DVDVR Message Board

Sharknado 3

NikoBaltimore

Surprised there's no topic yet.

Sharknado 3 is my favorite of the series by far.  Not sure if it'll have enough legs to do a fourth one, but this was so fucking entertaining.  It had:

Badass presidents

Iwo Jima pose to kill a shark

Jericho getting eaten

Maryse as a cop

Sasha from Walking Dead ("Could be worse, it could be zombies")

Nova looking soooooo fucking good.  And she's crazier than before somehow.

Hasselhoff the astronaut

SHARKS IN SPACE!!!!

Lightsaber chainsaw!

Shark being used as a safe transport back to Earth!

Tara Reid's character sawing through the shark, and out came the baby

Feel like I'm forgetting things, but holy fuck was this tremendous!

Honestly, I was "meh" on it.   I think the charm might be wearing off.  They're gonna do a 4th one due to the ending, but they're running out of old/B-D list celebs to kill off or cameo in these, and that and product placement seem to be the only real thing keeping it going.  Not sure how they can top The Hoff saving the East Coast with the Star Wars laser and lightsaber Chainsaws, or Sharks being a viable way to reenter the atmosphere either.

I need to find that copy of that "I'm a Badass" song that played when Zierling was doing the Armageddon walk.  Its not on the soundtrack.

Trust me, as soon as I saw her I was hoping it'd be a quick cameo and that's it.  But past that opening scene there's plenty of awesomeness to be had.  Just...try to block her out somehow.  Trust me, I can't stand her as much as you do (I think)

Also, Raziel does make a good point.  The D-list celebs I can put up with, but the product placement was ridiculous.  From Universal to Nascar of all things it did get a bit much.  But it comes with the territory, I guess.  Ian said that a theatre release would ruin the charm of what it is with big budgets and everything.  That's fine, but I hope they don't go damn overboard with the 4th one.

It's one thing to think about it now, but watching it I was and still am forgiving about things like that.  It was over-the-top and insanely fun.

Sharknado 3 was pretty good and all, but we're all sleeping on the preview for Lavantula starring the cast of Police Academy.

That's a fantastic idea right there.

Sharknado 3 was pretty good and all, but we're all sleeping on the preview for Lavantula starring the cast of Police Academy.

That's a fantastic idea right there.

did it air already?

So the latest How Did This Get Made covers Sharknado 3.... and I learned that this is a thing:

http://www.amazon.com/ARCHIE-SHARKNADO-ONE-SHOT-REG/dp/B0110Y33U8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438135561&sr=8-1&keywords=archie+vs+sharknado

The Archie series has done some weird stuff.  A crossover with KISS....which isn't too hard to believe since there was money to be made by Gene.  But there was also an Archie crossover with The Punisher.  The Punisher showed up in Riverdale looking for a criminal who happened to look like Archie. 

I actually have a tattoo of the logo from the book, which is the Punisher logo with Archie's face.