DVDVR Message Board

TNA/GWF MEGA THREAD OF DOOM~!

Well, really, did they have any reason to suspect Hernandez was lying?

He's a pro wrestler, that was associated with Konnan.  Do they have any reason to suspect that he *wasn't*?

• Like 3

How is it a dick move?  TNA's lucky they're not getting sued right now.  Getting a C&D to not air the stuff with Hernandez is getting off easy.  LU could've taken them to the cleaners on this one.

TNA could've resolved this situation before it happened with one phone call to find if Hernandez was telling the truth and was still under contract.  Instead, they barreled ahead anyway, hoping they could beg off or buy off whoever complained.  Not this time.

It sounds like Lucha Underground does not even know if they have a second season. Yet they expect guys to sit at home. Are they paying Hernandez right now? If not then fuck them.

• Like 1

How TNA can you get?

What about "TNA makes an offer to loan Lucha Underground any wrestler in TNA in exchange for the rights to use Hernandez...then Lucha Underground looks through the roster, then decides to accept in exchange...Hernandez, like that time Harry Chiti got traded for himself?" 

Really, the 1962 Mets may have been overtaken by TNA in the "what's the most pathetic thing involved with sports or entertainment" in every other way, it would just FIT.

How is it a dick move?  TNA's lucky they're not getting sued right now.  Getting a C&D to not air the stuff with Hernandez is getting off easy.  LU could've taken them to the cleaners on this one.

TNA could've resolved this situation before it happened with one phone call to find if Hernandez was telling the truth and was still under contract.  Instead, they barreled ahead anyway, hoping they could beg off or buy off whoever complained.  Not this time.

It sounds like Lucha Underground does not even know if they have a second season. Yet they expect guys to sit at home. Are they paying Hernandez right now? If not then fuck them.

My understanding is that LU contracts just don't want guys appearing on TV/PPV. They can work elsewhere just not be aired.

Which is the same thing TNA did. ROH did. Etc...

And there is a difference between Ricochet - who wears a mask and has a different name in LU - working elsewhere and Hernandez being Hernandez everywhere

Hernandez has to be pretty fucked after this.

Why would either TNA or LU even want him back after pulling this stunt?

Ah, who am I kidding, TNA would take him back even after lying to them.

GFW also is excited to announce four unique divisions: GFW Global Championship, GFW Tag Team Championship, GFW Women's Championship and GFW NEX*GEN Championship. These titles will be up for grabs in four separate tournaments that kick off on July 24 at the Orleans Arena.

So basically this Global is exactly like the last Global

Except that Pedicino actually had a TV deal.

Needs more Dark Patriots to be truly Global.

Listen to Eric Van Wagenen on Stone Cold's podcast or read Cubsfan's recap

Hernandez has to be pretty fucked after this.

Why would either TNA or LU even want him back after pulling this stunt?

Ah, who am I kidding, TNA would take him back even after lying to them.

TNA wants Hernandez even more now that he lied to them.

I imagine a Ted-like scene backstage between Dixie Carter and Hernandez.

"So you lied to us, when said you weren't under contract with Lucha Underground anymore. That takes a lot of guts, I admire that. I'm thinking of putting the world title on you at the next TV tapings."

GFW can go ahead and cancel the Neo*Geo tournament cause Manny Villalobos is:

1. Still alive

2. Still wrestling

3. Still Global TV Champ

"Welcome back to the debut episode of Amped presented by GFW. Good ol' JR here alongside MMA great Chael Sonnen as we take a good look at the outside of tonight's venue, the lovely Orleans Arena here in Las Vegas."

"Ha, looks like we got a cab fare dodger. A Mexican. Trump was right."

"That's "Hard Luck" Manuel Villalobos."

"He's running into the arena. And there's a cop chasing him."

"That's Rico Constantino, former WWE Tag Team Champion."

"Manny's in the ring. He's trying to get the mic away from our ring announcer and Teen Beat correspondent, Brandon Baxter."

"Please, I pay for cab, I pay for cab. I just need to win tournament first!"

"Oh no! The Coast To Ivory Coast Connection of Sweet Daddy Compton and "The South African Stud" PJ Black have attacked Manny and they've laid out Rico too!"

"Look JR!"

"That's Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden, The Stud Stable."

"Now y'all go on and shooo. I got words for this Manny Villalobos fella. Now son, look at ya. Ain't got a penny in your pocket or a brain in your head. Well, my associate here, the good Doctor James Golden and myself, the beloved Reverend Robert Fuller are here to help you and the entire world! We're here to help sad sacks like you become real men in a world where real men are becoming a scarcity. They used to call me "The Tennessee Stud" not because it looked good on a t-shirt but because I earned that moniker. We didn't call our crew "The Stud Stable" because it fit a catchphrase. We called it that cause between drinking and fighting we made love to every woman that would have us. You look at society today. The top movie star is some guy that shakes his lil' ding-a-ling around. People say Bruce Jenner's brave cause he wears a dress. Now if his daddy were Buddy Fuller he could call himself brave cause my daddy would've knocked me into the next century if he ever saw me in a dress. And the football players, the big tough football players! All they do is whine about their heads hurting and get on their phones and beg women for dates. Now in my day, we had to fight the women off with a stick even with our heads busted open and bleeding. But worry not, people! The Stable is back! We're back to help society. All you sad sack men out there can now join The Stable Of Studology and learn to become real men. Just visit our website and you can find out how you can receive teachings direct from me on how to become a real man. And while you're making your mind and spirit stronger, you sad sacks can't go forgetting your body now. Just drink a bottle of Doctor Jimmy's Magic Golden Elixir and you'll be full of vigor and vitality. Here you go, Manny. First bottle's free."

"Oh, vigor and vitality!  Hey, Rev sign ol' Chael P. up.  You remember what it's like to have vigor and vitality, JR?"

"Vaguely. We've got to go to commercial, folks. We'll get all this straitened out during the break. You're watching GFW Amped!"

Not enough love in the world for this. Give this man the book of a company...NOW.

On one hand, TNA has screwed up a lot when it comes to talent relations lately.  On the other hand, by all accounts Hernandez is shoot dumb as shit.

Then again, Hernandez appearing in TNA wasn't a big secret and LU could've contacted TNA right away instead of waiting until they got done shooting and editing several weeks worth of TV.  And LU still hasn't bothered telling the talent anything regarding season 2.

TNA should just put the BDC stuff on the internet.  Plenty of LU guys have done iPPVs and such.  And it's not like Hernandez is some kind of LU creation.

Just have MVP go on a profanity laced-tirade about Bully Ray being put in charge after all he's done.  Bully pulls the BDC from TV to "protect" their TV partners.  MVP accuses Bully of censoring him.  Everyone loves a Twitter feud, right?  Hashtags 'n shit.

It's funny how you say they haven't told the talent anything about Season 2 while only one person tried to go somewhere else with TV

Hmmmmmmmm

They actually did tell the talent some stuff that allegedly got out, BTW, I'm just being an asshole right now

Allegedly they told people they'd be coming back in August then told people that was off the books and they'd be shooting closer to the fall.

Could be bullshit, right?  This is all stuff people said they heard from someone who heard from someone and they won't say who their source is and shit.  You just see it randomly wind up in reddit threads and shit.

But the fact that it lines up with when the AAA guys are coming and doing indie shows in the states now kind of supports that.  Their paperwork was in order for August so why not do some wrestling here in August, right?

All this said Hernandez was a really nice guy to me and I don't want to look at him as the one doing wrong in this because of that.  So were the people behind Lucha Underground.  So that leaves TNA that hasn't interacted in me but would most likely piss me off somehow.  I mean come on