DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I could see cash cards if you've got the money to waste and you're just starting out and want some goodies without having to go through so much stupid shit to start out. I can't see $8 million for $50, though. Maybe a million, however much that costs. If you like racing, 80 percent of races are Super races and there's no stealable Supers, so ...

But there are ways to get cash post-glitches, it just involves work. Or you could wait around for the next glitch to pop up. It will. If you're playing with experienced players, missions are easy money, and it adds up after a bit.

So I posted the trailer for the new Will Smith movie over in the movie folder.

And I had a big smile on my face because the trailer ends with Smith saying

"The are two kinds of people in this world - hammers and nails. You decide which one you want to be."

• Like 3

Will Smith is wise.

That's really the entire way to judge a Freemode or Deathmatch session. Were you the hammer or nail? Last couple of times in Freemode, I heavily leaned nail. These things are gonna happen. The question is, how do you react to the adversity of being the nail? It really happens to everyone. It can't be your night every night.

Played the second-crappiest race in the history of the game last night. It was a user-created race that promised "a surprise at the end," I figured it would be a big jump. Anyway, it was 14 miles long, exactly like the course in "Long Haul II," which I never play since the course sucks. It was getting the Big Fresh thumbs-down before I even finished it.

And then came the end: I was coasting in first place, no one near me. A win was all but assured. Then the "surprise" - the race designer blocked the road. I came to a complete stop. All of the other cars went sailing over mine and I ended up finishing in fifth among six people after I had led virtually the entire 14-mile race. Thumbs down, never again.

The worst race (not counting those motorcycle agility courses): Stairway to Heaven. That one popped up the other day. I'm like "no, no, no, no, no." Wish I'd bookmarked Four-Way Jumps. I miss that one.

• Like 1

No, the road was blocked by rail cars except for one narrow tunnel, which was less blocked and more obstructed with bunches of fencing. I could've pushed through it eventually, but I came to a dead stop.

I was in a Zentorno, which is real low and kinda allows people to "float" over you when they hit you from the rear. So when I came to a complete stop, the rest of the field flipped over me (and the obstacle).

For some reason, in the update they changed it so you can only wear Crash Helmets if you've got short hair. Which I didn't know, and was wondering why all my non-Bulletproof helmets had disappeared... then I went back to the Miley-Hawk hairdo. Only it's red this time.

I also got the Hakouchou. Orange and Black, because it's stripy.

Stone Cold E.T. says we'll run off the whole damn room while eating a couple of cheeseburgers from White Castle, and if you like that, gimme a "hell, yeah."

RUkered and I proved that the Two Horsemen can deliver some havoc, running everyone off in a full room on a Sunday afternoon. We got killed a bunch, but we also did our share of killing, too. One guy kept grabbing a friggin' tank, even though he was pretty good on the ground when out of the tank - he was doing some severe damage. He did, though, kill himself every time we were closing in on him. 

I JUST realized why people kill themselves in those situations: to protect their precious K/D ratio. How sad.

Anyhoo, he'd squiggle free, go grab a tank. We'd blow it up, he'd squiggle free, go grab a tank. By his third tank, we both said "let him chase us," and we headed WAY up north to screw with another dot. He was about as far South as you could get, and he probably would've had to driven the tank 20 minutes to get to us. Sure enough, that worked, as he blew up fairly quickly and quit.

It was one of those days - someone would get the advantage on us, and as soon as it looked like we were getting ready to turn things around, they'd leave.

Still, it was loser-leave-town, and we won. Oh yeah, went on a Robert-would-be-proud Zentorno blowing-up spree late in the day. Must've blown up one dude's Zentorno three times. I never think to sticky bomb them, though. Glad I'm the Donald Trump of Los Santos - blowing up Zentornos could get expensive.

• Like 2

I've never heard more joy in someone's voice than when Stout got to blow up one of those Zentornos. There were two guys in a clothing store, so we swarmed down to wait on them. Stout blows up a Zentorno. I round the corner and say, "Weird, it's not showing as blown up on my screen." Stout says "No, it's definitely blown up over here." I said, "Well, there's a dark colored one over here."

"Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally?" BOOOOOM

Then the poor bastards come out of the store and I mowed them down with the minigun the second the door opened.

Oh yeah - forgot to mention that I was using my female character who is a level 40-something. How did I have a minigun, do you ask? SOMEBODY FINALLY GOT A G-DAMN SPECIAL CRATE. Ended up getting two of them, actually.

