DVDVR Message Board

A thread for PS+/PSN Deals

Tabe

Ni No Kuni looks great, but I have 0 desire to ever play another non-portable JRPG.

That being said: why the hell isn't Dragon Quest 8 a PS2 Classic by now?

• Like 1

Did anybody play Brothers?

I just beat it, took about 3 hours or so, but (spoiler for the ending)

The makers of the game were NOT nice to the little boy. What a depressing start, middle AND ending.

That aside, it's actually a fun little timewaster.

What's the general consensus on Tomb Raider? I've never played a single game in the series.

This is despite the first six games in the series being made by a firm in my small home town of Derby.

I was never a fan of the series, but I bought it cheap on Black Friday and loved it. It's kind of a hodge-podge of elements from other games, but all those elements fit together very well and make for a fun, if not "great," game.

That's a pretty good summary.  The new Tomb Raider is really pretty and it's a lot of fun.  It's not great, the plot is a mess, and you'll get tired of hearing Lara's sexual grunts every time she gets hurt, but it's a lot of fun.

New one is a combination of Uncharted, the new Batman games collectables and pointless combat.  Old ones are 3D Prince of Persia style deals with pointless combat and fucking amazing huge levels.  TR anniversary and Underworld kick the shit out of automatic garbage.  If you get it and play it, you will beat it.  It's one of those new easy games where you can't get stuck.

Uncharted/Arkham hodge-podge is a fair comparison.  I personally really enjoy the game.  No, it's not as good as Uncharted, but I love any game that let's me use a bow and arrow, and I legit love exploring the levels for all the treasure and upgrade parts.  Easily my favorite TR game since I've hated every other game in the series.

Oh, and I haven't gotten tired of her grunts yet ;)

So, finally pulling the trigger on PS+, and upgrading my HDD from 250GB to 750GB, so, besides Uncharted III and going back and getting GTAIV for $2, what else should I be looking for?

Also, what exactly does the cloud save do?  Like, can I go through the upgrade without needing the extra HDD to back it up?

The cloud save is great in case you end up with a situation like mine, where my PS3 died and I had to start from scratch.  Get all of the Uncharted games if you haven't played them.  I'm not sure what's on sale right now, so I'll have to check in later.

Also, what exactly does the cloud save do?  Like, can I go through the upgrade without needing the extra HDD to back it up?

Cloud save is for game saves only, not game data.  You still need the extra HDD if you don't feel like downloading and reinstalling all your games.

Right now it looks like the free games are:

Tomb Raider

Remember Me

Payday 2

Brothers

Bioshock Infinite

Dyad

Borderlands 2

Binary Domain

ibb obb

Uncharted 3

Little Big Planet Karting

Xcom

At least that's the list that was posted on March 3rd.  Most should still be available.

There's a LOT to like in that list.  Pretty much all of it, in fact.

I didn't care for Binary Domain at all.  Felt really clunky and the camera was a disaster.  I think Metro: Last Night is still free.  I have it, but will likely never play it after finding out it's another first-person style game. 

I just installed my PS4 HDD into my PS3 and went crazy downloading all the PS+ free games I've "purchased" since joining the service. There are too many options, I don't know where to start.

Hotline Miami controls are lightning quick, don't know if I can do it.

XCOM will be up until E3; it was announced at the same time as Uncharted 3 and LBP Racing when Infamous 2, Ratchet, etc. came down (at E3 2013).

It's a really good game, but if you're not into that kind of turn-based squad tac stuff there's nothing in it that will convert you to a fan.

Kind of nuts that Driveclub still doesn't have a release date when it was supposed to be a day one freebie. Just based on the fact it's due the same day as the next PS4 freebie goes up, and so far all those games have been free at launch rather than older titles, I am predicting Merc Kings for April (though that's also a heavy dose of wishful thinking.)

Kind of nuts that Driveclub still doesn't have a release date when it was supposed to be a day one freebie. Just based on the fact it's due the same day as the next PS4 freebie goes up, and so far all those games have been free at launch rather than older titles, I am predicting Merc Kings for April (though that's also a heavy dose of wishful thinking.)

The game sucked so major changes are coming apparently.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/10/sonyas-gone-aback-to-the-drawing-boarda-to-make-driveclub-agreata