DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Same here, and those things are $500-plus a pop. It'll set you back more than $1,000 if you allah akbar someone. Blowing up 200 morons' Zentornos a night isn't cheap, either.

I can't go back to grinding Rooftop Rumble for money - Herby~! no longer plays the 360 version. I'm in no real danger of that, but money does go quick in Freemode.

• Like 1

Damnit, it seems like the last update must've ramped this shit up.  Sure am glad they found a way to make the game worse.  I still think it's a combination - recent rep and blowed up cars.

How long before they let you out of the hole?

Be sure to watch out for the Sisters.  I suggest just hanging out in your apartment and watching the madness unfold around you.

• Like 1

Two days. I take it the timer's even running when I'm not playing, or is this 48 hours of actually playing the game?

No tanks in my first room. One guy who could use that new sniper and two dudes in jets wreaking havoc. There was a five-dot scrum, and I'm like "fuck that." Gameplay so far, though, reminds me of the rooms at 4 a.m. when there are no weak links.

Some random invited me to a mission, and I thought "let's see what juvies do during a mission," and it wouldn't let me join.

I knew this was gonna happen eventually. The full room I was in at the time was every single dot pressed together and feuding, with multiple people doing the backing up in Zetornos and Entities. The one that got me was kinda self-defense. The driver got out and I shot him, then blew up the Entity because I thought he had a passenger in the car - he was working with someone.

That was my sentence too.  It's two real world days, regardless of whether you are online or not.  I think it does extend a bit for each car you blow up while you're inside though. 

I think that's where all the jets have gone.  I've barely seen any in freemode for a long time now, but the penitentiary was full of the damn things. 

You're braver than me.  I never tried accepting any of the invites when I was in there.

We saw one jet while Stout was waiting for his prison blues to be pressed. Once he left the session we were in, we were officially separated.

Then me and the Mayor decided to whip some ass. Tried a couple rounds of golf, but we kept getting disconnected.

This damn game is doing everything it can to disband the Horsemen.

• Like 1

Yeah, you and Melraz were in that other room laughing it up killing that NWO fucker over and over again while I'm in Shawshank all "JEEZUS, THAT JET GOT ME AGAIN! OH SHIT, THAT DUDE'S USING THAT NEW SNIPER! GODDAMN, JET GOT ME AGAIN! FUCK, NOW I'VE GOT A BOUNTY."

I'm rediscovering this thing I pay a fortune for every month but never use called "cable."

• Like 1

Looks great.  Still wondering if it comes out before my as yet unborn son is old enough to play it, though.

Hopefully it'll actually have all that shit for the 360, not just the new consoles.  Saw a few new vehicles in there (Hind helicopter, Harrier, some sort of armored car), plus the motherfucking aircraft carrier.  That all better make it into freemode.

The line from Lester about "I know you've been complaining" is precious.

Now let's see how this is used as another attempt to get us to buy the same game twice. I'm betting XBone and PS4 people get something like four or more heists and 360/PS3 people get 2. Then if they ever bring out more heists or DLC, they will be current-gen only.

After heists, they've made no more promises to 360/PS3 players and that'll be that.

• Like 1

Have they ever said "no DLC"? I still say XBone and PS4 gets some sooner or later - too much money to leave on the table - but they won't fool with 360/PS3 because that'll be more incentive for people to make the switch and buy what is practically the same game twice.

There is the matter of wanting to get moving on other titles, but they could just hire more staff, I'd think.

My girlfriend bought a PS4 for my birthday, however it did not came with a game so I bought GTA 5 (even though I already own it on PS3).

The graphical update is weird though, everything looks much crisper y cleaner, but not that much different than the PS3 version. Unless you go back to the ps3 version and then you see that the overhaul is actually pretty big.

Walking in first person mode through the hood is cool experience. Especially when it starts to rain or when it is foggy.

Have they ever said "no DLC"? I still say XBone and PS4 gets some sooner or later - too much money to leave on the table - but they won't fool with 360/PS3 because that'll be more incentive for people to make the switch and buy what is practically the same game twice.

There is the matter of wanting to get moving on other titles, but they could just hire more staff, I'd think.

I have a 360 and probably no plans to go next gen for quite some time :(

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/16/grand-theft-auto-5-online-heists-finally-revealed

HELL YES!!

"Released early 2015"

DAMN IT!

All kidding aside, I'm not holding my breath for anything until we get a concrete date.

Knowing my luck they'll actually come through for once and release this in mid January.  Then I'll sit here cursing everybody's free time while I'm up cleaning diapers at 4 AM.

I have a 360 and probably no plans to go next gen for quite some time :(

Same here. I'm oddly determined about it. I guess if my XBox broke, I might as well, but I still don't think I'd get GTA 5.

Heists sound fun. Hopefully that'll cause some people to come back to the game, 'cause it sounds like communication is a must and I hate talking with randoms.

I think they added a day to my sentence for blowing up an Entity. I dunno what you're supposed to do when people are coming at you in them. You can't defend yourself without increasing your time in the slammer, and it gives people riding around in PVs a HYOOGE advantage. I'm staying out of Freemode, period.

Tried joining a crew for people just trying to serve their sentences in peace, but no one else is on. I'm in a public room (for now), and there's a dude in here who's a Level 5,002. No wonder he's in Bad Sport.

EDIT: And now, despite having 22 hours left just five minutes ago, I am apparently out of bad sport.

How long do you have left?  I blew up a bunch of shit while I was in there, and I was out in a little more than 2 days. 

Ran into a guy last night who was somehow doing god mode in a deathmatch.  I should've known something was up from the following:

- his name was banned again v2

- he was a level 15 with a K/D of 4.

I found a bad sport wanting to do a mission, so I joined, and four of us just completely ruined trying to do Chemical Extraction. It was sad. I finally quit, and when I came out of the mission, I tried to check the big map to see if the Sisters were breathing down my throat. Doing so pulled up the roster, and there were level 5s and 9s and 32s, no one high level at all. So I check the players and no one has dunce caps on, and I can take mine off and put on my helmet. I'm free!

Worrying about blowing up cars makes me play differently, no doubt.