DVDVR Message Board

Кубок Mира 2018 (World Cup '18)

Death From Above

That lineup is horrible. 

GK - Goldberg- all Keepers should be named Goldberg

RB - Kofi - fast, agile, good low gravity. Use him as a Wingback

CD - Danny Burch

CD - Oney Lorcan

Those two protecting your middle would be amazing. Think of them as Portman & Fulton from The Mighty Ducks

LB- Balor - quick, has good feet, plenty of stamina for a Wingback 

BBM - Rollins - he can win you balls in the midfield, and his endurance is off the charts so he can go the full 90 running up & down the pitch

CM (De)- Pete Dunne- just let him loose in the midfield and have him instill fear into everyone with his tenacity 

WM(R) - Tyler Bate - solid all rounder. Good person to have on attack and who can track back on defense 

WM(L) - Jack Gallagher- Finesse driven. I'd look at him being a Wide Playmaker. Should be able to put in some beautiful crosses.

AF - Kalisto - small in stature, but something tells me he'd be able to pinball his way through a defensive line or find an open channel with his speed or find a Target Man to dump a shirt pass off on. 

Complete Forward- Cesaro- incredible endurance, not afraid to challenge defenders, knows how to finish, good heading ability as he's not afraid to take one off the noggin. 

• Like 3

I hope you sent something like that to them so they can be schooled on how to book a fantasy team.  And those are some great picks.  I would probably add Rusev as a substitute (not sure what position though) so he can come in and have a crack at it late in the match.  Sheamus obviously knows futbol but even for substitute I wouldn't know where to put him.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I hope you sent something like that to them so they can be schooled on how to book a fantasy team.  And those are some great picks.  I would probably add Rusev as a substitute (not sure what position though) so he can come in and have a crack at it late in the match.  Sheamus obviously knows futbol but even for substitute I wouldn't know where to put him.

I originally had Sheamus & Rusev as the CD's.. but both are so lumbering that I knew I'd get killed on the counter.

On a side note... I think I've finally acknowledge d publically my Football Manager addiction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

You could go with a Sweeper. Sheamus would fair well there as he wouldn't have to cover too much and essentially just sit behind the CD's.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Between seeing Putin and the Saudi head with the FIFA president yesterday and this I'm so damn close to checking out on the whole fucking thing.  I hate mentioning political stuff with sports but when but stuff like this makes it hard not to.  I just want to see great futbol played by the best in the world but we get this.

Fuck it, I'll do the Panini sticker game and create my own World Cup tournament on FIFA 18.  Would be a much better time than dealing with the realities of the situation.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

This is objectively terrible.

This team would clearly be the team that should have qualified for the knockouts on paper but flamed out with an 0-3 group phase due to internal drama and lack of chemistry, mostly because the manager is a lame duck.  Fired before the tournament, effective at the end of the tournament, by the head of the WWE Football Federation

giphy.gif

for not starting Roman. ;) 

Reading the results I had - in my mind - my dad running down the Hattrick... 

"EVERYONE can score a PEN." 

"This was just the keeper fucking up." 

"Others have scored those freekicks aswell!" 

He would have followed it up with "[Insert random dude on the pitch] was as good as Ronaldo, maybe even better!" I love my dad and his irrational ways of dealing Cristianos career performances. 

Just saw Penaldo's dive to set up the first goal. Pretty clear dive on replay, but that's a call he gets from La Liga refs consistently throwing himself on opponent's leg. The free kick was mad, though.

Goal of the day for me IMO was the Moroccan own goal to gift wrap a win for Iran. The first half was entertaining, second half was very sloppy with lots of would and injuries.

3 hours ago, ReiseReise said:

Reading the results I had - in my mind - my dad running down the Hattrick... 

"EVERYONE can score a PEN." 

"This was just the keeper fucking up." 

"Others have scored those freekicks aswell!" 

He would have followed it up with "[Insert random dude on the pitch] was as good as Ronaldo, maybe even better!" I love my dad and his irrational ways of dealing Cristianos career performances. 

Very similar to LeBron haters.