DVDVR Message Board

Raw 6-22-15

MGFanJay

Xavier Woods deserves a gold star for his managing last night.  Between borrowing a camera and telling Neville he'll call gravity as he remembers him, he was tremendous.  He might not be the best wrestler of the three, but if he wanted to stay as a full-time manager I'd be very happy with that.

I just wish he hadn't shaved... he looks way creepier without the beard.

Well, at least that's a logical explanation for the Bellas and their frequent pseudo-turns.

Why can't the Bellas just do a Tomax and Xamot gimmick where they finish each other's sentences and feel each other's pain?

I feel the company would be better with some old GI Joe storylines worked in...

• Like 1

WWE RAW: The Viper is coming.  When a mysterious message appears on the Titantron, everyone is on edge thinking Randy Orton is returning and going to give out some RKOs...outta nowhere. As John Cena and the entire WWE team prepare, they have no idea what they are really in store for!!!

It would be a really good way for the WWE to continue to stick it to CM Punk.  First hockey, and now GI Joe.  

• Like 1

WWE RAW: The Viper is coming.  When a mysterious message appears on the Titantron, everyone is on edge thinking Randy Orton is returning and going to give out some RKOs...outta nowhere. As John Cena and the entire WWE team prepare, they have no idea what they are really in store for!!!

The Vindow Viper?

• Like 5

I broke a rib once and it was torture. You can't sleep properly, breathing is a chore, eating sucks... Fuck having three broken. Poor Jamie.

I went on a Rollercoaster with a broken rib when I was 11. That was fun. I could feel it sliding around inside and stuff.

Is there anyone left who thinks Bray's stuff is good? Or that being in a feud with Bray is good for anyone? Send him to TNA in October.

Hope you don't have any kids...if so Bray is coming to murder them.

But seriously, maybe one day WWE will learn how to properly book a feud involving Bray. But no, that can't be it. Just has to be the guy sucks for no apparent reason than just cuz.

This is the first Bray fued that is actually about "wrestling ". The point , clearly stated in the initial Wyatt promo from last week, is that Bray is mad that Reigns beat him to get in the MITB match. This cost Bray a chance to win the opportunity to be Champ and have that platform to spread his message of crazy. And added to it was him saying that it's also about how they both came up at the same time and Reigns was embraced by the establishment and he was shunned! So now he's gonna bring the evil. All that was in Wyatt's initial promo on last week's RAW.

• Like 2

Reigns is also the first Wyatt opponent who has shown actual fear.  Cena was rattled for a bit, but ultimately wasn't concerned.  The same holds true for Bryan, Jericho, and Ryback.  Ambrose got TV-zapped, not that he would have cared, either. Taker wasn't even there for their feud.

Reigns-Wyatt is the first time Bray's actions have focus as well as an opponent who sells their fear of him.

Reigns is also the first Wyatt opponent who has shown actual fear.  Cena was rattled for a bit, but ultimately wasn't concerned.  The same holds true for Bryan, Jericho, and Ryback.  Ambrose got TV-zapped, not that he would have cared, either. Taker wasn't even there for their feud.

Reigns-Wyatt is the first time Bray's actions have focus as well as an opponent who sells their fear of him.

Is it fear of him or concern for his daughter? Reigns should feel confident he can beat Wyatt. I wouldn't mind seeing Wyatt/Reigns steal from Raven/Sandman a bit with Reigns daughter siding with Bray (Also I could see someone selling this to Reigns as "sorry you're not getting the belt till next year, so we booked your family to travel with you and we're gonna pay."). Also I'd like to believe that Wyatt sees Reigns daughter as the reincarnated version of Sister Abigail.

I think concern/fear is interchangeable in this scenario.

When things got started, Reigns was angry over Wyatt costing him MITB.  That anger gave way to concern/fear once he saw Bray was bringing his daughter into the mix.  Now, it seems to be taking another turn with the mutliated pics of Roman with ANYONE BUT YOU scrawled across the walls.  Very meta, going with the IWC's bellyaching over Reigns. They've done a good job of Wyatt having Reigns on his heels and not knowing what is going on.

