DVDVR Message Board

A thread for PS+/PSN Deals

Tabe

Grabbed Toejam & Earl, Double Dragon, Twisted Metal, and the Dino Crisis and Syphon Filter games. Just started a new job so I'll probably never have time to play them, but the deal was too good to pass up.

I got Urban Trials on the last flash sale and it is a POS not even worth 99 cents. There is a free to play Tekken game on PSN that is much better than Tekken 2.

I kind of wish I had a PS3 at the moment to pick up those Syphon Filter games. I loved them back in the day. I have a feeling they'd be a weird experience to try and play through today due to modern shooters.

Grabbed Toejam & Earl, Double Dragon, Twisted Metal, and the Dino Crisis and Syphon Filter games. Just started a new job so I'll probably never have time to play them, but the deal was too good to pass up.

I got Urban Trials on the last flash sale and it is a POS not even worth 99 cents. There is a free to play Tekken game on PSN that is much better than Tekken 2.

The Vita version of Urban Trials is so bad that it felt like a ripoff on PS+ (and bear in mind that I'm way more generous on PS+ freebies than some folks around here...)

I need to pick up TM Black. Haven't played that in a decade.

Fired up Syphon Filter (never played it before) briefly last night and holy crap the graphics are bad. Even the CG cutscenes look like a lo res Lego Movie bootleg. Also weird to not be using the analog sticks. Still a fun game though. The little pixilated blood spurts are kinda charming.

Played a couple more:

Syphon Filter 3 looks better, still no analog stick control.

Virtua Fighter 2 - I think this is the Saturn version. Has online VS but didn't try it out cause I am very rusty with this series - only got to the 3rd or 4th match in arcade mode. There are trophies and they seem very easy to get. You even get one for beating each natch on arcade mode.

Twisted Metal Black is still fun. The graphics look decent in widescreen/smoothed mode. Was there ever a TM game past this? Seems like a perfect downloadable game.

Picked up Double Dragon Neon. Only gotten to the end of the second stage, but definitely not disappointed with it thus far.

Interesting. I thought it was pretty not great. I do still have installed though and definitely got my money's worth (it was free) out of it.

Played a couple more:

Syphon Filter 3 looks better, still no analog stick control.

Virtua Fighter 2 - I think this is the Saturn version. Has online VS but didn't try it out cause I am very rusty with this series - only got to the 3rd or 4th match in arcade mode. There are trophies and they seem very easy to get. You even get one for beating each natch on arcade mode.

Twisted Metal Black is still fun. The graphics look decent in widescreen/smoothed mode. Was there ever a TM game past this? Seems like a perfect downloadable game.

There was Twisted Metal: Head On for PSP and PS2 (built on the Black engine, but more thematically in line with the earlier games) and Twisted Metal (no subtitle) for PS3 which was heavily online-focused and had fun gameplay but a very disappointing slate of single-player options.

• 2 weeks later...

Ps4 injustice isn't a huge upgrade but its 8 bucks with plus.

If you like the game and didn't buy any DLC, it is SO worth it to get all the extra chars for that price. (the Ultimate Edition also starts with all the costumes and STAR Missions unlocked, but none of the other Archive stuff, just FYI.)