DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Don't bother doing Effin' Lazers. I thought it was brand new, but it looks like it came out with the update that had Chop Chop.

Anyway, Mel and I did it about five times and it was glitched. No matter how we tried, I'd land and it would kick me out of the jet before registering that I had landed in the yellow circle. Then it would tell me to get back in, but before the cockpit would close, my guy would jump back out.

We even tried ramming it to the finish line with cars. Nothing worked. Irritating as hell.

• Like 1

Update is weird. Both guns are useful, but I don't know when I will ever use them. I'm curious to see if resident sniper Mel can get anything going with that rifle with the scope.

Apparently the heavy shotgun is deadlier, but you give up the refire of the automatic shotgun. I doubt I'll use it much, because I like the automatic so much.

The big changes are pretty neato, actually:

1. Icons for jets, planes and helicopters on the map like the tank icon.

2. This is great: Let's say Robert is in a room and we all want in there. Instead of waiting for people to leave and hoping we luck into getting in, we can get in line to get into the room and them get a spot when a spot is ready. 

3. The thing where double-up on the D-pad turns on the camera is long gone. An idiot could've called it, but I called it.

4. Everyone on GTA Online says the new sports car isn't worth buying. Said it's pretty, but not as fast as the big three in the class and hard to steer. I haven't heard anything about the two new motorcycles yet. We did not need another sports car.That's such a crowded class I think it should be split into two classes for racing purposes.

• Like 3

I bought both guns, but haven't decided if I care for them or not yet.

I had no idea about you #2 point. That's the best GTA news I've heard in a while. Trying to get together was maddening before.

As for the motorcycle, Son Of Anarchy Melraz got the street bike one - the LCC something or other. It's fast as shit for a street bike and it looks cool. I may buy one.

• Like 2

2. This is great: Let's say Robert is in a room and we all want in there. Instead of waiting for people to leave and hoping we luck into getting in, we can get in line to get into the room and them get a spot when a spot is ready. 

Hell Yeah!  I've been hoping they would do something like that.  Saves us endless frustration if it works right.  Now if they'd just do something about auto-targeting priorities...

• Like 2

Hell Yeah!  I've been hoping they would do something like that.  Saves us endless frustration if it works right.  Now if they'd just do something about auto-targeting priorities...

I haven't seen if it works yet - I ony bought some weapons, shot some NPCs with them and did Extradition with some randoms and then went to bed. Possible change to Extradition - I got to Trevor's airfield to pick up a buzzard, and as soon as I got there, the two jets that are usually there took off. I never saw them again.

Edit: People on GTA Onine are saying the new Shitzou Hakuchou street motorcycle is a worthy foe to the Bati and may even be better. I'll have to see if they start showing up near the top of motorcycle races.

Great more guns for me to have to scroll through since I am too lazy to drop weapons and I must buy everything Amm-U-Nation has to offer

GTA: Uranus.

The new guns line up behind what I consider the best guns on the wheel: LIke in shotguns, I'd dropped everything but the Assault Shotgun and the Musket (which I'd drop in a second if the game would let me, sorry, Dan) and the new shotgun appears third.

I only have the assaullt rifle, I think, and the new rifle shows up second. That's fine.

Dropping weapons, at least on your most-used classes (rifles, machine guns, shotguns and sniper rifles) is key. What the fuck do you need that light sniper for? You will never use it, get rid of it so you don't have to cycle through it to get to the good sniper. Shame you can't sell them for peanuts to AmmuNation, but you can't.

In MGs, I have the combat MG (the only one you need) and that damn Gusenberg sweeper it won't let me throw away. You CAN use the sweeper, but not the combat MG, from some helicopters, so it's kinda handy, and since it's second on the list, I never pull it up accidentally.

First thing I do after a survival is throw away all the guns I accidentally picked up while scouring bodies for dropped money.

I don't think Melraz has dropped his unused weapons either. I know Robert has. I consider this absolutely key, something everyone should've done years ago. Next time you're in a private room, drop them and remember to walk behind them and take a circular path away from them or you'll pick them up again. I know this from experience.