The Sister Abigail angle would be great. Not sure I would bring Reigns' daughter in live for that, though.  Maybe a child actor that looks like the daughter would be the best route.

Is there anyone left who thinks Bray's stuff is good? Or that being in a feud with Bray is good for anyone? Send him to TNA in October.

Hope you don't have any kids...if so Bray is coming to murder them.

But seriously, maybe one day WWE will learn how to properly book a feud involving Bray. But no, that can't be it. Just has to be the guy sucks for no apparent reason than just cuz.

He's boring. He could be booked great and I'd still think his act is lame and his promos are too forced.

How about bringing back Bray's gospel singing kid and have him threaten Roman's daughter? But seriously strange they have to resort to Roman's kid to make him show an element of fear.

I was just wondering if Maddox did his C.M. Punk impersonation again.

I saw parts of RAW early this morning while I worked, mostly for Owens/Cena. Re: Bray, dude needs a character refresh because he does have latent charisma, but this doesn't work for me.

Personally, I'd rather that they had Ambrose and Reigns palling around together some more. Maybe the two of them get some matches in with New Day because I bet they'd be good. I can't think of a Bray Wyatt feud that I've enjoyed since Bryan. 

At least they should have Harper as Bray's dragon so we can get him on TV more. Reigns/Ambrose vs. Wyatt/Harper would also be a good holding-pattern feud for all four guys during the summer. 

I don't have DVR, but I bet that I'd watch RAW more often if I did. I can't remember the last time that I've sat through a full three-hour RAW. Maybe around WM 30 time?

I don't get the whole Reigns has been embraced by the establishment stuff. The Authority has screwed over Reigns as much if not more than anyone. It just seems like some meta crap booked for the smarks. Also it's hard to take Bray seriously when Reigns just beat him a few weeks ago in the third match of his gauntlet series.

I love where they're going with Reigns/Wyatt.  Only thing is I think this is going to go over most people's heads.  The mainstream audience might not get it, and no matter how good an idea is if it doesn't catch according to those in charge it didn't work.  And that's a lot of trust on Roman's part to bring his daughter into this.  It's one thing to do Sandman/Raven with Tyler in ECW.  It's another for this to be on WWE TV.  But so far I'm liking it.  Bray's promo last week made sense, and he went a step above this week.

I think the key to Reigns' daughter is to this point, we've only seen stills from the Father's Day ad they did last year.  That's publicly recognized, so nothing new to glean from that.  It also helps that Wyatt has kids of his own, and is likely clearly everything beforehand to make sure Reigns is comfortable with what he's doing.

Instead of bitching about Kane still being a featured guy even though the "plan B" pep talk was the perfect setup for Rollins to change his goon-squad, I will just point out how much I liked HHH/Steph actually watching the show and talking about an un-related angle (Cena/Owens I think) backstage during one of their segments. I always wondered why authority figures aren't watching their product at all times since they seem to need to make on-the-fly changes a lot, so good to see a touch of realism here.

• Like 1

No love the Sheamus/Roman Reigns match? I mean I know the finish was shitty but those two guys beat the shit out of each other. And Roman Reigns took an INSANE bump when Sheamus countered his apron dropkick. I am disappointed in it's lack of praise quite frankly.

• Like 2

That Terminator trailer is a perfect example of how Reigns will never get to be number one without them just booking him to be regardless of how the audience reacts.  Even if you think he's the best raw talent in wrestling right now (and he ain't), Vince is just massively out of touch.

Ultimately, it's a testament to what an awful state professional wrestling is in that the WWE can continue to put on a show that is so totally impossible to become invested in and yet nobody is capable of putting on a better one. [insert your favourite TV show] is [30-60] minutes long and provides engaging characters, drama, and setpieces every episode.  RAW is [6, 3] times a long and provides less than half.