DVDVR Message Board

Amazon Prime Day!!!!

Big Fresh

I don't know how I missed the 40" TV for 115, but it's probably for the best I did.

You haven't missed it yet. It hasn't gone live.

Someone on the gadgetry thread said they'd gotten it back around 4 hours ago.

Along with the Wii U and New Super Mario/Luigi Bros U combo I ended up picking up Final Fantasy on the PS4, a book, a tshirt and some protein bars and shake.

Not much impose buying, I've been waiting for the Wii U to drop in price, and can't complain at getting my months supply of protein bars on the cheap.

I was looking for a new TV but nothing on the UK side took my fancy. Some good deals on 50inch screens (around £250) but I'd have to knock a wall down for that to be practical! So the search continues.

While they lived up to the whole 'more deals than black Friday' thing, I can't imagine anyone buying 90% of the stuff that was put up. Seems like a whole lot of filler to go along with a handful of decent deals. But I guess it got eyes on them and the delivery guys are going to be busy today.

Happy with what I picked up and made a nice saving on things I would have eventually brought anyway.

Man, the UK Prime Day was a little better for gamers.

Anyway...So how many people here stocked up on Rubbermaid containers and the countless numbers of copper mugs that went on sale yesterday? So many stupid copper mugs...A year from now when people stop drinking Moscow Mules they're going to be selling those mugs for $.50 at a garage sale.

Can you believe they're selling those things for like $30 a pop at Things Remembered? It's like we're living in the Vodka Craze era again.

This whole Prime Day fiasco will be worth it if I win one of those gift cards they're giving away for that Prime Music sweepstakes.