DVDVR Message Board

A thread for PS+/PSN Deals

Tabe

Who got them September rumblings?

Still too early.  The August titles didn't really come out until like July 31st.  There weren't even strong rumors until late July - and most of those ended up wrong.

Historically, they have USUALLY but not always announced on the Thursday before the first Monday. So we could find out tomorrow, but it isn't guaranteed. The total absence of rumors and spec has me interested. If there are any $10 PS4 games already announced as launching on 9/2 we can assume one of them will be a Plus title, since Sony likes to go for free-at-launch stuff on PS4.

PS4 games: no real idea on either.

PS3 games: donno anything about Hoard, All Stars is really fun. Too small for me to play on Vita, but it is hardly unique there.

Vita: Joe Danger is the love child of Excitebike and Tony Hawk. A little bit of Trials style physics puzzling but much more focus on speed and tricks and finding hidden items. It is ace. TXK is probably the 2014 release I have played most on any system.

EA sale going on until Monday. Mirror's Edge, Crysis 1 and 2, Dead Space 1 and 2, and Battlefields 2 and 3 under $5 a piece. Also the Mass Effect Trilogy is on massive sale again, in case you missed it last time.

It sounds like it's worth it now. It's been patched up and another patch is on the way to fix some other issues. From what I can tell on Operation Sports, this is how the game should have released.

Aaaand Joe Danger crashed my Vita on launch. It's currently got the idle swirl going on a black screen, playing the music and refusing to turn off. This happened once before a year or so ago, I basically get to wait until the battery runs down, then charge up from nothing. Hopefully it's just weirdness and not a potentially-corrupting problem.

From what I saw, it looked no different than the previous UFC games. It's going to be difficult to have that many animations going on and have those animations come from a more organic looking fighter. So instead, you get the stiff fighter movements. It's a necessary evil it seems like. I get why you don't like it. My main concern is how the fighters feel. If they don't feel like they have any weight to them, then that's a deal breaker.

Yeah, my friend and I had another go with it last night and it's still the prettiest version of rock 'em sock 'em robots. Fun but only for about 20 minutes and a completely ridiculous and arcadey form of fun when most people expect simulation stylings from sports games these days.

Is it possible to actually submit someone in the game?  My biggest problem with the UFC games is that no matter how good you are submitting someone is essentially impossible unless playing against a blind person, without thumbs, with terrible reflexes, and their controller was snatched out of their hand by a weasel with rabies. 

• Like 1

Good sale on some Rockstar stuff this week too.  RDR/Max Payne 3 combo for $10/8 with PSN.  Picked up The Warriors for $2.50.  Damn these sales, too many games and no time to play them since I am studying for my stock trading license.

From what I saw, it looked no different than the previous UFC games. It's going to be difficult to have that many animations going on and have those animations come from a more organic looking fighter. So instead, you get the stiff fighter movements. It's a necessary evil it seems like. I get why you don't like it. My main concern is how the fighters feel. If they don't feel like they have any weight to them, then that's a deal breaker.

I've watched a ton of gameplay videos on twitch and the actual gameplay and fluidity of movement seems so bad even compared to the last UFC games.  EA MMA had it as close to being right as it's ever been in my opinion.  The last couple of UFC games have each improved on each other but neither were as good as EA MMA and I'd put this new EA UFC game below all of those. 

I had...mixed feelings about Max Payne 3. Me and my friend played through it together because we loved the first 2. Unfortunately, time has kinda passed the gameplay by. Not to mention that the story is...Just basically that Max is the world's worst bodyguard.

Aaaand Joe Danger crashed my Vita on launch. It's currently got the idle swirl going on a black screen, playing the music and refusing to turn off. This happened once before a year or so ago, I basically get to wait until the battery runs down, then charge up from nothing. Hopefully it's just weirdness and not a potentially-corrupting problem.

Sounds like a lot of folks are having the same issue.

TxK and Velocity 2X are nifty.

Your weekend deal this weekend is a super sale on all things Grand Theft Auto.  Everything but V is under $6, and V is going for $30.  

I'm of course still hoping in vain for any kind of deal on Destiny.