DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 7/9/15

victor

* Dark match: King Barrett defeat Zack Ryder

* Dark match: Curtis Axel and Damien Sandow defeated Brad Maddox and Adam Rose

* SmackDown kicks off with Seth Rollins. The Cadillac that was destroyed on Monday’s RAW is brought out. Paul Heyman interrupts. Rollins and Heyman exchange words and talk about Battleground.

* Roman Reigns vs. Big Show and Rollins vs. Ryback is announced for later.

* Dean Ambrose defeated Bo Dallas with Dirty Deeds.

* Rusev defeated Fandango.

* Roman Reigns defeated The Big Show by DQ when Wyatt came out and attacked Reigns from behind. Wyatt then hit Sister Abigails on Reigns.

* Titus O’Neil defeated Big E.

* Randy Orton comes out and cuts a promo on Sheamus. The Ascension interrupts and receive RKOs for their troubles.

* Brie Bella and Alicia Fox defeated Naomi and Tamina Snuka.

* Ryback defeated Seth Rollins by count out when Rollins jumped the barrier and ran away towards the ramp. Big Show came out to help Rollins beat Ryback down after the match but Roman Reigns made the save to end the show.

Looks like another coasting episode.

• Like 1

Does this mean The Ascension are going to be toadies for Sheamus? That seems intriguing, honestly.

Well, they all DO have red on their head, so they have that connection going.

They're also boring, so they have that in common.

So when are we allowed to complain about Dean getting shuffled from the main event to opening matches against Bo Dallas?

Anytime Ambrose is not near the top of the card is a good time to complain.

C'mon, y'all know Ambrose is going to be the WWE champ inevitably, right? He's the second most popular guy in the company. He's gonna get his chance.

Is he? I'd say KO, Lesnar, Cena, Reigns and maybe even Orton all have him beat. Bad booking is a motherfucker.

I love them building to the Lesnar-Rollins Battleground main event by involving Big Show, Ryback, and Roman Reigns.  I mean, the show even had Big Show basically saying to Rollins that if he beats up Ryback, he'll take care of Reigns for him, and Rollins NOT saying "Well, that would be good if I was facing Roman Reigns, but I'm actually wrestling Brock Lesnar at the PPV".  I like Brock as much as the next guy, but if he's not going to be on the show, keep his opponent off the show, too.  It just seems silly to have Rollins feuding with Reigns as a Lesnar proxy.