DVDVR Message Board

Raw 6-22-15

MGFanJay

I can't exactly explain it but Brock giving Cole a playful noogie bugged me way more than Kane and Seth beating him down for 25 minutes to end the show.

Not sure what was sillier, Bray stealing Roman's eyes from his creepy picture collection or the ridiculous way they inserted him into that Terminator trailer. Maybe Roman's Failed CatchPhrase #533 is going to be "I'll Be Back."

Really enjoyed Cena's promo being about how KO is a sore loser who doesn't respect anybody and then punctuating that point by calling him a series of childish schoolyard babytalk insults. Liked how KO just calmly called him out, though.

A totally throwaway episode of Raw tonight. The only highlights for me were KO's promo and Summer Rae's dress.

I'm calling it now-Owens vs Lesnar at WM. 

Someone on Twitter is complaining that they "buried" Lesnar in the final segment. These fuckin' people.....

Having to sell for Kane and Joey Mercury? I'd consider it. 

After having his leg wrapped around the ringpost, having it hit with a chair and being chokeslammed. That's not a burial. It shows that he's vulnerable. He isn't Brad Maddox, for fucks sake. 

I had Raw on in the other room as I was doing dishes tonight, and part of the thing I hate about Raw and that makes me find the live show almost unwatchable, really, is the amount of repetition.  If you watch Raw, Main Event, and Smackdown, then the following Raw, there's a pretty good chance you're going to see the "key" moments: Triple H's "put pressure on the diamond" speech, Kevin Owens promo about Cena, etc. etc. FOUR separate times in eight days.  I'd love to see WWE adopt a "Must-DVR" mentality and say "You've got to watch Raw/Smackdown because we will not be repeating anything on TV!  Missed Brock punk out Cole?  Well you shoulda tuned in earlier?  Missed Owens attack Cena?  That'll teach you that you must DVR this show every week because we will not be repeating anything!"  Right now, with Raw, it doesn't really feel like a must-watch show because you know anything important will turn up online, be repeated 2-3 times during Raw, shown again during Main Event, again during Smackdown and probably replayed the following Raw all over again.

• Like 1

BTW am I mistaken or are the Bellas faces again for no reason?

This is what I don't understand about this angle. Nikki does whatever it takes to be the champion and at the top of the division even if it meant going through her own sister. Eventually (as most family relationships do) The Bellas put aside their differences (regardless of how contrived) and began working together again. As heels or faces, I cannot remember but at some point-in-time Paige became involved and took a few loses to The Bellas. Paige then became the biggest hater in WWE and instead of stepping up her game or going to NXT to polish up (kayfabe wise of course), she decides to go on some 'just' crusade and start talking about change as if she is some revolutionary.

Paige is SUPPOSE TO BE A FACE, but just comes off as a big baby who is unable to deal with reality and wants to lead a gang assault and 'get help' to dethrone Nikki all so Paige can become Divas champion? Again...HOW IS PAIGE THE FACE IN ANY OF THIS?

I just hope Noble is ok. I know "reckless monster" is part of Lesnar's appeal to a lot of folks, but he's going to legitimately hurt someone soon, if he hasn't tonight.

Allegedly 3 broken ribs for Jamie.

but I also understand people being pissed that fucking Kane is still being used in that role while Luke Harper is barely getting TV time...

100% agree with this

This. Harper deserves better. Harper's great.

Shame Jamie "Bah God" Noble got hurt. Say what you will about the Authority, it's led to Jamie Noble back on our TV screens. Liked him and Nidia, his super 2005 run in ROH, "Why Vicki Why" and now J and J Security.

BTW am I mistaken or are the Bellas faces again for no reason?

This is what I don't understand about this angle. Nikki does whatever it takes to be the champion and at the top of the division even if it meant going through her own sister. Eventually (as most family relationships do) The Bellas put aside their differences (regardless of how contrived) and began working together again. As heels or faces, I cannot remember but at some point-in-time Paige became involved and took a few loses to The Bellas. Paige then became the biggest hater in WWE and instead of stepping up her game or going to NXT to polish up (kayfabe wise of course), she decides to go on some 'just' crusade and start talking about change as if she is some revolutionary.

Paige is SUPPOSE TO BE A FACE, but just comes off as a big baby who is unable to deal with reality and wants to lead a gang assault and 'get help' to dethrone Nikki all so Paige can become Divas champion? Again...HOW IS PAIGE THE FACE IN ANY OF THIS?

See, you're giving it way too much thought. Way more than the WWE is. What it boils down to is this.

women-hate-women.jpg

That's not a joke. That's the actual booking mantra for the division. Alicia Foxx is with The Bella's because her name got pulled out of the hat. You would hope Paige would recruit some people from NXT to fight the evil Bella's, but who knows if they're even thinking that far ahead. I'd love to see Charlotte debut and win the diva's title on her first night. I mean we could all live with Charlotte and Paige fighting over the belt.

You know, now that I think about it I bet all this crap will be explained on Total Diva's.

Is there anyone left who thinks Bray's stuff is good? Or that being in a feud with Bray is good for anyone? Send him to TNA in October.

You think TNA will still exist in October?

Have you ever had a twitter account?

Bork was looking a wee bit sunburned tonight.

He looked like Stretch Armstrong with a buzzcut.

Echo other's sentiments. Individual matches were fine enough but sum of the parts equated to a very strange show.

Every show from here on out needs to start with a Heyman promo.  The man could read Atlas Shrugged and I would listen so long as he ends every chapter by saying BRRROOOOCKKKKKKK LESSSNNNARRRRRR~!!!!