DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Honestly I laughed at that one.What I found disturbing was

the torture scene.

Really could have done without that.

I think the Molly thing bothered me because the whole "smart girl in glasses" thing works for me in real life. Big time.A lot of people were bothered by the torture sene, judging by online reactions. I get why. It was uncomfortable for sure. But didn't really get me squirming completely or anything.

Just as a reminder, you don't have to directly play with any DVDVR people to join the crew. Your stats will still feed in and you will get bonuses. It will just be a way so we can always find people to play/make a team with (if you notice on your in-game friends list, you can see their crew symbol next to their name) because I feel like any open games are gonna be a collection of slaptards. 

I have a headset but probably won't be using it much, because I usually play in my bedroom while my fiancee is sleeping, so I gotta keep the volume down.

Also, I didn't change the emblem.  The editor is still down.  That is just the default one for the type of crew (I think it was chaotic) I set up.

For those that already did the Blitz Play mission:

During the setup I must have missed (or the game plainly didn't inform me) where the heist was suppose to happen, so I parked the get away vehicle about 3-4 miles from the actual location. So after all the craziness, I just took a chill 5 minute drive through the city. So anti-climatic.

For those that already did the Blitz Play mission:

During the setup I must have missed (or the game plainly didn't inform me) where the heist was suppose to happen, so I parked the get away vehicle about 3-4 miles from the actual location. So after all the craziness, I just took a chill 5 minute drive through the city. So anti-climatic.

Yeah, if you do a heist make sure to put a marker on the place you'll be robbing after you do the "Scope out the place" mission so you'll know where to getaway cars.  

Just finished the campaign.

Which ending did you go with.

Option C.

Here's my psyche report:

From the office of Dr Isiah FriedlanderClient Notes - Highly Confidential

This lunatic will retire me.

Occasionally makes complex choices.

Wants to see self as a leader.

Tries to fill void with things.

Likes to stare.

Treats women respectfully - when not killing them or their husbands.

Loyal to crazy family, which I suppose is a start.

Keen to be part of American dream, which is odd.

Incapable of valuing suffering of others.

Respects some property rights - not others, of course.

Not into yoga, it seems.

Psychotic about most things, but not exercise.

Like strangers.

Possible A.D.D.?

Help!

Apparently I've just been really lucky with storing getaway vehicles. I've managed to put them within a couple blocks away each time.

I hope I can eventually kill every member of the Lost so I can successfully take people to the cult, because damn. If I zip by them within 4 million yards they start shooting at me and scare away the people I'm hauling.

Also, do you guys still need members to reach - what was it, 25? If so, I'll join up.

Apparently I've just been really lucky with storing getaway vehicles. I've managed to put them within a couple blocks away each time.

I hope I can eventually kill every member of the Lost so I can successfully take people to the cult, because damn. If I zip by them within 4 million yards they start shooting at me and scare away the people I'm hauling.

Also, do you guys still need members to reach - what was it, 25? If so, I'll join up.

Join up.

2 good Trevor switches I've had so far:

Standing in front of a bar screaming at the bartender/bouncer/whoever "Hey if a drink's left unattended for 5 minutes it's FAIR GAME!"

and

Spooning in bed with a whimpering, clearly very distraught Floyd (who is wearing pink pajamas)

Have gotten the latter several times (always a hoot) and most recently Trevor told Floyd "next time you're spooning me."

Trevor is by far the most fun to switch to.  Michael and Franklin are tame by comparison (though Franklin did have one where he was on the street with Lamar being harassed by a cop for, as far as I can tell, Public Blackness)

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/09/25/rockstar-confirms-grand-theft-auto-online-microtransactions

Rockstar has announced new details about Grand Theft Auto Online, including confirmation of the microtransactions rumored earlier this week.

In a post on Rockstar Newswire, Rockstar explained that “if you’re the completely instant gratification type, you can choose to buy denominations of GTA$. You will have the option to purchase GTA$ through the in-game Store. The game and its economy have been designed and balanced for the vast majority of players who will not buy extra cash. There is no in-game paywall and nothing that should disrupt the balance of the game. You don’t have to spend real money to attain the cars, guns, clothes, flash and style of a high-roller in Los Santos, but can if you wish to get them a little quicker.”

Rockstar added that “the economy is balanced differently from the single player economy, and cash earned in one cannot be taken over to the other. Most players will earn cash much faster Online than in Story Mode.” It also explained GTA Online's Reputation system, noting "Reputation is earned from all your online exploits in everything you do in GTA Online – and will help you rank up, providing access to new features, weapons and criminal contacts. Spend cash you’ve gained on cars, clothes, guns, properties and much more. You can either quickly accumulate cash through profitable activities like knocking over armored cars, winning street races, doing stick-ups or a host of other cash-making endeavors."

Rockstar also warned fans of some “growing pains” once GTA Online goes live, noting, “there will be the typical growing pains for an online game, including but not limited to crashes, glitches, crazy bugs, gameplay modes and mechanics that need re-balancing and other surprises! Even in GTAV Story Mode, some of you may have seen a few odd and even amusing little glitches out there last week. This sort of thing is inevitable in a massive open-world game and there’ll surely be lots more unexpected oddities like this in the Online world next week – rest assured we’ll be monitoring and actively doing all we can to smooth such things out as they happen, but we need your help to find them, as well as your feedback to help fine tune all of the game's systems so everything is perfectly balanced.”

Rockstar reiterated that up to 16 GTA Online players will be able to participate in open world exploration (“catch a movie, go mountain biking, hit the shooting range and much more”) as well as jobs, races and sports. Players will also be able to create a character with the character creator, “then earn some cash and spend it getting dressed for success. You can also collect and customize cars for your garage and personalize your full weapons cache.”

The following content updates are also planned following the launch of GTA Online:

Content Creator - “Tools to tailor and publish your own Deathmatches & Races.”

Beach Bum Pack - “4 new amazing beach fun vehicles, over 300 new items of incredible down tempo leisure wear and 2 new but not remotely relaxing weapons.”

Capture The Flag - “GTA Online’s take on the classic CTF mode including the ability to make your own using The Content Creator.”

Heists - “This update will introduce full-on cooperative Heist missions that will require careful planning, teamwork and sharp execution – along with the Heist Planning Board for your apartment.”

Rockstar confirmed that all of the updates will be free, and additional info will be coming “as our plans develop through the launch period, and as we get feedback from you.”

Grand Theft Auto Online will launch on October 1st. For much more, read our hands-on impressions, plus check out everything we know about GTA Online in our GTA 5 wiki.

I have 0 problem with the transactions being there for those who want them, but those who want them suck.

That'll be me. I spent probably $200 on Mass Effect 3's multiplayer, and I think like $150 on Avengers Alliance which is a fucking free-to-play game!