DVDVR Message Board

A thread for PS+/PSN Deals

Tabe

Chrono Trigger is a direct port of the PSX version that was released with Final Fantasy IV as Final Fantasy Chronicles.  It comes with animated cutscenes, an ending manager, more save slots to space out the multiple endings, and about 4 second load times for every combat.  It gets mildly annoying, especially toward the end of the game when if you're heading to Lavos via the Black Omen and have that multiple sub-boss level fights on the elevator, which is kinda a SquareEnix trope at this point.

Depending on how discounted Cross is, I might grab that since its been awhile since I played it.  I know I wasn't a fan of the 40 playable characters that needed at least 2 runs to assemble all of them.

EDIT: Shit, stumbled across the $15 new Yu-Gi-Oh! game with like, a ton of cards in.  Just in time for me to mess around with and learn the XYZ mechanic, just when they introduce a new one...

There's also a $5 weekend deal with a lot of games including GTAIV and RDR. Midnight Club: LA will be losing its online at the end of this month, so I'm hoping/thinking that the sale will at least spur Rockstar to transition the game to their servers (depending on how the sales look).

The PS3 flash sale also has Bioshock 1 and 2, and L.A. Noire.  Bioshock, Red Dead Redemption and GTA IV are three of the top 10 games of the PS3/360 generation and if you haven't played them you probably should.  Seriously, I played all three of them on 360, which I don't have any more and I'm buying them again just to have them.  The Playstation Store has surpassed Xbox Live, they constantly add free games and have huge sales.  I probably played my 360 3x as much as my PS3 from launch to about 6 months ago when I moved(I was using my roommates after mine died) but I've been able to compile a good to great library of PS3 games 90% of which were either free or under $5.00. 

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

I had no idea I had funds in my PS wallet, and I somehow never played Red Dead Redemption. Win-win for me.

How must-buy is Midnight Club to someone who wants a race game with tuners? And should I get RDR if I really liked GTAV?

RDR is a must play. For $5 it's a no brainer.

Midnight Club is a fun racing game. If you like the racing in GTA IV and V, it has similarities. Definitely worth $5

How come we don't get any decent super cheap deals over in England?

Your PS+ freebies have generally been superior to what we get in the US...

Speaking of which, this week's update in America:

Free

- Stick it to the Man (PS4) - yet another indie puzzle platformer.  Have heard good things but this one doesn't interest me.

- Pro Evolution Soccer (PS3) - not as popular as the FIFA titles, this is still a well-regarded soccer title.  I'll definitely give this one a shot.

Discounts

- Discounts on Cabela's, the Prototype series, and a bunch of Transformers games.

Really weird to me that they put Fall of Cybertron on sale (though not a particularly great sale for a game that's approaching two years old now) along with DLC for other games, but not the other games themselves. Of course, IMO you don't really want those other games anyway...