DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Once crew, always crew.

So you say.

Same dealie as last night.  I am helping my daughter with a school project via Skype, so I won't be online until around 7PM EST.  If only Mark & I are on, then we will job out some races to each other to unlock more vehicle mods and maybe get in some darts or take it to the shooting range.

If Phil is on, it will be physical traning time to build up his Strength and Stamina so we will play golf and tennis and try to find a cycle race.  Far less stressful than missions or other jobs.

You guys are so dull at this game. Missions. Who the fuck does missions any more?

How would you know what people do? You're never on. Even Gonzalez has been on more than you, and I've not seen him since like October.

(reads more of the thread) You're not crew. That's it, someone change his name to Fat English Traitor. He definately deserves it now.

Because this thread is basically "hey everyone here's a recap of the mission we all just played together"

We had a two hour delay. It was nine degrees this morning at 7AM with a wind chill of about minus five.

Safety Tuesday rolls on. Fire Safety briefing after lunch.

Not surpisingly, ours was about hypothermia and frostbite.

You guys are so dull at this game. Missions. Who the fuck does missions any more?

How would you know what people do? You're never on. Even Gonzalez has been on more than you, and I've not seen him since like October.

(reads more of the thread) You're not crew. That's it, someone change his name to Fat English Traitor. He definately deserves it now.

Because this thread is basically "hey everyone here's a recap of the mission we all just played together"

Okay, so it is not cool to talk about shit you do in GTA5 with the GTA5 crew in the GTA5 thread.  Gotcha...

I fail to see what's wrong with that since it is all in the context of the game, especially if it generates discussion about mission strategy.

That's right.   I forgot that missions and people who do missions are dull.  I should be racing or sniping people from rooftops instead.

I'm not angry, man.  That would imply that something that was said made me care enough to cause me to lose my temper.

@ 360 dudes: I will be on a bit later than I said I would.  Have to roll by my 'rents house to assemble a china cabinet before rolling home to help my kid with her project. 

I am cool with ME3 or even Borderlands 2 (Aaron must hate me), but some GTA Online would also be super since I am like half a level from unlocking the Advanced Rifle and that is one of the few weapons I am actually looking for to getting.  I am up for tackling a Survival mission at Boneyard for guys that don't have that achivement unlocked yet. 

I am also good with an all-sports agenda.  It has been ages since I played darts or competed in a shooting challenge.

Lester keeps giving me the On Maneuvers mission now instead of the mission we tried last night.   I hope that either last night's mission or Base Invaders pops into my queue again sometime or I am going call Lester or Ron to see if either one of those guys gives me those jobs again.  

I would like to succeed in at least one raid on Fort Zancudo before I beat the story mission, stop playing this game forever and ever, and move on to the XBone.

Lester can eat a bag of dicks.  His missions are too much effort with too little payoff.  Usually the only ones I do now are for Martin.

I did do one for Gerald yesterday where you have to go to the big satellite dishes in the desert to rob a coke shipment.  Being able to call in a Buzzard made things a lot easier since I could just auto target all the snipers and use rockets to kill them.

As for Fort Zancudo, I did one mission with some random guy and we cleared it first time through.  I don't know if it was glitched or what, but I was able to land an airplane and just basically walk around the place until we started shooting.

Lester can eat a bag of dicks. His missions are too much effort with too little payoff. Usually the only ones I do now are for Martin.

I did do one for Gerald yesterday where you have to go to the big satellite dishes in the desert to rob a coke shipment. Being able to call in a Buzzard made things a lot easier since I could just auto target all the snipers and use rockets to kill them.

As for Fort Zancudo, I did one mission with some random guy and we cleared it first time through. I don't know if it was glitched or what, but I was able to land an airplane and just basically walk around the place until we started shooting.

Have you done Extradition yet? It pops up every day for me, but its 1-6 and our crew has not tried it yet.

Thundercats is crew, but I was sorta hoping he'd remember he was crew and shoot at the non-crew guys in the race so that someone from our crew would win the race. Oh well..

My bad if it seemed like I was being an asshole when it comes to the races.  I've been trying to level up to level 70 for the past week and a half so I was out for blood for anyone who got in my way of the maximum RP!!!

Thundercats is crew, but I was sorta hoping he'd remember he was crew and shoot at the non-crew guys in the race so that someone from our crew would win the race. Oh well..

My bad if it seemed like I was being an asshole when it comes to the races.  I've been trying to level up to level 70 for the past week and a half so I was out for blood for anyone who got in my way of the maximum RP!!!

No harm, no foul.   You need to send Friend invites to us so that you can race and do whatever with the 360 Crew.  If we see you online, we can pull you into our session and we will either pull jobs or play sports until you rank up.

Lester can eat a bag of dicks.  His missions are too much effort with too little payoff.  Usually the only ones I do now are for Martin.

I did do one for Gerald yesterday where you have to go to the big satellite dishes in the desert to rob a coke shipment.  Being able to call in a Buzzard made things a lot easier since I could just auto target all the snipers and use rockets to kill them.

As for Fort Zancudo, I did one mission with some random guy and we cleared it first time through.  I don't know if it was glitched or what, but I was able to land an airplane and just basically walk around the place until we started shooting.

Lester can eat a bag of dicks. His missions are too much effort with too little payoff. Usually the only ones I do now are for Martin.

I did do one for Gerald yesterday where you have to go to the big satellite dishes in the desert to rob a coke shipment. Being able to call in a Buzzard made things a lot easier since I could just auto target all the snipers and use rockets to kill them.

