DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

The freaky experiences keep topping themselves this week.  I decided to do one more survival tonight to level up my female character before logging off.  I head over to the boneyard, and get put in a game with two people that are in the same crew as one another.  When we start up, one of them sends me a party invite.  I decide what the hell, plug in my headset and accept.

Turns out I got put in with two girls, probably teenage from the sound of their voices.  They immediately start talking about my character's breasts, and about how horny they are.  It was briefly funny, but hell, I'm a million years old and graduated from teenage girls a couple decades ago.  After a couple minutes of listening to two girls do their best imitation of 12 year old boys, I'd had enough and set my headset down so I could ignore it.  Through it all, we kept playing the survival as normal.

Around round 6 or so I got a lull and decided to unplug my headset, forgetting that the chat sound would switch to the TV.  I've never been so grateful that my wife was asleep clear across the house from the XBOX.  One of them was out for that level, and was making some rather loud, peculiar noises that I'm sure would have raised questions had my wife been around to hear. The resulting frantic search for the mute button took care of that, and I was actually quite happy to fail that survival a couple of rounds later.  Looks like I'll be ignoring all non-crew party invites from now on.

And they say that only dude gamers are creepy!

I tried to join you in a couple of missions when I finally got back online but I kept getting booted because your session was full.

Next time, we'll just create our own session like normal and run missions.

@jstout:  Send me a Friend Invite so that i can bring you into parties if you are online.

Turns out I got put in with two girls, probably teenage from the sound of their voices.  They immediately start talking about my character's breasts, and about how horny they are.  It was briefly funny, but hell, I'm a million years old and graduated from teenage girls a couple decades ago.  After a couple minutes of listening to two girls do their best imitation of 12 year old boys, I'd had enough and set my headset down so I could ignore it.  Through it all, we kept playing the survival as normal.

I'd have traded places with you.

I think you'd be out of luck.  They seemed disappointed that I wasn't actually a woman.

• Like 1

The freaky experiences keep topping themselves this week.  I decided to do one more survival tonight to level up my female character before logging off.  I head over to the boneyard, and get put in a game with two people that are in the same crew as one another.  When we start up, one of them sends me a party invite.  I decide what the hell, plug in my headset and accept.

Around round 6 or so I got a lull and decided to unplug my headset, forgetting that the chat sound would switch to the TV.  I've never been so grateful that my wife was asleep clear across the house from the XBOX.  One of them was out for that level, and was making some rather loud, peculiar noises that I'm sure would have raised questions had my wife been around to hear. The resulting frantic search for the mute button took care of that, and I was actually quite happy to fail that survival a couple of rounds later.  Looks like I'll be ignoring all non-crew party invites from now on.

And they say that only dude gamers are creepy!

I tried to join you in a couple of missions when I finally got back online but I kept getting booted because your session was full.

Next time, we'll just create our own session like normal and run missions.

@jstout:  Send me a Friend Invite so that i can bring you into parties if you are online.

I'll be online all evening till very late, but I won't always be at the machine.  My wife herniated a disk in her neck, and I'm taking care of her.  I can't always tell her to wait for my help while I finish a mission.

Supposed to take off for a couple hours to go shooting with my father today.  We'll see if that improves my shooting in the game.  The reverse definitely doesn't hold true.

If we have a gigantic party again tonight, we may have to divide and conquer.  I don't want Rippa to just be the designated target boy every session, so I think that he and I may play Tennis for a bit tonight (if we are not shooting Cerberus Troopers) so that I can job out a 5 set match to him in straight sets. 

That way, he can boost his Strength by playing a sport and he will get a 1600 RP bonus on top of the Victory RP because he'll have made the critera to get a couple of Platinum medals.  He gains levels, he unlocks more guns and shit, he does not feel so useless when we are working higher tier missions or shooting at each other in general.

Man, Rob.  I am sorry to hear about your wife.  I hope she gets better.  Neck and back injuries are nothing to fuck around with, so you be where you need to be, man.  Your spot in the crew will always be there.

