DVDVR Message Board

The first card you ever attended

Swift

Christ, Jingus. Mick is describing something he probably saw at an armory or gym at the age of TEN and you're shitting on it. What the fuck is wrong with you?  :lol:

My first-card example had a main event between two of the very few guys who held both the WCW and WWF championships, and I still shat all over that one. I'm an equal-opportunity excreter. And the card for Mick's just looked like pure hell to sit through.

I'm pretty sure this was my first card shortly after my 10th birthday.

WWF @ Blackwood, NJ - March 15, 1982

Rick McGraw defeated Johnny Rodz

Ivan Putski defeated the Executioner

Jesse Ventura & Adrian Adonis fought Rick Martel & Tony Garea to a draw

Baron Mikel Scicluna defeated Jose Estrada

SD Jones & Steve Travis defeated WWF Tag Team Champions Mr. Fuji & Mr. Saito via disqualification

Holy Christ, that's not even a C show.  They use shows like that as advanced interrogation techniques at gitmo

3rd Annual Brian Pillman Memorial - Cincinnati, OH - Schmidt Fieldhouse - May 25, 2000

Included an in-ring ceremony featuring the Pillman family, Les Thatcher, Ricky Steamboat, Diamond Dallas Page, Kevin Nash, and others; featured a presentation of a check, totalling $36,936, to the Pillman family
Rory Fox & Logan Caine defeated Jeremy Lopez & Jet Jaguar with simultaneous pinfalls
BJ Payne (w/ GQ Masters III) pinned Rico Constantino with a chokeslam into a sit-down powerbomb after hitting him with Masters' clipboard
Chuck Palumbo defeated Sean O'Haire via submission with the Torture Rack after landing a low blow
Scotty Sabre pinned Reckless Youth with a sunset flip off the top into a powerbomb
HWA Tag Team Champions Cody Hawk & Anthony McMurphy defeated Flash Flannagan & Matt Stryker (w/ Helena Heavenly) when Hawk pinned Stryker with a splash off McMurphy's shoulders
HWA Junior Heavyweight Champion Shark Boy pinned Jamie Knoble (w/ Tony Marinara) with the Diamondust after Knoble missed a headbutt off the top
HWA Heavyweight Championship Tournament Finals: Race Steele pinned Chip Fairway (w/ a local DJ) with a Diamond Cutter to win the title after Fairway collided with the DJ on the ring apron; D-Lo Brown was at ringside for the match and presented the title to Steele after the bout; several HWA wrestlers came out after the match to celebrate the victory
Anthony McMurphy (sub. for an injured Terry Taylor) pinned Cody Michaels with a sunset flip off the top
Tim Horner (w/ Missy Hyatt) pinned Tom Prichard with a sunset flip into the ring; Prichard attepted to grab the ring ropes to prevent the cover but was distracted after Hyatt flashed him
Ron & Don Harris defeated Billy Kidman (w/ Torrie Wilson) & Disco Inferno (sub. for David Flair) when Disco was pinned following the H-Bomb after Kidman turned on his partner; Shawn Casey of the Cincinnati Reds was the guest referee for the bout but Charles Robinson made the pinfall when Casey refused to, due to the double cross; after the bout, Casey cleared the ring of Robinson and the Harris brothers
Vampiro pinned Capt. Rection with the Nail in the Coffin after Rection missed a moonsault
WWF IC Champion Chris Benoit defeated Steve Regal at 12:45 in a non-title match via submission with the Crippler Crossface after hitting a dragon suplex 
Diamond Dallas Page pinned Shane Douglas with the Diamond Cutter
ECW Champion Justin Credible pinned Raven with the spinning tombstone
WWF European Champion Eddie Guerrero & D-Lo Brown defeated WWF Light Heavyweight Champion Dean Malenko & Perry Saturn when D-Lo pinned Saturn with the frog splash

Drove down from Oberlin with the Masked Graduate. Regal/Benoit blew my mind. (edit: wow, first time I've posted here in at least two iterations of the board, I think...)

Fairly certain this was my first card.  I was 15 in '83.

JCP @ Charleston, SC - County Hall - October 21, 1983

Brett Hart defeated Tom Lintz

The Magic Dragon defeated John Bonello

Chavo Guerrero defeated the Ninja

Kevin Sullivan defeated Keith Larsen

Dory Funk Jr. defeated Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Champion Rufus R. Jones

NWA US Champion Greg Valentine defeated Roddy Piper

Even back then, I really dug Valentine.

Before anyone gets too excited, I didn't see Bret Hart in 1983.  The "Bret Hart" working JCP back then was Barry Horowitz.

