DVDVR Message Board

Worst wrestling card you've attended

cwoy2j

On the heels of the first card you attended thread, what was the worst show you've been to? Let's leave out local yokel promotions and focus on the major feds.

Only one word can sum up the worst card I've attended...Yapapi

I don't remember the full card, but I know the two main matches with the biggest names were Shawn Michaels vs. Bob Backlund for the IC title and the main event was Big Boss Man vs. Nailz in a cage match. I believe a Koko B Ware vs Tim Horner match and Tatanka vs. Repo Man match also helped fill out the card.

I went to a wrestling show in Newhall that had the guy that complained about Demott before WWE picked him up.  He wrestled in Jeff Hardy facepaint and an Edge jacket in the first match.

He left the jacket at ringside.  Nobody picked it up.  Everyone tripped over his fucking jacket the rest of the night.

Demott was probably right this whole time

The one and only Pro Wrestling FUSION show in Elizabeth NJ, the one co-promoted by Evan Karagas and the Maximo's.You know, where the Maximo's put themselves over Ultimo Dragon?  The one where they also advertised Mitsaharu Ogawa and Yoshinaki Misawa.

• Like 1

I almost wonder if Raws should count. I did go to the Higher Power one though. 

I guess... Royal Rumble '99? The undercard was pretty crap.

I really loathe the crowd for that show. You can see the pan over and it shows why we never want the Attitude Era ever again. It just appealed to the worst, self-aggrandizing scum. I mean, not you, but you know.

• Like 2

First one that to mind was the Raw right after New Year's Revolution 07.

The main things I remember were the god-awful "Rosie"/"Donald" match, and segments leading up to it. Also the main event was a sub 2-minute Cena/Khali match. From the results, it doesn't appear I forgot any hidden gems. http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/results/raw/070108.html

I attended a Nitro that was just total crap, really.

The opening was a Vince Russo promo in which he talked about "your hero Bill Goldberg" (Which was confusing to us because he'd been a heel the week before) and it was the day after that "going off script" three-way with Goldberg, Nash and Steiner.

Here's the card

-The Franchise/Reno vs Kidman/Vito

-Lance Storm vs Mike Awesome (With interference from Karl Ouellette and Elix Skipper_

-Jeff Jarrett vs Booker T (With Goldberg interference)

-Karl Ouellette vs Norman Smiley 

-Rey Mysterio/Juventud Guerrera vs Vampiro/Great Muta (With Sting interference)

-Elix Skipper vs Kwee Wee

-Sting vs Vampiro vs The Demon vs Great Muta

The main event was Kevin Nash talking to a cardboard cut-out of Scott Hall until Booker T and Scott Steiner came out and Goldberg gave Midajah a Jackhammer backstage and everyone just kinda sauntered away.

The matches were pretty bad.  The Russo-ness was over-the-top.  The crowd was deflated because Bret Hart had shown up the night before in Vancouver and WCW officials were telling people waiting for tickets that Hart was here tonight and he never showed up.  

But, you know what, I can't complain because I got to see Lance Storm (Who was my favourite wrestler in the world at the time), Mike Awesome, Rey Mysterio, Scott Steiner, Juventud Guerrera and The Great Freakin' Muta live in one evening.

In 2000 I went to a tv taping for a local group in Indianapolis called WCWO (which originally stood for World Championship Wrestling Outlaws but I assume they got a cease & desist letter and so the first W started standing for Wild).  Said taping was held at a Holiday Inn.  I remember very little about the matches, other than the best worker on the show was a 130-pound black kid doing an Urkel gimmick. 

Oh, and there were lots of mullets.  And not just in the ring, either...

Oh, i just remembered that I once went to a Thunder taping that I left after only about an hour in the middle of the show. I think we just walked in without any tickets, walked around the arena while they were shooting the show, watched a few "matches", and decided to leave because it was so bad. I don't remember one match from the event and am pretty sure we finally left while a Kevin Nash promo was going on in the ring. Pretty sure that was also the last time there was any sort of WCW show in the area.

I agree with never wanting the Attitude Era ever again.  It replaced wrestling fans with disrespectful pieces of shit

nWo too

Oh, lord. I went to a taping in San Diego around 2001 with Sweetser and another friend of ours, and we were surrounded by 8 year old children swearing like sailors. We ended up moving to an empty portion of the arena to get away from the obnoxiousness. The only other person sitting in the area? A pre-debut John Cena.

