DVDVR Message Board

HULK HOGAN DUMPSTER FIRE THREAD

On behalf of Bad News Brown and myself, I would like to say Fuck Roddy Piper.

Holy shit I've never seen that interview before. 

That's one that as a kid I thought "oh cool he painted himself half black" and as I get older and learn more about it I hate myself for ever enjoying it.

• Like 2

Guys, I really don't think this is a big deal, Hulk Hogan isn't racist. I mean, according to my sources orange is the new black!

I'll see myself out.

this got my last like for the day, glad it could be the one.

You know, WWE is missing an opportunity to have a live sit-down out of character interview with Terry Bollea* on Monday's show. Seriously. 

Have Renee do it. Advertise it as a news event that "isn't a part of our scheduled entertainment." Put it in the main event spot as a backstage interview where Renee has an uncensored talk with Hogan complete with explanation, apology etc. etc. etc. 

I *think* it would pop a great number. The WWE is gonna get killed off this anyway for a week or so so why not use it. When Hogan does begin the rehabilitation tour, someone is gonna get that first interview, may as well keep it in-house.

*not doing the smark real name thing. I mean, advertise him as under his real name. Establish it as not an angle and not some pro wrestling gimmick and I think it could play.  

• Like 1

No one probably remembers it, but I recall in incident during his TNA days where he called into Bubba the Love Sponge's radio show and basically denigrated and made sexist remarks toward Awesome Kong.  This was after Bubba was "fired" from TNA for pranking her and using racist remarks against Kong.  Hogan was still friends with them and did his show after that.  

Just saying, he basically said horrendous disgusting things about Awesome Kong and there was virtually not a peep about that.  He was probably getting paid a lot by TNA at the time as well.

What WAS Bubba's plan, though?

Tell Hogan he could have sex with his wife, then secretly record the act and Hogan saying evil shit afterwards for the purposes of blackmail? Was Heather in on this? Was this a scam they had?

You know, WWE is missing an opportunity to have a live sit-down out of character interview with Terry Bollea* on Monday's show. Seriously. 

Have Renee do it. Advertise it as a news event that "isn't a part of our scheduled entertainment." Put it in the main event spot as a backstage interview where Renee has an uncensored talk with Hogan complete with explanation, apology etc. etc. etc. 

I *think* it would pop a great number. The WWE is gonna get killed off this anyway for a week or so so why not use it. When Hogan does begin the rehabilitation tour, someone is gonna get that first interview, may as well keep it in-house.

*not doing the smark real name thing. I mean, advertise him as under his real name. Establish it as not an angle and not some pro wrestling gimmick and I think it could play.  

Hulk: I did something hideous. Something disgusting. Something that will embarrass me for as long as I live. Something no fan can ever forgive me for.

Renee: We already know about the TNA run, Hulk.

• Like 7

WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper was asked about the Hulk Hogan situation during his appearance on Rich Eisen's DirecTV Audience Network talk show on Friday. Piper said he's been fired by Vince McMahon five times. "It is an honor," Piper cracked. Piper started talking about how he is a family man and said his son is his best friend. He spoke about playing the bagpipes and placing fifth in the world.

"When I would go into Madison Square Garden, I wasn't the most popular guy," Piper said. "Madison Square Garden there's 16,000 Puerto Ricans with knives and great radios and stuff... They pick it up from L.A. ...and that's how they got it, and that's how they knew that I was there." He said fans saw him wearing the kilt at MSG they chanted homophobic slurs at him. Piper was all over the place and told a story about going into a Mexican restaurant that had a gringo burger.

Eisen asked him what his point was regarding the Hogan story. "That's a good question," Piper said with a laugh. "My point is that, boy, you guys are sensitive. Hang on. I know people who have to get up to walk five miles for water first thing in the morning. I'm just saying this literally happens to me my whole life.

"With Hulkster, I don't agree with all his choices, you know what, I don't hear people saying all the great things he does. When he was on the Wheaties' Box, all those kids that said their prayers and took their vitamins. I don't hear them saying that. They just want to nail this." Piper started talking about a little boy in jail and then how Brooke Hogan's name isn't Brooke Hogan. "I just think it is a little... I think everybody needs to get a life. I don't think that anybody should just go to hurt your feelings for no reason." Piper then veered off into talk about being on the board of Stand For the Silent charity.

Holy shit, Piper with the unironic "What about all the good things Hogan did?" defense... That's even better than the "freedom of speech" and "black friends" pro-Hogan arguments I was expecting from 80s wrestlers (that could still very well happen).