DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Cheer up, guys. We're less than four days away from the public execution of Kofi Kingston at the hands of Brock Lesnar.

How strange is it that Brock is facing off against Kofi? It made no sense at the time the match was announced and you assumed they would tie it into to some kind of storyline. 

Instead, they are treating it like an old episode of superstars where Brock Lesnar will be in singles action against an unnamed opponent.

Why waste a Brock match?

I love that this conversation is happening now in it's like 4th thread.

Lesnar wanted to go to Japan to visit some folks (specifically Masa Saito). He figured he would do it on the WWE's dime.

And the unofficial reason Kofi is the opponent is because he and Brock are friends and Brock asked to work with him

I love that this conversation is happening now in it's like 4th thread.

Lesnar wanted to go to Japan to visit some folks (specifically Masa Saito). He figured he would do it on the WWE's dime.

And the unofficial reason Kofi is the opponent is because he and Brock are friends and Brock asked to work with him

Some friend sending him to Suplex City, Bitch.

; )

I'm more interested in how a friendship came up between Kofi and Brock. They seem like polar opposites, they didn't come up at the same time. I thought this match came about because it was an opportunity to give Brock a match against someone he wouldn't normally, and Kofi's a locker room favorite so why not let him do some cool spots with Brock and eat an F-5...or three.

I swear, I thought, "What the hell did Debbie Harry wrestling Andy Kaufman do to shut down the thread?"

Oh, right ... July; new month.

I thought about starting the July thread, but wasnt sure if it was Rippa's to make.