World Wrestling All-Stars

November 27, 2001 - Belfast, Northern Ireland

1.WWA Cruiserweight Champion, Juventud Guerrera, defeated Psicosis.

2.Black Wedding Match: Gangrel defeated Luna Vachon.

3.Hardcore Tables Match: Crowbar defeated Norman Smiley.

4.Brian Christopher defeated Disco Inferno.

5.Nathan Jones & Konnan defeated Lenny Lane & Lodi.

6.Buff Bagwell defeated Stevie Ray.

7.WWA Champion, Jeff Jarrett, defeated Road Dogg.

a few years ago, some friends of mine went to a Raw taping. I wasn't able to go due to other commitments, but i stopped feeling bad about it when they took to calling it "Monday Night Lashley". Apparently Lashley wrestled like four matches that night, and not much else of note happened.

here's the card.

WWE @ Moline, IL - Mark of the Quad - May 21, 2007
Chuck Palumbo defeated Charlie Haas
WWE IC Champion Santino Marella pinned Shelton Benjamin with a roll up
Daniel Rodimer defeated Eugene
Robbie & Rory McAllister defeated two unknowns
Raw - featured an opening in-ring promo by Bobby Lashley in which he challenged ECW World Champion Vince McMahon to face him later in the night; moments later, McMahon appeared alongside Shane McMahon and Umaga and said he would not face Lashley later in the night but would defend the title at One Night Stand - where all matches would be under extreme rules - in a streetfight against the Blue Meanie; Shane then put his father over by noting he had defeated the likes of Steve Austin, the Undertaker, Triple H, Ken Shamrock, Shane, and Stephanie McMahon and accepted on Vince's behalf; Vince then said he would face Lashley but only if Lashley could win a gauntlet match later in the show; included the announcement Saturday Night's Main Event would return June 2; featured a backstage segment in which the Great Khali argued with his translator; included footage of Steve Austin appearing on 'Live with Regis & Kelly,' MTV, Fox News, Howard TV, and other media to promote "The Condemned," with additional comments from Regis Philbin and Sylvester Stallone; featured an in-ring promo by the Great Khali and his translator in which Khali said he had never submitted, he knew his foot was under the rope when the match ended, and the referee screwed him; Khali then said WWE World Champion John Cena was a coward for winning the match the way he did, with Cena then appearing and saying he wasn't scared of Kahli and he could beat him anywhere in the building; after Cena said he wanted a rematch, Khali attacked the champion and hit the tree slam; included the announcement Cena would defend against Khali at One Night Stand in a falls count anywhere match; featured the world premiere of Timbaland and the Hives' "Throw It On Me," featuring Torrie Wilson, Maryse, Kelly Kelly, Brooke, Layla, and Ashley; included an in-ring promo by Randy Orton regarding his win the previous night over Shawn Michaels and whether it might be Michaels' last match:
Ric Flair fought Carlito Caribbean Cool to a double count-out at 4:03 when both men began brawling on the floor; after the bout, Carlito hit the Back Stabber twice outside the ring and then spat apple in Flair's face
Candice Michelle pinned WWE Women's Champion Melina in a non-title match at 2:53 with a roll over after holding onto the ropes to avoid a roll up
Bobby Lashley pinned Chris Masters (mystery opponent) at 3:21 with the spear; prior to the bout, Vince McMahon was shown watching backstage
WWE Raw Tag Team Champions Matt & Jeff Hardy defeated Johnny Nitro & Kenny Dykstra in a non-title match at 2:25 when Jeff pinned Nitro with a sunset flip off the top; after the bout, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas, who sat ringside for the match, as well as Nitro & Dykstra attacked the champions until Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch made the save
Bobby Lashley pinned Viscera (mystery opponent) with the spear at 4:17 after Viscera hit the corner; after the bout, Vince McMahon was shown watching backstage
Bobby Lashley defeated Umaga (mystery opponent) via disqualification at 5:55 after Umaga hit Lashley over the head with a steel chair outside the ring
Bobby Lashley pinned Shane McMahon (w/ ECW World Champion Vince McMahon) (mystery opponent) at 7:12 with a spear as Shane came off the top; due to pre-match stipulations, Lashley earned a title shot against McMahon at One Night Stand; Umaga was in Shane's corner but was sent backstage by Vince at the 2-minute mark to avoid Shane being disqualified for outside interference; after the match, Lashley stared down Vince from inside the ring
Dark match after the show: The Great Khali defeated WWE World Champion John Cena via disqualification when Cena hit a low blow; after the bout, Cena dropped Khali with the FU