As for Fort Zancudo, I did one mission with some random guy and we cleared it first time through. I don't know if it was glitched or what, but I was able to land an airplane and just basically walk around the place until we started shooting.

Have you done Extradition yet? It pops up every day for me, but its 1-6 and our crew has not tried it yet.

It is for 1-6 but I think that you and I are the highest level guys.   I think that rate of success would be better if we ran with Rank 40 to Rank 70 guys in that mission because we'd all have decent weapons, super heavy armor, and higher HP.

I think we could run Base Invaders if Dragon flew Ron's plane in low and got as close to the fighters as possible.   Then we have two crew members take out the fighter jets while the other two guarded Ron's plane and try to keep soldier response to a minimum. If we all called Merryweather for air support or called in an airstrike, that would help blunt the Army response.. 

Then if we survived all of that, the first team takes the Cargobob while the other two fly Ron's plane out and we all just go low under radar over the ocean until we shake off the Wanted levels.

The tough part is that the soldiers have MG's and Carbines that can take you out quickly and Rhinos will respond if the Wanted level elevates.

Some of Lester's missions are dirt simple and the payday isn't that bad.  I was surprised by how easy Hack & Dash and the Parking Garage scenarios were.  I'm a pretty decent wheelman so i usually shake off the three star wanted level in Hack & Dash without getting one scratch on either of the FiB vehicles, and it is easy to ambush the enemies that show up after you swipe the documents in Parking Garage because they drive right into a crossfire while you have elevated line of sight.

I usually hate Madrazzo's missions because they either turn into deathtraps (I hate the one where you have to kill the lawyer at his house and the cops arrive after the first shot is fired) or they have me chasing down someone through half the state like in some of Simeon's repo jobs.

I'm off all week, so I'm doing a bunch of missions with random people to level up.  Don't know if there's a full moon in the game or something, but I have run into a string of dumbass.

Got stuck into the mission where you have to interrupt a deal out by the ocean, grab a cargobob and pick up the container.  Everything went fine.  We took out the crew, and did the pickup.  One of the crew is sitting on top of a hill and shoots down the damn helicopter with a RPG.

Right after that I got into a mission stealing weed for Trevor with 2 other people.  Again, everything works fine till we get to his trailer.  One of the other two parks his car right in front of the garage.  The guy driving the van we stole starts lobbing grenades at him.  Eventually they manage to take out one guy's personal car and the van, failing the mission.

Last night was the worst though, doing the mission where you steal two cars from the playboy mansion with a crew of 4.  Everybody has to go to the gate at the same time, and one person would not move at all.  For some reason that mission requires everybody to be at the gate together before you can progress.  The rest of us got pissed and started throwing explosives at out teammate.  At that point she starts screaming at some guy who's in the room with her, but not in our party.  He starts screaming back at her, calling her a stupid n*****.  That goes on for a while till somebody manages to take her out and she quits out.  The the guy that's hacking the gate can't get it to work.  He tries for like 10 minutes, but can't do it.  I tried to take over, but it wouldn't let me try.  The third guy starts beating the cars we're supposed to be stealing with a baseball bat.  After about 15 minutes total, I finally said fuck this, stuck satchel charges on both cars, and blew us all sky high.  First time I've ever been happy to fail a mission, just to get the hell out of there.

It is for 1-6 but I think that you and I are the highest level guys.   I think that rate of success would be better if we ran with Rank 40 to Rank 70 guys in that mission.

I think we could run Base Invaders if Dragon flew Ron's plane in low and got as close to the fighters as possible.   Then we have two crew members take out the fighter jets while the other two guarded Ron's plane and try to keep soldier response to a minimum. If we all called Merryweather for air support or called in an airstrike, that would help blunt the Army response.. 

Then if we survived all of that, the first team takes the Cargobob while the other two fly Ron's plane out and we all just go low under radar over the ocean until we shake off the Wanted levels.

The tough part is that the soldiers have MG's and Carbines that can take you out quickly and Rhinos will respond if the Wanted level elevates.

It's not that difficult actually. Fly low, land near the hangar. Have one guy snipe a path to the chopper for the other, both fly out. Done. 2 People.

It is for 1-6 but I think that you and I are the highest level guys.   I think that rate of success would be better if we ran with Rank 40 to Rank 70 guys in that mission.

Some of Lester's missions are dirt simple and the payday isn't that bad.  I was surprised by how easy Hack & Dash and the Parking Garage scenarios were.  I'm a pretty decent wheelman so i usually shake off the three star wanted level in Hack & Dash without getting one scratch on the FIB Buffalo and it is easy to ambush the enemies that show up after you swipe the documents in Parking Garage because they drive right into a crossfire while you have elevated line of sight.

I usually hate Madrazzo's missions that turn into deathtraps or have me chasing down someone through half the state like in some of Simeon's repo jobs.

I've got a level 120+ guy that I can throw in for that mission.  I'm mainly playing my secondary character, but I can dust off the high level dude for that.

I was messing around with my mate earlier and found out I could walk under the water on the seabed. I wasn't affected by lack of oxygen or crush depth. So I had a look around down there.

I went to the Lost hatch, stood on top of it but couldn't do anything to it. Sticky bombs fell right through it. Somebody taps on the window in a tune I couldn't recognise, and that was pretty freaky.

My phone and camera worked down there so I was able to take some pics. Even a selfie with the underwater UFO.

5lnlgp.jpg

o57zoh.jpg

295y0lu.jpg

• Like 1