So, my personal best Kill/Death ratio is now 5.0. Although that's wrong because of division by zero. Did one of those locked & pickups, Team 2 vs 2, 10 minutes 10 kills. My partner got 5 kills and 2 deaths. I got 5 kills and no deaths, and picked up nothing but regular pistols. I had thought that going 11-4 yesterday was impressive (in a team first to 20), but then I outdid it :)

In other news, I keep joining random Deathmatches to try and get extra Advanced Rifle kills*, because one blue gun isn't enough blue guns. And my Heavy Sniper is still black somehow.

* I created a Deathmatch called Peekaboo with Rifles to try and grind out extra ones easily. Nobody ever joins it.

If we have a gigantic party again tonight, we may have to divide and conquer.  I don't want Rippa to just be the designated target boy every session, so I think that he and I may play Tennis for a bit tonight (if we are not shooting Cerberus Troopers) so that I can job out a 5 set match to him in straight sets. 

I don't mind being thrown in the deep end and muddling along. Granted I feel bad in any team matches we do because generally whoever is partnered with me has somewhat of a handicap.

As I said - things kinda clicked in the one Capture mission we did after you crapped out. I had 6 kills and even managed to return a briefcase once. 

It is just a matter of me getting more familiar with the controls and what you are supposed to do in each mission (and getting to the point I unlock an assault rifle). The biggest problem is I have barely touched the single player in a bit so I am relearning control schemes on the fly... or totally confusing ME3 and Borderlands control schemes with GTA

That being said - I do need to do some of my missions that are just like 1-2 players just to clear them out of my queue.

If we have a gigantic party again tonight, we may have to divide and conquer. I don't want Rippa to just be the designated target boy every session, so I think that he and I may play Tennis for a bit tonight (if we are not shooting Cerberus Troopers) so that I can job out a 5 set match to him in straight sets.

I don't mind being thrown in the deep end and muddling along. Granted I feel bad in any team matches we do because generally whoever is partnered with me has somewhat of a handicap.

As I said - things kinda clicked in the one Capture mission we did after you crapped out. I had 6 kills and even managed to return a briefcase once.

It is just a matter of me getting more familiar with the controls and what you are supposed to do in each mission (and getting to the point I unlock an assault rifle). The biggest problem is I have barely touched the single player in a bit so I am relearning control schemes on the fly... or totally confusing ME3 and Borderlands control schemes with GTA

That being said - I do need to do some of my missions that are just like 1-2 players just to clear them out of my queue.

Bad news: doing those missions doesn't clear them, they'll just keep popping up until you outlevel them.

I hear ya.  Evertime I transition back to ME3, I try to take cover with the Right Bumper and end up firing off a power.

We will clear some of those 1-2 person missions out of your queue but you'll keep getting them until you outlevel them.  Some sports will build up your Strength that will eventually lead to a Health Point Bonus and a bit more damage resistance. 

Once we unlock better Body Armor, the asault rifles, and the sniper rifles for you, it will be a different world

Milk

Bread

Toilet paper

Large fries

pie

large coffee

Edit: And it's not that I don't accept party invites, I was just in the heat of mortal combat with some player dinks with RUkered and melraz and needed to stick around and TCB, baby. Plus we were in a 3-hour golf game where I lost by I think (no joke) 12 strokes in nine holes. Not good.

Have you guys ever chatted on the main channel of the game instead of XBox live? It's hilarious. Some guy sang me a song on the ukelele last night about how much he loves me.

And I hate that school's back in session, 'cause there's nothing better than playing the game with 12-year-olds at 4 in the morning. I was asking one if he had a big sister who was over 18, he says "yeah, she works at Hooters." A friend of mine friends him on Facebook, and sure enough, he has two hot sisters and a hot mom. 

• Like 2

I'm up to a Level 28. I got paired up with a Level 4 on a mission, so I decided to let him have the glory.

When we got to the package location, I got out and killed all of the Thugs and covered him as he sped off and delivered the package.

When it came time to pick the next mission I waited and let him pick. He went with Last Team Standing, but no one else was on to join us. So I let him collect all of the guns and armor, and then ran in front of him so he could kill me and get the RP.

Then for the next choice he picks a race, and that's when I decided it was time to get serious and win one...

He won anyway.

Never underestimate the guy with the low ranking, Reggie.  I played Golf yesterday with two rank 400ish guys and the guy from France tapped out after I eagled on Hole 4 after I put my first shot right in the trees.

