DVDVR Message Board

A thread for PS+/PSN Deals

Tabe

I was thinking of getting it but I don't have 70+ GB of free space on my HD.  It's so annoying that you have to have 2x the space of a file to donwload it.

You don't, you could have downloaded each game one at a time, and none of them are really that big.  I don't think any of them are over 25 GB.  $30 bucks for those three games is still vastly underpriced, so if you want to play them...and trust me you do want to play them, you can still jump in.

It might be too late now because I didn't read this thread last week. But if you've never played Mass Effect and didn't jump on that deal, you have fucked up your life.

I can always borrow the trilogy from my older brother.

I was thinking of getting it but I don't have 70+ GB of free space on my HD. It's so annoying that you have to have 2x the space of a file to donwload it.

You don't, you could have downloaded each game one at a time, and none of them are really that big. I don't think any of them are over 25 GB. $30 bucks for those three games is still vastly underpriced, so if you want to play them...and trust me you do want to play them, you can still jump in.

They were only like, 8GB a pop.

This week's update:

Free

- Mutant Mudds Deluxe (Vita) - Some kind of pixel art/chiptune platformer.  

Discounts

- Lots of discounts this week, including:

- Assassin's Creed Liberation HD (PS3) - $9.79

- Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry (PS3) - $7.99

- CastleStorm, Dustforce and others

The freebies for July (remember, these last all month) have been announced:

PS4:

- Towerfall: Ascension - multiplayer action platformer

- Strider - The reboot of the classic franchise.  I liked the demo of this a lot until I got stuck in a level and wasn't able to do anything.  For free, I'll try it again.

PS3:

- Dead Space 3 - have heard good things, dunno if I'll give it a shot

- Vessel - hey, another indie physics puzzler!

Vita:

- Muramasa Rebirth - port of a Wii action RPG

- Doki Doki Universe - This one has cross play with the PS3 & PS4, meaning you actually get three games if you own a PS3 or PS4 this month.

VERY excited for Muramasa, as that's one I've nearly bought 3-4 times. Strider is a hell of a lot of fun once you get used to it, that and Resogun were the only things I really played the first two weeks I had a PS4. Doki Doki I haven't been following and can't really comment on, Towerfall looks neat but I'm not sure how much fun it is for a chronic soloist like myself. Dead Space I'll 'buy' but given I already have the first 2 on Steam and never even downloaded them...

PS+ has always been cyclical.  That said, in 2014 on the PS3 we've gotten:

- DmC: Devil May Cry

- Bioshock Infinite

- Payday 2

- Tomb Raider

- Batman: Arkham City

- Castle of Illusion

- PES 2014

- NBA 2k14

- Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

That's roughly half of what we've gotten in just 2014.  If you wanna gripe about the PS4 freebies, be my guest - they've been "not great".  But the PS3 version of PS+ continues to deliver.

I don't think there are enough big games released on the PS4 to be giving some away for free. However there are a lot being released during the latter half of 2014 so maybe we will get some in late 2014 or early 2015.

Kind of annoyed I paid money for Towerfall: Ascension and it's free a few months later. Still, it's a great local multiplayer game and I've gotten value out of it. I recommend it if you have two controllers. Disappointed at the lack of online multiplayer but that wasn't what the developer was going for.

I don't think there are enough big games released on the PS4 to be giving some away for free. However there are a lot being released during the latter half of 2014 so maybe we will get some in late 2014 or early 2015.

Oh absolutely.  Not to worry, Killzone or Infamous will almost certainly be free in the next few months.  

This is not PSN related, but I thought this was the best thread to post this.

Amazon has Tomb Raider Definitive for $34.99 today.

Also, Best Buy this weekend has the following games on sale:

PS3

Murdered Soul Suspect - $39.99

Wolfenstein - $39.99

Drakengard 3 - $39.99

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remix - $24.99 

Grand Theft Auto 5 - $39.99

Watch Dogs - $49.99

PS4

MLB: The Show 14 - $39.99

Wolfenstein - $39.99

NBA 2K14 - $39.99

Murdered: Soul Suspect -$39.99

FFXIV - $29.99

It will be a great feeling when you download all of those games at once. You can also avoid the "I wish I wouldn't have bought that game because now it is available for free" feeling.

I got this months games via the iPhone app and they were on the PS4 when I got home. Technology is a wonderful thing.

PSN is having another 0.99 flash sale. There are games for both vita and ps3.https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-9_FLASHSALE2014

PS3 Games:

Worms Revolution

Thomas was Alone

Double Dragon Neon

Papa and Yo

Oddworld

The Cave

Machinarium

Tekken 2

Malicious

Urban Trials

Dino Crisis

Dino Crisis 2

Velocity ultra

Toejam and Earl

Dyad

Legend of Dragon

Twisted Metal Black

Wild Arms

Wild Arms 2

Harvest Moon

Syphon Filter

Syphon Filter 2

Syphon Filter 3

Virtua Fighters

PS Vita Games

Thomas was Alone

Tekken 2

Dino Crisis 2

Velocity Ultra

Urban Trail

Dino Crisis

Wild Arms

Wild Arms 2

Harvest Moon

Syphon Filter

Syphon Filter 2

Syphon Filter 3

Having played...um...none of these, I was wondering any recommendations?