DVDVR Message Board

Raw 7-13-15

MGFanJay

First hour wasn't much beyond the NXT divas stuff, which was played up as a revolution, but really didn't feel like a big deal. It felt like something WWE would call a big deal - like WWE Fatal Four Way. Loved the Rusev vs. Cesaro vs. Owens match. It really made everyone seem like a star, except for Owens. Rusev came off like a total face here. Moreso when his fairly-earned shot was taken from him by an Owens cheapshot. The Stardust gimmick continuing was pretty stupid. Just make him Cody again, have him cut a great promo - because he can, and give him the IC Title and see what happens. Main event contract signing dragged on a bit, but wasn't really long - and I did enjoy Brock just flipping the table around with one hand like it was nothing. I loved Seth being a super-dick to Kane, although it feels like they've gone done this exact same road many times. Maybe Suplex City has a lot of roundabouts.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/07/wwe-raw-7-13-15.html

Screens - 

edde81421853440.jpg 

ff955d421857203.jpg

747231421857200.jpg 

Mr. Rusev's Wild Ride
efcf7c421858892.jpg 

663503421859948.jpg

63f24a421859958.jpg

0f714d421859961.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/x4n2hrpfa75ftfl7rwh6a7paloxndqab

I was hoping Paige's revolution would lead to a multiple stable war involving the NXT divas and main roster divas. I just never thought it would actually happen. I wasn't too fond of how they played it out tonight, but I'm hopeful for the future.

I think I have figured it out.   ZZ is the bastard child from a Meatloaf one night stand when touring in New Orleans in the late 70's.    He is easily the most popular guy which given how lost he is must be horrifying to Vince and Kevin Dunn

Poor Wade Barrett.  He might be the only person who would benefit from working in TNA/Global Force Wrestling

I guess I can understand why they are continuing with the Stardust character if they are going to do some kind of angle with that Arrow character.  But that crowd wanted nothing to do with Stardust and everything with Cody Rhodes.   Wondering if a wrestler son was a heel, his father in the business passes away, and then stays a heel that works.  

Still have this bad feeling that Rollins keeps the title thanks to interference from J&J and/or Kane.  It makes no sense and yet they have gone back to that well so many times

Russev's shit talking to Owens was great.  He's really coming into his own on the mic.  Match was top notch as well.  I hope we haven't seen the last of Cesaro vs. Russev.  That's a feud I'd much rather see than Russev mucking about with Ziggler.

As good as the Divas segment was, it could have been better as it almost seemed like Gang Warfare Divas Edition.  Also, why was Stephanie acting like a face here?  Granted she came across incredibly disingenuous and her acting was pretty horrid, but it doesn't make sense with her character.

JBL made a TL Hopper reference during the R Truth match.  That got a guffaw out of me.

So, who decided to turn the Diva's division into Dragon's Gate?

And how did Cena *not* come off like a huge dick in that title match?

Hey, he wasn't the one who booked it, and he's just gone through 2 complete wars the last 2 weeks. I actually liked it because yeah, Cena was a dick, but Rusev goes through a fucking war with Cesaro and Owens, and still is able to find a way to have Cena in very real trouble before Owens saved it. Rusev has been great on the mic lately, and he basically just went "Oh, yeah, I am a really fucking great pro wrestler, remember?" in the aftermath.

We can whine about how Cena was portrayed here, but that match got all 3 of Cesaro, Rusev, and Owens over. Rusev in his first match back wins a fucking war then is a god damned man against Cena afterwards (This is why I hated Rusev resorting to cheating in his first match with Cena. I like the character more as a Russian (Or Bulgarian now) Rocky. In his perspective, he's the man who takes an ass kicking and fights back just like Cena is.), Cesaro might have lost but good fucking god did he look great in defeat. Owens looked good in the match and is a giant fucking dick. Rusev might be a heel because a foreigner, but Steen is a heel because Steen is a HEEL.

• Like 2

Disappointed that the NXT women were collectively dropped into the show by Steph Ex Machina. Would really have preferred a slower build aligning Naomi and Tamina with Fox and the Bellas before Sasha et al came up to wreck the place.

(I get that Sasha's made enemies of the other NXT women, but I was hoping that NXT would serve as a sufficient bond to overcome that. )

• Like 2

Cena being a dick is Cena being a dick, it was just an observation, not a whine.

That whole segment did wonderous things for everyone involved.  

I dug the Diva's segment, but would've been over the top if Sasha turned on her team and joined up with the rest of the Horsewomen, but we'll get her kicking out Naomi eventually.

This show made me REALLY want to see a Rusev/Cena/Owens/Cesaro  fatal four way.  So good.

Top 5 of the night: 

1.  Triple Threat match

2.  NXT women making an appearance and brawling it out.

3. Brock Lesnar casually calling people "bitch"

4. Giorgia's dress

5. Cody saying "the view never changes"

Worst of the night:  the NXT women brawl and the segment ends with the Total Divas theme.  Da fuck.

I wouldn't go that far, since Owens took off half way through for angle purposes and it became a straight up Rusev/Cesaro match.

But that's why I liked it. Everything in it made sense. The Triple Threat stuff was incredibly well done, and there felt like there wasn't a time when a guy got knocked out of the match just to be out of the match. Owens leaving fit his character perfectly, and just left us with Rusev and Cesaro being amazing together. It didn't lower the match to me because it still got over all 3 guys and there role, and Owens being a mega dick was perfect. 

Honestly, for the stretches Owens was involved, I can't think of a Triple Threat match that managed to be that smooth with no disjointed "Oh, that guy got knocked out of the ring and he'll be out for a couple minutes" deal. It was a rare Triple Threat Match that I thought let all 3 guys show there best stuff.

• Like 2

Kane should change his name to Daredevil because he's truly the man without fear. I wouldn't let Brock drop ring steps anywhere near my leg. After how he fucked up Jamie Noble just throwing him into the barricade and then frisbee-ing the car door on top of a small child last week, there's no way I'd let that gorilla slam a heavy object even close to my foot.

• Like 1

Don't really like them bringing 3 women up at once. The Nikki title reign seemed like a perfect setup to bring up one to beat her and then start bringing up the others to feud with the new champ. 

The 3 way got pretty great. It was heatless to the point where the crowd just started doing "Let's go Cena/Cena sucks" because they cared that little about the action in the ring. But they kept going and going until people cared.

Ugh. Stephanie getting involved with the NXT girls just kills it for me. Know how to make sure this is isn't a "revolution"? By having a corporate suit say it is before it begins.

I'm glad I didn't get home until 9:30. Running a wake with a funeral home full of mourners is more enjoyable than watching Stephanie McMahon.

• Like 1

Our girls deserve better. That was dumb as all hell.

This is the inherent problem with NXT's women's division- it's all amazing until you remember the buck stops at the main roster and you remember no matter how great the matches are on NXT, with how low the Divas' division has been, even if they book them perfectly, their peak will be nowhere near what the hype surrounding these NXT women's career would entail (Paige being an example there- when she was in NXT, the hype was insane for her. Now, a year later, she's unequivocally the top babyface Diva in the WWE right now...and yet it still feels like her run to the top is a disappointment given how white-hot she was on NXT, even though she literally made it to the top of the mountain for a woman's wrestler in WWE.).