Here's my first card which included WWF World Champion Lex Luger and the beginning of the weird Sparky Plugg/Jeff Jarrett Bethlehem feud (which had Plugg "win" the IC title the next year from Jarrett). Best birthday show ever

WWF @ Bethlehem, PA - Stabler Arena - February 22, 1994 (3,500; sell out)
WWF Superstars taping:
John Paul pinned Crash the Terminator (Bill DeMott) after Crash missed a moonsault
Rocko Gibralter pinned Reno Riggins with a tilt-a-whirl powerslam
WWF IC Champion Razor Ramon pinned IRS

All American Wrestling - 3/6/94 - included Johnny Polo conducting an interview with Ted Dibiase
All American Wrestling - 3/13/94: SMW Tag Team Champions the Heavenly Bodies defeated John Paul & Mike Khoury
Doink the Clown defeated Bam Bam Bigelow 
WWF Women's Champion Alundra Blayze pinned Heidi Lee Morgan
Randy Savage pinned Crush
John Paul pinned Bill DeMott (Hugh Morrus) after DeMott missed a moonsault
Diesel (w/ Shawn Michaels) pinned Bret Hart at 10:40 when Owen Hart interfered as Diesel was caught in the Sharpshooter and referee Earl Hebner was distracted by Shawn Michaels inside the ring and punched Bret in the face before running backstage (Wrestlefest 94)
Lex Luger & Tatanka defeated WWF World Champion Yokozuna & Kwang when Kwang submitted to Luger's Torture Rack; Luger was announced as the WWF World Champion and came to the ring with the belt - after taking it from Jim Cornette earlier in the taping - which led many to believe Luger would win the title at the upcoming WrestleMania

3/12/94:
Tatanka defeated the Brooklyn Brawler
Men on a Mission defeated Todd Mata & Jim Massenger
Shawn Michaels defeated Mike Moraldo
Earthquake pinned Bastion Booger at 2:34 with the sit-down splash
Owen Hart defeated Ben Jordan

3/26/94:
Lex Luger defeated Duane Gill via submission with the Torture Rack
Diesel pinned John Chrystal with the powerbomb
Kwang fought Tatanka to a double count-out after IRS came ringside
The Smoking Gunns defeated Jason Headings & Rich Meyers
Owen Hart defeated PJ Walker

4/2/94:
WWF IC Champion Razor Ramon defeated Steve Smyth with the Razor's Edge
Crush defeated Tom Alton via submission with the head vice
Sparky Plugg pinned Jeff Jarrett at 8:56 with a clothesline, even though Jarrett's foot was on the ropes during the cover; Jarrett had scored the pin earlier but the match continued since Plugg's foot was on the ropes
Bam Bam Bigelow pinned John Paul with the diving headbutt
Earthquake pinned Reno Riggins with the sit-down splash; prior to the bout, Earthquake and Bigelow had a confrontation
Doink the Clown pinned Mike Bell with the Whoopie Cushion

WWF @ Bethlehem, PA - Stabler Arena - February 22, 1994 (3,500; sell out)
WWF Superstars taping:
John Paul pinned Crash the Terminator (Bill DeMott) after Crash missed a moonsault
Rocko Gibralter pinned Reno Riggins with a tilt-a-whirl powerslam
WWF IC Champion Razor Ramon pinned IRS

Interesting.   I wasn't aware that Bill DeMott or Mike Droese worked WWF under those gimmicks.

Was DeMott just being used as an enhancement talent?  I don't think he was ever under contract with the WWE prior to WCW shutting down.

Droese probably had just signed.  He debuted the Duke "The Dumpster" gimmick later on in 1994.

I can't imagine sitting through an 80's/early 90's WWF TV taping.  So long.  So boring.  So many squash matches.

It's easy to sit through those matches when you're 10.

You get to go oh hey it's Razor Ramon...7 minutes later, it's Doink the Clown....5 minutes later it's Alundra Blaze....3 minutes later it's Randy Savage. Plus when you saw someone from TV wrestle someone who wasn't on TV, you could go to the merch stand or go walk around

I can only imagine how long those Tuesay tapings went. Especially when Raw moved to two hours, plus heat and Shotgun tapings? Had to be at least four hours.

The only Tuesday taping I went to turned out to be Superstars plus the redo of Beware of Dog, where the lights went out during the PpV a couple days before. We didn't get out of there until nearly midnight. They taped a Superstars, then did the PPV live, then couple more Superstar tapings, then the Shawn Michaels v Goldust main event. If someone found that whole card, I would appreciate it. It was from May 1996

Edit: found it.

