DVDVR Message Board

Opening segment didn't eat up too much time and made matches for tonight and the PPV. Roman Reigns beat Barrett, and then, no it's not Christmas - STEPH AND HHH ANNOUNCED ANOTHER ROMAN REIGNS MATCH! AND WE GOT A RYBACK PROMO TOO! I know WWE is such a giving company, in part because they do such a fine job alerting the fans to every good deed they've ever done, but could they please hold some things back? If they keep delivering supercards like this, then WrestleMania might be less special.

Big Show vs. Ryback will be a thing. Kofi vs. Dolph was nothing, but the six-man tag was a great showcase for Titus. Roman-Henry was nothing, and Henry's a heel again for some reason. Ditto the Bellas, who cheated to beat Paige with Twin Magic. Boy was Orton-Shemaus nothing. Rusev's promo was fantastic. He's lost everything. His woman. His title. His career. His accent. Neville beat Bo in their best of 10,000 series. Roman beat Bray. They spent OVER THREE HOURS to get to the same point we were at before - Roman is in MITB. Loved Dean beating up Seth and re-taking the title he should've won.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/06/wwe-raw-6-1-15.html

Screens - 

e0f73c413133251.jpg 

6acb75413133273.jpg

1310d2413140428.jpg 

1b4e35413145930.jpg 

RDV4Smpm.gif

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/s8gwis0xvm3ftz7iijgwtxgwhuuo84h1

The John Cena promo was great except for this completely ridiculous point about the XFL, Adam Rose, and Brodius Clay.  Does he actually think those guys were selling merchandise?  That made no sense.    I do like Owens bringing up that his son is a huge John Cena fan because wasn't the idea that Kevin's son loves Sami Zayn the basis of the NXT feud.  

Titus O Neil throwing guys around like a rag doll is pro wrestling.  I mean it looks reckless and dangerous but they seem to land fine.

Hearing Adam Rose, who is still an active wrestler on the WWE roster, lumped in with the XFL and Broadus Clay made me sad. Especially after seeing his story on that E:60 special. That was a Triple H-level douchey "shoot" comment. Reminded me of when he ripped Masters for coming back and looking smaller than he used to.

• Like 6

Cena/Owens was simply fantastic. Also, Roman was pretty king-sized tonight and the best buds deal with him and Dean is pretty refreshing to see.

Oh yeah, more Titus hossin' fools, please. 

Ambrose wins the title at MITB and they do a constant tease of "Will Roman cash in on his best buddy or not?"

Meanwhile, Triple H will punish Seth Rollins by bringing back Brock. This way Brock can get his revenge without winning the title.

• Like 1

Hearing Adam Rose, who is still an active wrestler on the WWE roster, lumped in with the XFL and Broadus Clay made me sad. Especially after seeing his story on that E:60 special. That was a Triple H-level douchey "shoot" comment. Reminded me of when he ripped Masters for coming back and looking smaller than he used to.

And it's somewhat hypocritical for John Cena to urge a child to fight cancer when Adam Rose is going through some crap.

Cena needs to think before he speaks too.

• Like 2

I could have done without Cena mentioning sick kids in his promo, those lines don't need to be blurred..  but otherwise it was a great back and forth with he and Owens and I believe this was the first mention of "SUPER CENA" on WWE television. I know some here really hate that but I love that someone out there is still saying it and Owens is bringing it to TV.  Made me laugh a good minute.

• Like 1

I'm sure he did make the kid's year but it's a fine line. Cena isn't the only one who cares about cancer. He's made the most make-a-wish dates but everyone in the company is doing them. Everyone cares. It really has no place in his promos. Stick to wrestling.

• Like 1

And we're at Bella turn 1,485. And how crazy that they bring back Twin Magic at a time that the Bellas couldn't look more different? lol

Anyway, I was digging Nikki/Paige especially since it looked like they were switching up the usual spots. Poor Naomi though. Always the bridesmaid...

I'm sure he did make the kid's year but it's a fine line. Cena isn't the only one who cares about cancer. He's made the most make-a-wish dates but everyone in the company is doing them. Everyone cares. It really has no place in his promos. Stick to wrestling.

So, if Bryan comes back, does Owens cut a promo on Conner?

Man I watched Raw at the bar and I'm drunk but I did realize something watching the Owens-Cena showdown...besides that my worries over Owens' initial promo was unfounded and he is indeed completely ready for the big show...I see where legitimate Cena hate comes from...it certainly isnt people trying to Hogan him with that "he only does 6 moves" bullshit cause we all know he's a great worker...and obviously he's a great humanitarian...and he's very giving in the ring, I mean yeah people groused about Rusev but the all-American ace of your promotion isnt losing the blow-off to the foreign heel menace, sorry guys...no, the legit Cena hate was right there in the response to Owens...NO ONE BURIES THEIR OPPONENT IN PROMOS LIKE CENA...I mean, The Rock was famous for burying his opponents but at least his gimmick heel or face was being an arrogant prick...Cena loses clean as a sheet to Owens and comes out the next night and says Owens's not a real man...Show some goddamn respect for the guy who whupped your ass man...a throwaway line about Owens being a good wrestler doesnt make up for Cena emasculating the guy verbally...