• Like 1

I'm on completely the opposite end of the spectrum, so I'm OCD about always dropping weapons I don't want to use.   It still pisses me off that I can't drop the Gusenberg Sweeper.  I never bought the musket or the fireworks because I knew they would annoy the shit out of me.  I did buy the special carbine, which I still think is the best assault rifle in the game, and the bullpup rifle, which always seems identical to the advanced rifle to me.

Don't know if I'll buy the two new weapons just because of that. If they have any DMs that force those, maybe I'll try them first.

I love the new lcc motorcycle. It's my new go to motorcycle. I'd say of you get it stout it'll be painted chrome. I almost did but had ta go black. I still have all my guns. I have a sickness too. There are guys at work that buys guns and then gets rid of em a month or 2 later. I have every gun I've ever owned. I don't need 3 12 gauge shotguns but I can't just walk outside and throw 2 of em on the ground. I gotta keep all of em real life and in game. I have that weapon wheel down pat to get to my favorites takes less than 4 seconds to get em all in order. The new lil rifle I don't think I'll like it but will hafta try it out in free mode. It seems a lil weak and slow but the cool thing is you can walk with the scope up. The new shotgun is nice especially for low level people that don't have the assault. Me and Burke played a while last night but mostly did missions. It seems with every new update the glitches are numerous. Effin lazers is just that. Like Burke said it was glitched bad maybe if I wouldn'ta crashed into the last buzzard on the first attempt it mighta worked. Golf glitches were hilarious never seen somebody takin a piss on the greens before but hey it happens.

I'm on completely the opposite end of the spectrum, so I'm OCD about always dropping weapons I don't want to use.   It still pisses me off that I can't drop the Gusenberg Sweeper.  I never bought the musket or the fireworks because I knew they would annoy the shit out of me.  I did buy the special carbine, which I still think is the best assault rifle in the game, and the bullpup rifle, which always seems identical to the advanced rifle to me.

Don't know if I'll buy the two new weapons just because of that. If they have any DMs that force those, maybe I'll try them first.

I don't consider then to be completely useless like the musket (sorry, Dan), but they're not horribly useful, either. I predict we'll see a wave of guys using the heavy shotgun in Freemode for a while. I don't believe in using different weaponry for fun. I have my favorites that i use all the time, and the rest are useless.

I hoard money, even though I have more than I need. Every 45 minutes, I'm like "time to sell a car!" I don't really need the $7,000 or so, but damn, gotta do it anyway. I'll be in freemode and have to remind myself to not go after the Simeon car and Kill Target. That's how I made my original bones.

Mel, sorry but the only vehicle worth chroming (it's a must) is the Zentorno. It looks like a Hot Wheels car anyhoo, and that just seals the deal.

GTA Online folk call it a Chentorno. If you have a Z-Type, get the $50,000 gold paint. It looks sharp in gold. I can't imagine any other car looking that good in gold.

In case you don't know how to put pearlescent on any paint job, like matte:

1. Paint the car in whatever color you want (like matte)

2. Go to the Metallic menu and open it up, then back out of the color choice screen.

3  Buy something - I usually buy another color of license plate 'cause they're cheap. You don't even have to put it on, just buy it.

4. Go to Pearlescent in the menu and use whatever Pearlescent paint it should let you use. If this doesn't work, and it tells you that you must have a Metallic spray, start from step 2 and repeat.

A colored pearlescent like red or orange or yellow looks BADASS on a black matte. 

Remember, paint adds nothing to the value of a vehicle if you sell it.

• Like 1

I did not know that. I'll hafta check that paint thing out. The new lcc I think would look good in chrome too. It's gotta lotta chrome look to it stock that you can't paint. (Can't change the tires either) I might paint it just to see it outside of ls customs.

Tried playing a little earlier (wanted to do the weekend playlist but it wasn't letting me). Kept going "Argh! Destiny buttons!" when I tried to kill people but just changed weapon and went into cover. Or when I tried to run and started sneaking.