WWF @ North Charleston, SC - Coliseum - May 28, 1996 (4,500)

WWF Superstars taping:

Featured an untelevised segment where Vince McMahon announced that the Ultimate Warrior would not be able to compete against Vader as scheduled because Warrior injured his arm the night before against Goldust; Warrior still made an appearance though, appearing in a sling but was interrupted by Jim Corentte who called Warrior a chicken; Warrior responded that Cornette was the only tennis player he knew with no balls with Vader then attacking Warrior from behind; Warrior eventually cleared Vader from the ring with a clothesline

The Overlords (Ringlords) defeated Matt & Jeff Hardy

Ahmed Johnson defeated Owen Hart

The Undertaker defeated Mankind

WWF World Champion Shawn Michaels defeated WWF IC Champion Goldust

In Your House: Beware of Dog 2 - shown live; featured Jim Ross & Mr. Perfect on commentary:

Savio Vega defeated Steve Austin (w/ Ted Dibiase) in a Carribean strap match at 21:26 when Austin pulled Vega into the fourth and final corner after Vega touched the first three corners without Austin knowing; due to pre-match stipulations, Ted Dibiase was forced to leave the WWF; had Vega had lost the match, he would have been forced to become Dibiase's chauffer; after the bout, Austin stormed off while Vega sang "Na Na Hey Hey" to Dibiase (Dibiase's last appearance) (The Legacy of Stone Cold Steve Austin)

Vader (w/ Jim Cornette) pinned Yokozuna at 8:54 with the Vader Bomb following an assault on Yoko's left knee after Yoko failed a Bonzai Drop on an interfering Cornette

WWF IC Champion Goldust (w/ Marlena) defeated the Undertaker (w/ Paul Bearer) in a casket match at 12:34 when, after Taker hit the tombstone on the champion and prepared to stuff him inside the casket, Mankind came out of the casket, applied the Mandible Claw, forcing Taker into the casket, and then shut and locked the casket shut; after the bout, smoke came out of the casket and once it was opened, the Undertaker was no longer inside

6/1/96:

Jake Roberts pinned George South with the DDT

Marty Jannetty & Leif Cassidy defeated Matt & Jeff Hardy when Jeff was pinned following a powerbomb / top rope bulldog double team

Hunter Hearst Helmsley pinned Marty Garner with the Pedigree

Yokozuna pinned Tony Johnson with the Bonzai Drop

KOTR Qualifying Match: Justin Bradshaw pinned Henry Godwinn with the lariat

6/8/96:

Henry & Phinneas Godwinn (w/ Hillbilly Jim) defeated the Ringlords after Henry hit the Slop Drop

Steve Austin pinned Jason Ahrndt with the Stunner (the TV debut of the Stunner)

Mankind defeated Bruno Detista via submission with the Mandible Claw

Jerry Lawler pinned Marty Garner with a flying fistdrop and the piledriver at 1:47 (Legends of Wrestling Collection, Legends of Wrestling: Jerry Lawler and the Junkyard Dog)

KOTR Qualifying Match: Savio Vega pinned Marty Jannetty with a spinning heel kick

6/15/96:

Barry Horowitz defeated Owen Hart (w/ Jim Cornette) via reverse decision when referee Harvey Wippleman disqualified Hart for not releasing the Sharpshooter after he had won the match

Vader pinned Tony Johnson with the Vader Bomb

Marc Mero defeated Jason Ahrndt

WWF Tag Team Champions the Smoking Gunns defeated Matt & Jeff Hardy following the Sidewinder

KOTR Quarter-Finals: Jake Roberts pinned Justin Bradshaw with the DDT

My parents wouldn't take me to wrestling so young BEN! never got to see wrestling at The Omni.

WCW @ Atlanta, GA - Georgia Dome - January 5, 1998 (26,773; 23,058 paid)
Debut at the venue
Monday Nitro:
WCW US Champion Dallas Page defeated Chris Jericho
Bill Goldberg defeated Stevie Ray
John Nord defeated the Barbarian
Juventud Guerrera defeated Psychosis
WCW TV Champion Booker T defeated Prince Iaukea
Ray Traylor, Rick & Scott Steiner defeated Scott Norton, Buff Bagwell, & Konnan
Rick Martel defeated Brad Armstrong
Perry Saturn & Scotty Riggs defeated Chris Benoit and Steve McMichael
Lex Luger defeated Randy Savage
Dark match after the show: Sting & Lex Luger defeated Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage

DDP was ridiculously over.  The crowd was chanting his name before the show even started so the place exploded when he was the first guy out.  Start of Jericho's heel turn too.

Penzer kept hyping new guys and the place farted on Nord and "former World Champion" Rick Martel.

I have no recollection of seeing Barbarian vs. Barbarian.  I always remember Nord beating Stevie Ray for some reason.

Booker was really over too.  So many white people raising the roof.

I think Flair cut a promo.  Every time I've seen Flair he was cutting a promo.  Never saw him wrestle live.

Sting was by far the most over.  The floors were shaking when he ran out for the save.  Then he made Hogan quit to the Scorpion Deathlock while at the same time Savage quit to Luger's Torture Rack.