DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K16

I've spent more time with this game. It is definitely moving in the right direction. The pacing is much better. The stuff like breaks on the ropes or crawling over for the pin after a big move/when drained of stamina are great additions.  My only issue is that the flow of the game really feels stunted by mapping it essentially to reversals. There are some reversal animations (usually when striking a downed or seated opponent) that leave the striker available to re-start the offense again without being staggered. Trigger one, and you force your opponent to use a reversal, but go back on defense after you get another first hit in and get stuck in a reversal loop. Don't trigger it, and at least you got a few more stomps in.

I know people are sick of the love for No Mercy, WM 2000, etc., but the Spirit/Attitude bars felt much more natural and like there was an organic flow to the matches where a couple of key reversals could have you going from beaten down to coming back on offense seamlessly instead of this sort of "my reversal/your reversal" deal. Also, pins were successful in those games on a combination of body damage/current Attitude level. I think that Attitude works better than a lifebar that depletes and doesn't come back. If Yuke's could implement something like that instead of the lifebar, I really think they'd have a classic modern wrestling game on their hands. 

I hope they don't stop tweaking this, though, because even if (for me), it's a game that's sometimes fun and sometimes mechanically focused on reversals, when the game feels good and like a natural match, it's absolutely fantastic. 

• Like 3

I've spent more time with this game. It is definitely moving in the right direction. The pacing is much better. The stuff like breaks on the ropes or crawling over for the pin after a big move/when drained of stamina are great additions.  My only issue is that the flow of the game really feels stunted by mapping it essentially to reversals. There are some reversal animations (usually when striking a downed or seated opponent) that leave the striker available to re-start the offense again without being staggered. Trigger one, and you force your opponent to use a reversal, but go back on defense after you get another first hit in and get stuck in a reversal loop. Don't trigger it, and at least you got a few more stomps in.

I know people are sick of the love for No Mercy, WM 2000, etc., but the Spirit/Attitude bars felt much more natural and like there was an organic flow to the matches where a couple of key reversals could have you going from beaten down to coming back on offense seamlessly instead of this sort of "my reversal/your reversal" deal. Also, pins were successful in those games on a combination of body damage/current Attitude level. I think that Attitude works better than a lifebar that depletes and doesn't come back. If Yuke's could implement something like that instead of the lifebar, I really think they'd have a classic modern wrestling game on their hands. 

I hope they don't stop tweaking this, though, because even if (for me), it's a game that's sometimes fun and sometimes mechanically focused on reversals, when the game feels good and like a natural match, it's absolutely fantastic. 

The limited reversal was a great addition, but the AI still tries to reverse whenever it can, so it does still somewhat feel like a back and forth reversal fest...that just stops when you both run out.

Tweaking is essential, but this is the most realistic wrestling game I think I've ever played. They're on the right path. I expect 2K17 and 18 to be spectacular, assuming they continue the same trajectory of growth.

• Like 1

The new moves pack DLC is scheduled to be released tomorrow. Among the new moves included is Dalton Castle's finisher, deadlift German suplex, Ricochet's Benadryller, 630 senton, Tajiri's Buzzsaw kick, War Machine's double team finisher, Young Bucks buckle bomb/enziguiri combo,Stardust's standing crossface chickenwing, Roderick Strong's gutbuster/sick kick combo, Low-Ki's black magic, Low-Ki's dragon clutch, Kobashi's orange crush, Shinsuke Nakamara's good vibrations corner stomp, Regal's necktie neckbreaker and a few others I'm forgetting.

It feels so bizarre and surreal to me that we are talking about Trevor Lee's moves in a videogame.  I noticed that his jumping knee strike was already in the game.

The majority of moves are from wrestlers in the indies. It's a smart move because they know that die hards are the likeliest to invest in a moves pack - so tailor it around their favourites. 

It feels so bizarre and surreal to me that we are talking about Trevor Lee's moves in a videogame.  I noticed that his jumping knee strike was already in the game.

The majority of moves are from wrestlers in the indies. It's a smart move because they know that die hards are the likeliest to invest in a moves pack - so tailor it around their favourites. 

It's only surreal to me since I've known him since he was a 14 year old kid working under a mask.

Does anyone have a list of the full roster including DLC? Im probably getting the game for Christmas and Im wanting to have my roster split ready to go for universe mode.

Also what is the customization like for the WWE guys? Do we still have heaps of entrances, championship entrances, music etc? We can customize their color schemes still yes? Ive also seen superstars in multiple attires - eg Bulldog in both tights and long pants. Ive got WWE 2K14 and I have taken it as far as I can haha

And is the corner Sister Abigail still in the game? The one where he dances with them out of the turnbuckle before hitting the move.

Does anyone have a list of the full roster including DLC? Im probably getting the game for Christmas and Im wanting to have my roster split ready to go for universe mode.

Also what is the customization like for the WWE guys? Do we still have heaps of entrances, championship entrances, music etc? We can customize their color schemes still yes? Ive got WWE 2K14 and I have taken it as far as I can haha

Also is the corner Sister Abigail still in the game? The one where he dances with them out of the turnbuckle before hitting the move.