Game was being weird anyway. Every fastest lap was a World Record again. Did a series of jobs, did an open invite in the lobby to give myself time to go to the toilet, and when I came back it was on the choose vehicle screen but everyone else had left. Then I lost connection on the second lap. I think my Modem's dying already.

Golf glitches were hilarious never seen somebody takin a piss on the greens before but hey it happens.

Thanks for the reminder. I forgot about golf being weird. We were either putting 10 yards to the left of the actual ball, or as he said, pissing in the middle of the greens.

Golf_zps63f392c8.jpg

• Like 2

are you saying that melraz squats to take a leak?  

I'm gonna let that one simmer for a minute

to me it looks like mel is assuming the position to take a shit, with his pants up.

Oh and Stout got on last night about 10 minutes after ya'll logged out,  I felt bad for the missed connection :,( 

Edited by misanthrope304
  • Like 1

Once, months ago, Havoc said to me that LTS's were better than Deathmatches because they had a tactical dimension to them that deathmatches lacked. I replied that the problem was that if someone got a bullshit kill on you in a Deathmatch, you had plenty of opportunity to avenge it, whereas in an LTS, you were stuck watching your teammates screw it up for everyone.

The event weekend playlist, that you have to do if you want the special mask, is five LTS's. They are all best 2 out of 3 matches... so it takes about an hour. Lots of which is spent watching your teammates lose for you after you died in screwy fashion.

The second one is guys on Skyscrapers vs guys in Buzzards. We lost the first round when the last man standing (me) got blown up by a rocket that was nowhere near me... although we would have lost on time limit anyway, because half of their team stayed on the ground. Then in the second round, I get into the back seat of the chopper, planning on parachuting out and shooting them in the back while they were looking up. We fly high up over the skyscraper, the pilot sets off on what would have been a good strafing run if he'd had the sense to use the guns (instead he fired one rocket, missed everyone and took a boatload of bullets to the engine for his trouble), I jump out, and... my parachute doesn't open, and I die from falling onto the roof.

And then I get to watch a bunch of random idiots not know how to fly helicopters for a few minutes. Fucking joy.

Oh and Stout got on last night about 10 minutes after ya'll logged out,  I felt bad for the missed connection :,( 

I was on 15 minutes, maybe 20. They missed nothing.

Last Team Standings oughta be 2 or 3 kills and you're out. I see where some fun little alternative to the deathmatch is needed, but one and you're out may not be it. I still gotta play the playlists 'cause I have a tradition of playing the special playlists. 

Have any of the five or six guys not on Uranus bought one of those ridiculous back bodysuits with the black "bulletproof" helmet and the black Bane-style face mask? Looks ridiculous. I had to go with the sweater, 'cause the body-clinging top made me look a little too much like Batman or something.

I dunno if they're better than the old motorcycle helmets (doubt it), but R* both calls the helmets "bulletproof" and then admits they're not, saying that they only help stop headshots. OK, fine, but are they better than the motorcycle helmets? I rocked my old helmet for months - it's probably glad to see a break from the action.

Anway, I kinda look like some supervillian's hired "ninja" goons, which makes me a perfect candidate for Bane's army or the Taliban. Now it's time to go fight the Taliban's natural enemy, the Hell's Angels.

Have any of the five or six guys not on Uranus bought one of those ridiculous back bodysuits with the black "bulletproof" helmet and the black Bane-style face mask? Looks ridiculous. I had to go with the sweater, 'cause the body-clinging top made me look a little too much like Batman or something.

I uh....uh....no, I.....yeah, ridiculous...

No, I decked myself out in all that stuff. I figure I'll run around like that for a few days and then go back to the Jason mask, jeans, and work boots. I always go back to that look with different shirts for some reason.

I was trying to figure out what I looked like in that getup and couldn't put my finger on it until you said something, but you're right. I look like I just joined Shredder's Foot Clan.

• Like 1