to work yet, looking forward to leaving here in a bit.

I'm pretty comfortable flying, (more with plane than helicopter) so for the build that I did (if I get to keep it) I made sure to get the flying points up to two full bars starting out, so Chris Ball (if I have to rebuild, I might make a female character just to hear the different intro with Lamar. Maybe Christie Ball) will be the PS3 crew's pilot.

To whoever is cyberinsekt: 1. I'm sorry for being such a dirty driver/player.2. My headset kept turning on/off and making crazy noises. Good fun though.

I deserved it after the thrashing I gave J.T. earlier.Everyone on XBL should play Marcos at GTA races. He is the king of surprise rocket attacks.

To whoever is cyberinsekt: 1. I'm sorry for being such a dirty driver/player.2. My headset kept turning on/off and making crazy noises. Good fun though.

I deserved it after the thrashing I gave J.T. earlier.Everyone on XBL should play Marcos at GTA races. He is the king of surprise rocket attacks.

Dude, I was being really self-conscious about my play. Because of the lack of headset I wasn't sure if you were laughing or screaming "fakken' bullshit, I hate this fucker". Blowing the tire of your truck in the first 10 seconds was such a dick move.

EDIT: pro-tip: If you press the right thumbstick and fire a rocket, it will fire from the back of the vehicle instead of the usual front rockets.

So how are people playing this?Are there jerks who just run around and try to kill you? In heists i've read you can turn on your buddies. Can you do that at ANY point? Is there a cops and robbers mode? I'm at work and haven't got it to work yet, looking forward to leaving here in a bit.

1. Yes, i was killed yesterday just standing onthe street checking my map.2. I belive so. jT accidentally put a bounty on mewhile we were playing.3. Not sure, but dont think so. Plenty of cops to chase you for stealing cars and such.Getting the same missions at this stage is def good for quick cash achieving. I think ive done a couple 3 or 4 times now.

Anyone else having a hell of a time getting up to 150 million to buy the golf course?

I've invested the entirety of Michael's take from the gold heist a few times in the stock market but every time I invest in a hot stock it starts trending downward

Anyone else having a hell of a time getting up to 150 million to buy the golf course?

I've invested the entirety of Michael's take from the gold heist a few times in the stock market but every time I invest in a hot stock it starts trending downward

Probably contains spoilers:

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251316/gta-v-easy-money-stock-market-investments-tips-amp-cheats/

I've learned not to be concerned with money in GTA games, eventually you will get enough that you don't have to worry about it.