DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: BILLY JACK HAYNES

RIPPA

Ray Stevens and Bobo Brazil were born on July 10. But because I wanted ease of footage - the third tier birthday boy gets selected

(Hey - PWS' Drunken Swashbuckler shares a birthday today too. Just for the record)

• 6 years later...

I watched a whole hour of his infamous shoot video, that 2nd one he did, on YouTube yesterday. I can’t usually watch YouTube for more than a few minutes at the time but I watched this for a whole hour. I believe his story of being abused as a child, which clearly just plain messed him up for life. 

Unless he laughs or smiles somewhere after that whole hour, he doesn’t laugh or smile 1 time in that whole video. That sounds like a trivial thing to make a conclusion over right but think about it. There’s comedy relief moments in the craziest old rassler shoots/moments in real life. See BPP, Honky Tonk Man, and many others. Then there’s anxiety laughter, which is often a sign of a wrestler being just full of crap. See Ultimate Warrior and Hogan. They just AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAA midsentence if you never noticed. 

Well ole Billy Jack does neither. He doesn’t have anything to laugh about in his mind and he’s telling the truth with no shame in his mind. Now he may be a few bricks short of a load, I’m not denying that, but that’s thanks in part to the abuse he took IMO.