The other guy finished the match but gave me Negative Rep Points for Unsportsmanlike Conduct after I beat him -6 to -3.

I have also gotten my ass kicked in LTS by dead eyed players barely out of their teens.  Probably because that is their back-up mule and their actual character ls Rank 999 or something.

Semi-brief summary of my past two weeks of play.

I'm still trying to drag out the storyline stuff, so I've started playing tennis and winning. Played a few rounds of golf. Done lots of yoga and triathlons.

Been eaten by at least two sharks. Ran over one shark. Completed the sonar missions, which was fun until the dinghi motor started the boat going backwards numerous times one day.  

Went online and tried to join a race, but left after at least 5 players started talking about "white boy" and wouldn't actually start the race. Not sure what that was about.

At some point, I'll probably actually do a mission in the storyline.  I think all I've done is the prelude robbery and a repossession for Simeon.  Poor Franklin has $328, and I'm really getting tired of the cutscene where his ex is yelling at him every time I start up the game

JT explained to me the concept of "kill or be killed" in GTA. Poor poor random dude who was going to probably rob me last night.

See this shit doesn't happen in ME3

Yeah, if you don't know them (not friends or crew, not someone you've played with before) and they approach you, it's safe to assume they're not delivering a pizza.

J.T.: I forget your gamer name. Whoever from the crew wants to, send me a friend invite to jstout423.

Found out last night that RUkered's buddy melraz (a crew member but not a poster), who's backed me up in some serious trouble online, lives about 10 minutes from me. That was a trip. If you see him online, he's a pro with that sniper rifle. 

Edit: Anyone have a bunch of trouble staying on last night? I kept getting network errors. Even when I'd manage to get on, it would usually spawn me in an empty room, then that would last about 5 minutes before another network error.

The only serious time I spent in a room with people was only me and four other folks, and two of them had tanks. I put it in passive mode, but couldn't get up off the ground before getting run over. I'd respawn, get run over, respawn, get run over. I just had to leave. I'm sorry for anyone who likes them, but those tanks have got to go. Keep 'em in deathmatches if that's your bag, but they're ruining what little fun that can be had in Freemode.

JT explained to me the concept of "kill or be killed" in GTA. Poor poor random dude who was going to probably rob me last night.

Hey, I had to shoot him before he shot us.  I have dropped out of too many missions on public servers and gotten ganked by my former co-conspirators.

It wouldn't have to be like that if everyday weren't impromptu deathmatch day.

I finally saw what happens to Bad Sports last night. 

My not quite so off again but not quite on again girlfriend arrived at my crib last night (she came to get her stuff last night, but we talked on the phone about an hour after I logged off and are not so angry at each other anymore) when I was in a golf match and I actually saw a player wearing a dunce cap.

I think he gave me a Rep ding for quitting early when I dropped out of the match so that my girl and I could talk.  Asshole.  I was winning -3 to Even.

I switched to Mass Effect 3 after that.  I needed to shoot Cerberus Troopers in the head.

A tale of good will now.

I was messing around free roam when I noticed one dude was spawn killing another over and over again. I checked them out, and the killer was a rank 100+ and the dude getting his ass handed to him was level 13. I thought "that ain't right" and I went over there. Turns out level 100 dude had a tank, 13 was running away. I beeped the horn and he got in. I took him round the corner and hid. The tank was ready to pounce any moment. I got out and whipped out the RPG, waited for that tank to come round the corner. It did and overshot it slightly, getting stuck between a hundred cop cars and a building. I fired off a few swift rounds and the tank blew.

Then I got shot by the cops and died.

Few minutes later, tank dude puts a 9k bounty on lvl13 guy. What's his deal? Anyway, just as I see that a car pulls up beside me and honks his horn, it's lvl13. He didn't forget about me.

• Like 2

That is a pretty awesome story!  I have had a couple of decent experiences with random players (I have a budding golf rivalry with a girl named Julia in Chicago after I helped her get through that stupid helicopter mission for Lester) but I tend to be distrustful of people on public servers. 

Until Rockstar does something about random tards and griefers, I will continue to shoot first and often and ask for forgiveness later.

I heard that the Rockstar Cloud servers were having issues last night right after I logged off to slaughter Reapers with Rippa and El Dragon.