DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 6/18/15

victor

Tonight’s episode of Smackdown kicks off with Sheamus cutting a promo. Dean Ambrose interupts. The two exchange words and Kane setups he and Sheamus vs Ambrose.

* Kane & Sheamus defeat Dean Ambrose by DQ because Roman Reigns got involved.

* Ambrose and Reigns vs. Sheamus and Kane is announced for later.

* Brie Bella defeated Paige with the help from Alicia Fox, who knocked Paige off the top rope

* Kevin Owens comes out for a promo but Cesaro interrupts. A match is made for later.

* Dolph Ziggler defeats Bo Dallas.

* Neville defeated Xavier Woods.

* Seth Rollins cuts a promo on Brock Lesnar.

* Kevin Owens defeated Cesaro.

* Sheamus and Kane defeated Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose in the main event.

At least wait two minutes to see if I'm going to correct the bbcode error before passive-aggressively bitching about me mocking you for posting an unattributed claim that, shockingly, two very good wrestlers who've wrestled each other before had a good match.

• Like 1

Did Owens and Cesaro ever have a one-on-one with each other on the indies? I am legit having trouble recalling.

Cagematch is acting up, but i did find some tags.

Edit

Kevin Steen vs. Claudio Castagnoli - IWA Mid-South Ted Petty Invitational 2006

Steen vs CC - ROH 12/09 in Chicago

http://youtu.be/8S_bE0cRprY

Wait...why is Alicia Fox randomly attacking Paige.

Storyline wise: The Divas hate Paige for saying she speaks for all of them or the Divas hate Paige because they can see through her bullshit and knows she's only using them to counter-balance the Bella Twins being on the same page

Real Reason: According to Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn, allegedly, they believe all women hate each other.

Wait...why is Alicia Fox randomly attacking Paige.

Storyline wise: The Divas hate Paige for saying she speaks for all of them or the Divas hate Paige because they can see through her bullshit and knows she's only using them to counter-balance the Bella Twins being on the same page

Real Reason: According to Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn, allegedly, they believe all women hate each other.

It does make me wonder, are they going to bring up an NXT diva to be on Paige's side after they establish she is on her own, do they bring in Saraya to have her back, or does the story go nowhere and they move on to the next challenger to Nikki's title?

It does make me wonder, are they going to bring up an NXT diva to be on Paige's side after they establish she is on her own, do they bring in Saraya to have her back, or does the story go nowhere and they move on to the next challenger to Nikki's title?

I'm sure it'll be resolved just as satisfactorily as the Bellas' feud with each other.

The sad thing is that it wouldn't be that hard to dig your way out of all this Bella-Paige stuff...

1. Bellas dis Paige backstage...Nikki leaves, Brie trails behind, and Paige asks her, "Do you ever get tired of being Nikki's lapdog?"

2. Next show Brie confronts Paige alone, asks about the "lapdog" comment. Paige reminds her of how Nikki betrayed her last summer. Brie says she forgave Nikki. Paige responds that you forgive someone when they're sorry, but Nikki has never shown any remorse, and she was essentially still bragging about stabbing Brie in the back to curry the Authority's favor on the 6/15 Raw. Then Paige really drives the nail home by pointing out that, if the Bellas are truly Authority-approved, then Brie is cooperating with the people who made her husband's life a living hell. Later Nikki confronts Brie about the conversation with Paige, but Brie tells her not to worry.

3. Nikki offers Paige a non-title match with the stips: Paige wins, she gets a title shot, she loses she's out of the title picture for good. Brie's botched interference causes Nikki to lose. Nikki berates Brie afterwards, tells her she can't trust her, and that Nikki will always be the dominant twin. Brie sulks off.

4. Come title match time, Nikki comes out with, oh, say Alicia Fox or whoever for her corner. Paige fights valiantly, seems to have the match won, Fox interferes, turns the tide, it looks like Nikki's gonna win, and HERE'S BRIE...She takes out Fox, distracts Nikki, Paige wins the title.

5. Paige moves on to the next NXT Diva they wanna bring up, the Bellas rekindle their feud with a more satisfactory conclusion (Brie going over)

Of course, this will not actually happen, but it would be nice...

Having seen Saraya Knight wrestle a match in person, I don't know why anyone would want to see her on the big stage. Unless she's actually really good and just sandbagged like fuck because it was All-Star. But it was like they were trying to do the 'get a lot out of a little' type match, and ended up doing a 'get nothing out of nothing much' match instead.