DVDVR Message Board

Кубок Mира 2018 (World Cup '18)

Death From Above

Portugal continues to have no game plan. Just relying on individual plays and prayers. So much talent wasting away. Thank you based Ronaldo.

Argentina is in the same boat, but Messi was not feeling it today. 

My envy for Spain and Germany Federation/Association knows no bounds.

• Like 1

It took Mark Lawrenson 30 minutes to chastise Paul Pogba for having the audacity to have a haircut when he should have been on 'concentrating on his football.'

Look, I'm a United fan, I get that Pogba has been disappointing at times considering his price tag but this old as fuck anorak cardigan wearing shite from miserable old farts like Lawrenson who think because he visits a barber and dances on Instagram means he'll never be a player is absolute shite talk. I kinda want him to become the best player in the world just to spite old fucks like Lawrenson who is a guy who gets paid thousands to travel the world to watch football and makes it sound like a fucking burden. Cheer up, pal, you have one of the best jobs in the world. 

Anyway, Spain/Portugal was a bonafide classic, the other matches, so far, for the most part...not so much. But there's still time.

• Like 4

I just had surgery so I get to chill out and watch all the games on Telemundo. I prefer Telelmundo because I don't know what they're saying and I can just enjoy the sport. 

Serbian game was okay. Serbs looked good and their goal off the free kick was fucking pretty. Wasn't impressed with the Costa Rican play at all.

Looking forward to Mexico/Germany. I've always enjoyed the German teams of the past.

• Like 1

I joined my girlfriend watching Germany vs Mexico. Not a good first half for the German Team. Mexico could have easily had one or two goal more.

There were multiple chances mirroring the situation before the goals. Lots of miscommunications, horizontal passing inside our own Box, short clearances into the middle. Only hope is that we still somehow managed to create opportunities. 

Odio el futbol. Odio Guillermo Ocho. Que chingue su Madre Guillermo Ochoa, one of the most overrated keepers in the world! 

I was expecting Germany to make mincemeat out of Ochoa like Chile did in Copa America. But it looked like Germany had Arsenal Özil on the pitch, not good.

• Like 1

Second half only marginally better. Mostly in the late game, when Reus, Brandt and Gomez imprinted themselves onto the game. Werner was abysmal, Kroos had two good shots and was a liability besides those. 

Mexico totally deserved the three points today. But you guys should try to be more clinical on the break. Lots of surefire goals wasted. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ReiseReise said:

Mexico totally deserved the three points today. But you guys should try to be more clinical on the break. Lots of surefire goals wasted. 

This is one of the reasons I am not a fan of Javier Hernandez. As a poacher, he does not have the ability to play make and finish those goals in those situations like Messi and Ronaldo do.

Man, I love the Mexican fans. Imagine their reaction if they get to that magic elusive 5th game. 

And some people wonder why we love football so much.

World Cup doesn't proper start until Brazil play, I know they're the favourites to win it but the major advantage they have this time is that David fucking Luiz isn't playing centre half for them. 

18 hours ago, Happ Hazzard said:

Why on earth is Cesaro upset? He's Swiss, not German. His boys just pulled off a draw with Brazil

Cesaro has stated that his other favorite team is Germany

29 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Cesaro has stated that his other favorite team is Germany

He started out wrestling in Germany and has quite a few friends there. It kind of does make sense he is rooting for them.

England starting the tournament with a late win might be just what they needed for their campaigne. Psychologically important I'd say.