DVDVR Message Board

A thread for PS+/PSN Deals

Tabe

I was considering picking Tales of Xillia up. Any opinions on it?

So far I am really liking it.  The loading speed of this game is amazing.  I also really like the unique look of the animation.  The voice acting for Jude, one of the main characters is pretty good, where I am not quite as enthused about Milla's, the other main character.  Linked combat is really fun and I just scratched the surface because of work last week.  I definitely would say this is worth a 10 buck pick up.

Heads up for the European guys:

Free February 2014 Europe Releases

PlayStation 4:

PS4 owners, make sure you pick up the simply terrifying Outlast from the team at Red Barrels*, from 5th February.

You’ll take on the role of independent journalist Miles Upshur. Acting on a tip from an inside source, you break into Mount Massive Asylum, an abandoned home for the mentally ill in the mountains of Colorado, hiding shocking, unnatural secrets. Once inside, your only hope of escape lies with uncovering the horrifying truth at the heart of Mount Massive. Will you make it out alive?

12088113546_c5e1dd9580.jpg

Playstation 3:

If Outlast wasn’t scary enough for you then why not immerse yourself in the haunting, desolate ruins of post-apocalyptic Moscow in Deep Silver‘s terrifyingly adventure Metro: Last Light.

Picking up from the cataclysmic events of Metro 2033, returning hero Artyom is now a Ranger, and D6, the secret underground vault discovered at the tail end of the last game, is your new ‘safe’ haven. Chock full of food and supplies it’s become the Metro system’s most coveted station city. Unfortunately for you, that also means you’re now squarely in the crosshairs of the underground’s more hostile inhabitants…

12088114146_703bc365ab.jpg

Next up, the winner of over 85 awards – BioShock Infinite!

You assume the role of former Pinkerton agent Booker DeWitt, sent to the flying city of Columbia on a rescue mission. His target? Elizabeth, imprisoned since childhood. During their daring escape, Booker and Elizabeth form a powerful bond – one that lets Booker augment his own abilities with her world-altering control over the environment. Together, they fight from high-speed Sky-Lines, in the streets and houses of Columbia, on giant zeppelins, and in the clouds, all while learning to harness an expanding arsenal of weapons and abilities.

Official_cover_art_for_Bioshock_Infinite

and finally PS Vita has Dynasty Warriors Next and Modnation Racers: Road Trip.

In summary:

Leaving PS Plus:

Entering PS Plus:

This week's update for North America:

Free

- Smart As (Vita) - Hey, look, a brain trainer on the Vita, roughly 57 years after Brain Age on the DS.  Even if I had a Vita, I'd pass.

Discounts

- a whole bunch of Final Fantasy-related discounts

Far Cry 3 was really fun besides the inane borderline racist story. Normally I'm not big on stealth or sniping in games, but I really liked taking that approach through the game.

I just played through Blood Dragon and that was really fun as well. It's currently on sale on PSN.

February in North America:

- Outlast (PS4)

- Payday 2 (PS3)

- Metro: Half Light (PS3)

- Remember Me (PS3)

- Street Fighter X Tekken (Vita)

- Modnation Racers: Road Trip (Vita)

Metro is FUCKING AWESOME. I'm looking forward to Remember Me because it got a ton of hype, then got not exactly lambasted, but not really loved either and seemed destined for PS+ and the bargain bin. Of the two, I prefer PS+ since there's no out of pocket cost.

Any of the PS3 games worth checking out?

Metro and Payday 2 are both supposed to be very good.  Remember Me - which got a 5.9 from IGN - sounds like a missed opportunity.

This week in North America:

Free:

Outlast (PS4) - First-person survival horror game.  I may grab this just to have another PS4 game but...yeah, not really my thing.

Metro: Last Light (PS3) - Another FPS but supposed to be great.  Will give this one a shot at least.

Discounts

- basically nothing other than some game named Dustforce for the Vita.

This week's update:

Free

- Payday 2 (PS3) - Uh, yeah, I'll be getting this one.

Discounts

- TxK (Vita) - the Tempest clone/update is discounted.

A couple other discounts as well.

Far Cry 3 was really fun besides the inane borderline racist story. Normally I'm not big on stealth or sniping in games, but I really liked taking that approach through the game.

I just played through Blood Dragon and that was really fun as well. It's currently on sale on PSN.

Finished it now my PS3 is working again.

I noticed in a shop in town today that Far Cry 2 was on sale at like £3.

Didn't get it as there was more than one copy buried there, but is it recommendable at all?

This week's update for the US:

Free

- Remember Me (PS3) - Action/fighting game that got mediocre reviews

- Street Fighter x Tekken (Vita) - Have heard this is great.  Wish the PS3 version was free :(

Discounts

- Gunslugs (PS3) - Yawn.  Yet another side-scrolling "retro" style game with 8/16-bit graphics.  Whoopdeedoo.

Yeah, this week's a miss for me.  Oh well.

SF vs Tekken for Vita is exactly the type of game that makes me love ps plus. I've played the shit out of the console version and toyed with the idea of buying the Vita version. Remember Me and Metro are similar. Games I wanted to play but hadn't bought yet.