DVDVR Message Board

HULK HOGAN DUMPSTER FIRE THREAD

Has Michael Hayes ever been recorded saying racist stuff??

When you google WWE and racism, Hayes/Henry and Alberto Del Rio are two of the top non-Hogan things that come up.

I imagine lots of outlets are going to be digging into this further.

OMG...a 60-year old Italian guy from Florida, doesn't want his daughter banging black guys so he resorts to calling them slurs?  Sounds like my high school years all over again...

ALSO THIS:

THE CLUES HAVE BEEN THERE ALL ALONG!!!

• Like 3

If only the Hulkster was a mediocre WR on the Eagles, he'd have to go to sensitivity training for a couple of weeks and miss some preseason games. 

I'm only making this mediocre joke because I was all set to make the same joke as Pete but he beat me to the punch. I made it on twitter this morning and everyone no sold it. 

• Like 1

When you google WWE and racism, Hayes/Henry and Alberto Del Rio are two of the top non-Hogan things that come up.

I feel like we say this a lot and it never happens, plus I have a feeling the media doesn't want to shine too much of a light on this in case things get reflected back to them. The reason there can be such a shitshow about this and no one's going to dig further is because it's just a wrestling company. It is enjoyed by about 3 million people (on a good Monday night) and is looked down on as low brow entertainment for stupid people. So the people who generally flip their shit on stuff like this won't because they expect it and figure only a small amount of people actually watch it.

The law of averages indicates he'd have to have been at some point by now.

I recall an early 1983 Terry Gordy promo from WCCW with the Birds: (Re: Iceman) "He not a bad boy, for a boy." Hayes said, "Yeah I'll go along with that!"

First Michael Bay ruins the Transformers, now, this!

My childhood...my broken burning childhood...

At least JJ Abrams is going to save Star Wars for us all.....right?.......right?   Please tell me I'm right?????

KEEP HOPE ALIVE, 3.0!

I feel like we say this a lot and it never happens, plus I have a feeling the media doesn't want to shine too much of a light on this in case things get reflected back to them. The reason there can be such a shitshow about this and no one's going to dig further is because it's just a wrestling company. It is enjoyed by about 3 million people (on a good Monday night) and is looked down on as low brow entertainment for stupid people. So the people who generally flip their shit on stuff like this won't because they expect it and figure only a small amount of people actually watch it.

Sure but the fact that's connected to Hogan makes it an easier story to sell to the masses.

I think WWE would have tried harder to bury this and keep him, if he had anything left in the tank. Why go through public hell for a nostalgia act? Not defending him at all, fuck him, but if its a younger Hogan, the spin cycle comes out first. . . .

First Michael Bay ruins the Transformers, now, this!

My childhood...my broken burning childhood...

Nothing got me quite like the atrocious G.I Joe reboot.

That one....that one hurt me. The wound run far too deep to even mention here.

Snake Eyes...his mask had lips...THE HORROR!

Oh, and fuck Hogan.

I think WWE would have tried harder to bury this and keep him, if he had anything left in the tank. Why go through public hell for a nostalgia act? Not defending him at all, fuck him, but if its a younger Hogan, the spin cycle comes out first. . . .

I agree. They definitely would have done more if this were 1986 Hulk Hogan. I don't think anybody is really giving Vince or WWE any credit for shit.