DVDVR Message Board

Moves that have never been done on The Big Show

Swift

I was thinking about finishing moves last night as you do, and I came up with a pithy line like "It's not a good finishing move if it can't be done on The Big Show" That's not necessarily true, but it got me thinking.

I haven't been watching wrestling for a few years, so some of these moves may indeed have been done on him.

Cesaro's helicopter spin thingy?

A piledriver? A tombstone piledriver? I feel like it must've been done at some stage as he and Taker had a few feuds going on over the years.

Go 2 Sleep surely hasn't been done. Backcracker must be one.

And outside of moves that involve lifting, some submission moves must be cumbersome to put on. Sharpshooter? Lion Tamer?

What else? Let's limit it to WWE type moves, and not throw out the twisting double underhook corkscrew top rope suplex indy stuff.

I really want to say The Undertaker did Tombstone him or Kane did back in 99/2000 before he really started bulking up. Maybe I'm just thinking of when I did it to him in the Smackdown video games. But yeah I would say a Piledriver is the one real thing never done to him.

I don't think he's ever been put in the Sharpshooter (not when Bret was in WCW). Sting's Scorpion Death Lock doesn't count since Sting can barely do it himself. Personally I find it crazy the guy has been superplexed.

Pretty sure there was no Liontamer on Big Show. Definitely not in that Hardcore title match. There was a Walls of Jericho (standard Boston crab) during a Royal Rumble, though. 2004 or 2005 maybe?

You mean the Lungblower?

Hmm...maybe. I remember Quack wrote a special movez issue of one of the Apter mags in the 90s that I read over and over. Now I have no idea what anything is called.

That was Quackenbush's writing?  I read that issue many times as well, never knew that.

Would Last Ride count?  I'm not talking if he's on the turnbuckle and 'Taker just grabbed his arms and did it (like at WMX7 against HHH)  I mean the full motion from lifting to dropping him down.

You mean the Lungblower?

Hmm...maybe. I remember Quack wrote a special movez issue of one of the Apter mags in the 90s that I read over and over. Now I have no idea what anything is called.

That was Quackenbush's writing?  I read that issue many times as well, never knew that.

Would Last Ride count?  I'm not talking if he's on the turnbuckle and 'Taker just grabbed his arms and did it (like at WMX7 against HHH)  I mean the full motion from lifting to dropping him down.

Nash powerbombed him in WCW and almost broke his neck.