DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 7/30/15

victor

Dark match: Fandango defeated Adam Rose with a brain buster.

* Dark match: Big Cass & Enzo Amare defeated Heath Slater & Brad Maddox.

* Seth Rollins opens tonight’s SmackDown tapings talking about John Cena. Cesaro interrupts.

* Seth Rollins vs. Cesaro ended in a no contest when Kevin Owens attacked Cesaro. After the match, Owens and Rollins attacked Cesaro.

* Lucha Dragons and Los Matadores defeated The New Day and The Ascension.

* Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper cut a backstage promo. Harper said he now has a purpose thanks to Bray. Wyatt said that he is willing to do anything to remove the devil from inside Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. He’s here for them.

* Hot Summer and Rusev discuss what happened on RAW with Lana and the Fish.

* Rusev defeated Jack Swagger.

* Stardust defeated R-Truth. After the match, Stardust cuts a promo on Truth.

* Cesaro & Dean Ambrose defeated Kevin Owens & Seth Rollins. This concluded the taping

I'm hoping Vince was impressed enough with Becky that they're going to give her a singles match with Nikki on a bigger show.

I sort of thought that was what they were building to. Becky beats Nikki here and goes for the belt in a rematch at Summerslam.

Since this seems to be the bare bones spoilers, I'm going to assume they do some backstage deal explaining why theres no match. Maybe Nikki pulls a power play and says Becky hasn't beaten anyone to face her. I mean I would hope they do that.

Apparently after Rusev won he went to continue to beat on Swagger but Swagger got the Patriot Lock on to "a big pop"

I mean I loved that feud the first time around so I dont mind more matches but it does seem rather random

I would be more interested in watching this if there would be a divas match.

(My Summerslam fantasy booking is Sasha/Nikki as non-title champion / champion, but have Sasha lose at Takeover so she has storyline justification to win extra-vicious and set up a title match later on. )

• Like 1

I wonder if the Swagger stuff was for the local fans. So when SD! airs the segment will end with Ruse getting his hand raised

It would make sense

But Rusev can only meander around waiting for Ziggler to return for so long

A brief mini-feud with Swagger isn't the worst thing in the world

Nothing says women's revolution quite like Brie Bella matches on Main Event. If they do a one on one match for the diva title at Summer Slam it'll be Nikki/Charlotte even though Charlotte has clearly been the third best call up. Are they even going to run another angle for this feud or is it just one angle, and a million matches with largely unestablished characters?

Sasha has been there two weeks, and has a more defined character than the rest of the division.

I'm guessing that Nikki got the night off to be with Cena since he's clearly going to need some surgery to fix his destroyed nose.

This sounds like the correct answer. They could have at least subtituted someone else not that it matters, this show is being treated like a lame duck show since it's leaving SyFy soon. They spent very little time with these last shows on SyFy.

Any title match at SummerSlam will be a foregone conclusion until Nikki's reign passes 296.

Friday marks Day 250 so the earliest she would lose it would be the Sept PPV (and might have to beyond that depending on the date)