DVDVR Message Board

The All-Purpose Funko POP! thread....

I went to a shop in the town away from mine last Saturday. The shop has a wall stacked with Funko POP! I picked up Batman in Batman: Arkham Asylum but put it back once I found Batman from Batman: The Animated Series. The Batman: The Animated Series figure was pricey/pricier than the Funko POP! but I talked myself into getting it.

• Like 1

Damnit, if I didn't already have Andre and Piper i'd be all over that.  No need for Cena, and Paige is just a re-done AJ figure.

Recently we found UFC Pop Vinyls and they had Connor and Ronda.  Those were the latest ones we picked up.  Save for future WWE ones coming out I can't see getting too many more of these things.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

GameStop is selling a random Hodge Podge of Funko Pop's for $5

Very quick scan and it seems like a lot of Harry Potter and Avengers 2 and lesser characters from things like Star Wars and Game of Thrones.

I did see the Austin one in the mix so there might be more of the wrestling ones in there

This Tuesday I popped *cymbal crash* into the comic book shop where I got my Batman: The Animated Batman figure to have a closer look round. There’s so many Funko POP! I remember seeing Funko POP! Batman: Arkham Asylum, Captain America: Civil War (2016), Marvel characters like Wolverine and Deadpool, WWE, UFC, Disney such as Inside Out and Robin Hood, Futurama, Harry Potter, Star Wars and Back to the Future.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yea I will pay up to $30 if its larger or a non-retail one that I really wanted. Someone gave me the angry StayPuft that was probably a bit more than that but since I didn't pay for it, I don't count it :) 

For the last year I had both the Marvel and Star Wars Funko POP subscription boxes. I don't plan on continuing it for 2017 mostly because I am trying to cut down on things, but it was fun getting a lot of different Funko POP figures. I also got Alduin and Dark Souls 3 figure for Christmas.

• 5 weeks later...

Those Classic Video Games blind boxes are going to kill me, aren't they?  Between Dig Dug, Q*Bert and Mega Man I can see myself just standing in the store and dropping $50 $10 at a time until I get the one I need like I did the 8th Doctor.

EDITED FOR CLARITY

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Just found out you can get Jessica Jones Season One and Daredevil Season Two Pops.

https://funko.com/blogs/news/coming-soon-jessica-jones-daredevil-pop-s-1

Bullshit at the exclusion of the best character in Jessica Jones Season One and one of the greatest in the whole MCU, Kilgrave.

I saw the Luke Cage one the other day and while it looks really cool I'd rather get his look from his own show.  But cool to know they exist.

• Like 1