To back up a minute, when I got on, Stout had his other crew tag up, so I figured he was racing and I didn't want to bother him. I spawned into a public room by myself and realized I was in a house all the way up north. No idea when I bought a second place with the girl character (must have been on a 2 beer evening). I drove to Trevor's so I could get something to fly to the city. The only thing there was a cargobob, so I got it. About halfway down to the city, I see a guy with a bounty, so I landed and got in a sniping war with the guy. I killed him, and just for good measure, I picked up his Sandking with the Cargobob and dropped the sumbitch upside down in a river. Unfortunately, it wasn't a personal vehicle.

The guy shot the cargobob all to shit as I was escaping, so I flew to Zancudo and picked up a jet. I was on my way back when I noticed Stout had snuck into the session at some point. I flew back just in time to watch him put some boots up white dot ass.

We then alternated between beating the crap out of people and bemoaning the fact that we'll never be as good as Robert and Melraz.

• Like 1

No one came within 100 miles of that first special crate. I couldn't believe it.

The second one earned a visit from two people soon after RUkered picked it up. They lasted about three minutes before they were in a car hightailing it out of town.

There was a white Zentorno outside the store that went down quick, but the other was black and behind a hedge. I didn't see it. So when it was pointed out to me, I had to blow it up. I could see the two guys in the clothing store saying "hey, someone blew up our cars," come outside to investigate, and meet Mr. Minigun. They didn't stick around long, either.

Racing crew is fun, when you can catch them on. I raced about seven races yesterday afternoon wthout anyone PITing me once. When someone accidentally hits you, it's a crew rule to stop and let you retake your position. Basically, it's the very opposite of racing with randoms.

• Like 1

Sounds like they've managed to make special crates popping up all the time a thing now, like it's the new armored cars popping up all the time.  Not sure if that was intentional or another screwup on Rockstar's part.  I haven't been on since we faced glitch boy last week, so I can't say for sure. 

My trigger finger is getting itchy, and the white dots are feeling a little too safe.  I should be on tonight if anybody is around.

Also, meant to post this earlier.  I was disappointed in myself for not thinking of this when melraz was doing his police armored truck rampage:

• Like 2

Man I havent been on since that night but for about 15 minutes or so. I forgot about my armored truck rampage. I love them dalm things. Im off tonight but the boss lady is too I havent seen her longer than the last time we played so I'd say no online for me again tonight.

I might be on REALLY lale, maybe 1 or so. Then again, maybe not.

I thiink those police armored cars spawn at the police station near the beach (where you can pick up tanks occasionally, the one with the big iron gate). Last time we were warring with players down there, there was one of those armored cars there. I should've grabbed it and ran around trying to sticky bomb people.

Got in my car morning, and Mind Playing Tricks on Me came on.  I was waiting for some asshole in a Zentorno to pit me on my way to work.  Think I've played a little too much GTA for my own good.

I have This Mystic Decade by The Hot Snakes on my MP3 player.   I nearly got a ticket flying up 301 this weekend to go and visit my girlfriend in Maryland.  I knew for sure that if the cops started chasing me, they'd give up after five minutes if I successfully evaded them.

I have played this game too much.

• Like 1

Got in my car morning, and Mind Playing Tricks on Me came on.  I was waiting for some asshole in a Zentorno to pit me on my way to work.  Think I've played a little too much GTA for my own good.

I have This Mystic Decade by The Hot Snakes on my MP3 player.   I nearly got a ticket flying up 301 this weekend to go and visit my girlfriend in Maryland.  I knew for sure that if the cops started chasing me, they'd give up after five minutes if I successfully evaded them.

Look for the tunnel into the subway they're building. Or head for the viaduct.

• Like 1

Man I havent been on since that night but for about 15 minutes or so. I forgot about my armored truck rampage. I love them dalm things. Im off tonight but the boss lady is too I havent seen her longer than the last time we played so I'd say no online for me again tonight.

Gotta take care of boss lady first.  That's the same reason I haven't been on much since middle of last week.

Just throw a sticky bomb on their hood and run for it.

• Like 3

Damn, I'm surprised I'm not out of likes.

I remember sitting in traffic in college and sincerely having this thought: "I should just plow this guy in front of me out of my way and book it through the median to get out of this mess. It would only give me one star."

Two seconds later: "I...I'm going to step away from San Andreas for a couple days..."

• Like 2

Ive played a lil bit of gta on the road while drivin. Hiding from the fuzz is probably the funnest thing. Done that SEVERAL times. Just closin the garage door and watch one fly by with their lights and siren blastin was by far the best one for me though.

• Like 1

melraz is like a kid in a candy store any time he finds dots around the beach.

Probably not gonna be on much for the next week or so.  We're having Thanksgiving early this year, so we're headed down to my uncle's place for the annual family shootout tomorrow.  Packing 6 guns and a pecan pie.  Going hunting Sunday, then the wife and I are heading off for a few days in a cabin for our last vacation before the baby gets here.

• Like 1