I went to this.

is this from the infamous Midlothian Worst Show Ever?  IIRC, either you or Hangman Tim uploaded that entire show to the old board.  It is no coincidence that the old board died as did the hard drive of the computer I downloaded the vid to.  It is the pro wrestling equivalent of the Cursed Videotape from the movie, RING.

GXW's first show in Prince George was pretty horrible.  Not Midlothian bad, but if the guys in the show were any greener, they would've taken in carbon dioxide and produced oxygen.

Second show was light years better because Neil Sharkey is awesome.  It also helps when your main event consists of Da New Bloodz and Standards & Practices beating the shit out of each other.

I also went to a show in Gastonia, NC that was very close to being Midlothian bad.  The dude working the Ricky Morton's cousin gimmick looked more like a Mulkey than he did a Morton.  I paid five American dollars and bought popcorn so there was no way I was walking out before the end of the main event... which had a Brody ending AND a Dusty finish... ugh...

• Like 1

I guess this would be it, considering I've not been to many.

1. UK Pitbulls, Skull Murphy & Thunder vs. Castano Brothers, Flatliner, Paul Tyrell & Adam Angel
2. Drew McDonald vs. Horace Hogan
3. Doug Williams vs. Kerry Cabrero
4. Mark Sloan, James Tighe & Andy Simmons vs. Paul Travell, Jack Xavier & Raj Ghosh
5. Robbie Brookside vs. Guy Thunder
6. Earthquake & Justin Starr vs. Flash Barker & Klondyke Kate
7. Steve Corino vs. Sandman
8. Skull Murphy vs. Tiger Steele
9. Alex Shane vs. Scott Parker
10. Johnny Storm vs. Jody Fleisch
11. Doug Williams vs. Robbie Brookside

I'd have to go with the Raw the night after SummerSlam 2002 at MSG with the godawful HHH-Taker match that finished high in the Observer worst match of the year voting. For major companies I've been pretty fortunate to mostly see good shows.

I agree with never wanting the Attitude Era ever again.  It replaced wrestling fans with disrespectful pieces of shit

Does the Hart Foundation/Steve Austin feud count as Attitude Era?  I've been to some absolutely terrible indy cards.  Especially in the late 90s.   

It does, and I have a specific story.

Apparently at a card at the Pond a fan decided to bring eggs to hit Bret Hart.

He throws an egg and misses and hits some other fans instead in what must have been a horrible throw.  I didn't see it.

I also didn't see the guy's buddy telling him I did it.

But I was a big, scary looking dude.  So I found out about all of this when my friend told me "hey those guys were totally going to fight you until they saw how big you were."

Yeah bro thanks for the heads up

I guess this would be it, considering I've not been to many.

1. UK Pitbulls, Skull Murphy & Thunder vs. Castano Brothers, Flatliner, Paul Tyrell & Adam Angel

2. Drew McDonald vs. Horace Hogan

3. Doug Williams vs. Kerry Cabrero

4. Mark Sloan, James Tighe & Andy Simmons vs. Paul Travell, Jack Xavier & Raj Ghosh

5. Robbie Brookside vs. Guy Thunder

6. Earthquake & Justin Starr vs. Flash Barker & Klondyke Kate

7. Steve Corino vs. Sandman

8. Skull Murphy vs. Tiger Steele

9. Alex Shane vs. Scott Parker

10. Johnny Storm vs. Jody Fleisch

11. Doug Williams vs. Robbie Brookside

So you've never been to a bad wrestling match?

Wasn't there an indy show with a bunch of ECW guys and after a few matches, they stopped the show and Axl Rotten came out and announced that the promoter had fled and stiffed everyone on pay, and they passed around a hat to collect money for the workers?