Roster:

1. Adam Rose

2. Aiden English

3. Alicia Fox

4. Andre the Giant

5. Bad News Barrett

6. Bam Bam Bigelow

7. Baron Corbin

8. Batista

9. Big E

10. Big Show

11. Billy Gunn

12. Bo Dallas

13. Booker T

14. Bray Wyatt

15. Bret Hart

16. Brian Pillman

17. Brie Bella

18. British Bulldog

19. Brock Lesnar

20. Cactus Jack

21. Cameron

22. Cesaro

23. Chris Jericho

24. Chris Jericho (Retro Version)

25. Christian

26. Colonel Mustafa

27. Colin Cassady

28. Curtis Axel

29. D'Lo Brown

30. Damien Sandow

31. Daniel Bryan

32. Darren Young

33. Dean Ambrose

34. Diamond Dallas Page

35. Dolph Ziggler

36. Dude Love

37. Edge

38. Emma

39. Enzo Amore

40. Erick Rowan

41. Eva Marie

42. Faarooq

43. Fandango

44. Finn Balor

45. Fit Finlay

46. General Adnan

47. Goldust

48. Haku

49. Heath Slater

50. Hideo Itami

51. Honky Tonk Man

52. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

53. Jack Swagger

54. Jake Roberts

55. John Bradshaw Layfield

56. Jey Uso

57. Jimmy Uso

58. Jim Neidhart

59. John Cena

60. Kalisto

61. Kama Mustafa

62. Corporate Kane

63. Kane (Retro Version)

64. Ken Shamrock

65. Kevin Nash

66. Kevin Owens

67. Kofi Kingston

68. Konnor

69. Layla

70. Lex Luger

71. Lord Steven Regal

72. Luke Harper

73. Mankind

74. Mark Henry

75. Mark Henry (Retro Version)

76. Mikey Whipwreck

77. Mr. McMahon (Retro Version)

78. Naomi

79. Natalya

80. Neville

81. Nikki Bella

82. Paige

83. Paul Wight

84. R-Truth

85. Randy Orton

86. Randy Savage

87. Ric Flair

88. Rick Rude

89. Ricky Steamboat

90. Rikishi

91. Roman Reigns

92. Rusev

93. Ryback

94. Sami Zayn

95. Santino Marella

96. Savio Vega

97. Seth Rollins

98. Sgt. Slaughter

99. Shane McMahon

100. Shawn Michaels

101. Sheamus

102. Simon Gotch

103. Sin Cara

104. Stardust

105. Stephanie McMahon

106. Sting

107. Sting (Retro 1999 Crow Version)

108. Sting (Retro 1991 Surfer Version)

109. Stone Cold Steve Austin

110. Stone Cold Steve Austin (Retro 2003 Version)

111. Stone Cold Steve Austin (Retro 1997 Version)

112. Stunning Steve Austin

113. Summer Rae

114. Tamina

115. The Miz

116. The Rock

117. The Rock (Retro Version)

118. Titus O'Neil

119. Triple H

120. Triple H (Retro Version)

121. Tyler Breeze

122. The Ultimate Warrior

123. The Undertaker

124. The Undertaker (American Badass Version)

125. The Undertaker (Ministry Version)

126. Vader

127. Viktor

128. William Regal

129. X-Pac

130. Xavier Woods

131. Zack Ryder

DLC

Pre Order Bonus

1. Arnold Schwarzenegger (The Terminator 1)

2. Arnold Schwarzenegger (The Terminator 2)

Upcoming DLC

Legends Pack

1. Big Bossman

2. Dusty Rhodes

3. Lita

4. Mr. Perfect

5. Roddy Piper

6. Trish Stratus

2015 Hall of Fame Showcase Pack

1. Alundra Blayze

2. Arn Anderson

3. Larry Zbyszko

4. Dustin Rhodes

5. Tatsumi Fujinami

6. Bushwhacker Butch

7. Bushwhacker Luke

8. Earthquake

9. Typhoon

10. Scott Hall

11. Stevie Ray

Future Stars Pack

-Samoa Joe

-Los Matadores

-Blake & Murphy

Non Playable Managers

1. Bobby Heenan

2. Brad Maddox

3. Col. Rob Parker

4. Gerald Brisco

5. Jimmy Hart

6. Lana

7. Miss Elizabeth

8. Mr. McMahon

9. Pat Patterson

10. Paul Bearer

11. Paul Heyman

12. Rosa Mendes

13. Stephanie McMahon

14. Sensational Sherri

15. Ted DiBiase

16. Zeb Colter

• Like 1

Oh man...

Already drooling at Steven and William Regal vs Flair and Anderson, Itami and Fujinami vs Perfect and Axel, Cesaro and Kidd vs Hart Foundation and Harlem Heat vs Blade Runners as well as Dusty and Dustin Rhodes vs Stardust and Goldust!

• Like 1

Entrances and music are pretty limited. You can customize the hell out of attires, waaayyy more than just changing colors, but each time you do, it eats up a CAW slot.

Im fine with the CAW thing.

Bummed about the entrances though. From what I can find there is no Eddie, ADR, Angle, Hardy etc